Who wins a Boebert vs. Frisch rematch?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:52:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Who wins a Boebert vs. Frisch rematch?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who wins a Boebert vs. Frisch rematch?
Lauren Boebert

Adam Frisch

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 62

Author Topic: Who wins a Boebert vs. Frisch rematch?  (Read 1373 times)
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 19, 2023, 07:09:36 PM »

Who wins a rematch between Lauren Boebert and Adam Frisch?
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2023, 07:26:18 PM »

Frisch.
TwinGeeks99
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2023, 03:13:10 AM »

Definitely Frisch because now that everybody knows Boebert is on very, very thin ice, there's no way Democrats are not going to aggressively target her, especially given her shenanigans now that she's part of a House majority.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2023, 08:59:15 AM »

Boebert will not be Colorado 3rd District's Congresswoman in 2027 and quite possibly 2025. The only way Republicans keep this seat is that they primary her with a more generic Republican. Maybe one that is brown or gay or something but wants to get rid of Obamacare, give free sh**t to rich people, make all kinds of laws about "killing babies", and has Putin XinPing cuckhold fantasies.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2023, 01:13:21 AM »

I wouldn't be too quick to call such a contest in favor of Frisch - after all, 2024 will feature presidential-level turnout, and under such turnout, Boebert could very well win by 5000 votes instead of 500 votes.
Suburban Republican
omelott
Israel

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2023, 04:30:14 AM »
« Edited: March 21, 2023, 04:55:45 AM by greenchili02 »

This race is a tossup but I would still give the advantage to Boebert. Trump still won this district by double digits in 2020  and just because Boebert came close to losing in a midterm year doesn’t mean the same will be true in a higher turnout presidential year where there’s going to be much more enthusiasm on both sides and less split ticket voting. And this district isn’t anchored by any major metro regions with large numbers of college educated professionals that could produce type of strong and reliable towards Democratic trends that we’ve seen in the front range districts. In fact, Pueblo (by far the biggest vote sink for Democrats) could become a serious long term liability due to its overwhelmingly Hispanic and working class demographics. Frisch overperformed Biden substantially in the western slope and ski country in 2022 but he only barely overperformed him in Pueblo and certainly didn’t match Obama numbers there, which may have ultimately been what cost him the election.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2023, 10:43:54 AM »

Tilt or Lean Frisch.

He'll run a stronger campaign in 2024 as Boebert proved to be more vulnerable than previously thought. 2024 might also be a more D-friendly environment. Dems have often done better downballot in presidential cycles anyway.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2023, 12:14:15 PM »

This race is a tossup but I would still give the advantage to Boebert. Trump still won this district by double digits in 2020  and just because Boebert came close to losing in a midterm year doesn’t mean the same will be true in a higher turnout presidential year where there’s going to be much more enthusiasm on both sides and less split ticket voting. And this district isn’t anchored by any major metro regions with large numbers of college educated professionals that could produce type of strong and reliable towards Democratic trends that we’ve seen in the front range districts. In fact, Pueblo (by far the biggest vote sink for Democrats) could become a serious long term liability due to its overwhelmingly Hispanic and working class demographics. Frisch overperformed Biden substantially in the western slope and ski country in 2022 but he only barely overperformed him in Pueblo and certainly didn’t match Obama numbers there, which may have ultimately been what cost him the election.

Trump won by 8, actually.
crazy jimmie
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2023, 07:12:02 PM »

When I said in this thread that I wanted a latin, I meant that that a Latino candidate who is sane is preferable to an Aspenite.

The people in the area may like Aspen as a recreation center, but they hate the people who live in Aspen. Fortunately, I do not live in Aspen.

It is hard to determine whether Frisch is an actual moderate or not and difficult to base it on his Aspen City Council voting record.

I do appreciate that he is realistic on energy.

He is a wealthy liberal (or moderate) Democrat from New York and a clear transplant.

Boebert will win or lose own her own.  I have a hunch she could screw up and end up losing. Nice rental district on the map for Democrats.
Snow Belt Republican
Ragnaroni
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.97, S: 1.74

P
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2023, 05:10:51 AM »

I don't care, I JUST WANT BOEBERT GONE! Primary or general her, let's get her gone!
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2023, 08:34:19 AM »

Boebert. More national attention on the race will help her; remember that this is still an R-leaning district, even if Polis won it.
nfvlmv
Rookie
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2023, 05:50:49 PM »

Frisch has all the momentum and funding advantage for sure.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2023, 05:53:37 PM »

I feel that Boebert is likely to win in a razor-thin margin again.
FloridaMan1845
Rookie
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2023, 08:16:37 PM »

Presidential turnout saves Boebert, but she loses in 2026 thanks to the DeSantis midterm.
Ron DeSantis enthusiast
FranciscoM97

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2023, 01:57:10 AM »

If Boebert wins in 2024 is going to be very close
Spectator
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2023, 07:36:31 AM »

I don’t know. The only thing I know is Colorado Republicans are f’d. My guess is both CO-03 and CO-05 (yes, the Colorado Springs seat) will be blue sometime this decade. All the hippies are moving to that state in droves, and it’s one of the few states where even rural areas are trending blue.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2023, 05:41:49 PM »

This race wasn't treated as a competitive race last year, so if it is more nationalised that could help Boebert in a district with this lean. However, she is clearly a weak candidate and the district isn't Safe Republican, but it might be harder to flip than it looks.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2023, 05:57:47 PM »

I would hope Frisch, but I'm not all that confident. A presidential year with hindsight is a bit of a different scenario from 2022.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2023, 11:54:43 AM »

I don’t know. The only thing I know is Colorado Republicans are f’d. My guess is both CO-03 and CO-05 (yes, the Colorado Springs seat) will be blue sometime this decade. All the hippies are moving to that state in droves, and it’s one of the few states where even rural areas are trending blue.
Stop watching South Park!
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2023, 10:00:36 AM »

Turnout alone will not save her. The only advantage going for her is that she has an r next to her name but she is so toxic that I might not be enough
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2023, 09:32:50 PM »

I wouldn't be too quick to call such a contest in favor of Frisch - after all, 2024 will feature presidential-level turnout, and under such turnout, Boebert could very well win by 5000 votes instead of 500 votes.

This. The way I see it increased polarisation naturally works to Boebart's favour in a district Trump/DeSantis will definitely win by a decent margin. And as for Democrats giving this seat a much closer look, while that's true, the Republicans are now also going to be on their guard for sure.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2023, 09:34:01 PM »

CO-03 gonna become the new Florida lmao
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2023, 09:57:49 PM »

CO-03 is Florida with mountains and liberal retirees instead of conservative ones. Don't @ me.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2023, 09:59:46 PM »

CO-03 is Florida with mountains and liberal retirees instead of conservative ones. Don't @ me.

?
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2023, 10:01:12 PM »

?
Oh. I was making a joke and completing it with "don't tag me".
This post has nothing to do with Ohio.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies