Pardon for Trump?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:45:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Pardon for Trump?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you think Biden will pardon Trump if he gets indicted?
Yes, Trump gets pardoned.

No, Trump does not get pardoned.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: Pardon for Trump?  (Read 554 times)
nfvlmv
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 19, 2023, 10:10:10 AM »

I think Biden knows that Trump is his best chance at being re-elected in 2024. Do we think Biden would pardon Trump to keep him in the race?
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2023, 11:07:12 AM »

Nah, I don't think it's going to happen. I think Biden would lose lot of goodwill if he ever considered this.

Only scenario I could imagine is some form of commutation/clemency at the end of his 2nd term should Trump become seriously ill with just limited time to live.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2023, 11:11:04 AM »

Joe Biden truly believes Trump would destroy this country if Trump could. He would not block any attempt at justice for the sake of political "precedent" (referring to Gerald Ford, which itself was a bad precedent to begin with)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2023, 11:20:49 AM »

Even if Biden were that desperate to see Trump in the public eye, surely he’d know that doing so would damage him enormously among Democrats.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2023, 11:38:12 AM »

I would not vote for Biden if he were to pardon Trump, and I suspect that I'm not the only one.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2023, 11:38:58 AM »

The only thing less likely than Trump going to jail is Biden pardoning him.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2023, 11:43:58 AM »

President Biden has absolutely no reason to.  Though if a Republican president takes over in 2028, I have no doubt it will be among the first things he will do after he is inaugurated, posthumously if Trump dies before then.  
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2023, 11:48:56 AM »

Keep in mind the President can't pardon any conviction in NY or GA. The NY governor could, but good luck getting a Republican in there. The GA governor cannot, but s/he appoints the panel that does.
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2023, 02:11:36 PM »

Keep in mind the President can't pardon any conviction in NY or GA. The NY governor could, but good luck getting a Republican in there. The GA governor cannot, but s/he appoints the panel that does.

NY Dems were trying their hardest last year.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2023, 02:57:04 PM »

Not happening under Biden's watch, I'm very certain. However, the next Republican president almost certainly will. He'd also try if he ever gets in again.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2023, 03:01:36 PM »

I would not vote for Biden if he were to pardon Trump, and I suspect that I'm not the only one.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2023, 03:02:28 PM »

Even if Biden were that desperate to see Trump in the public eye, surely he’d know that doing so would damage him enormously among Democrats.

I think Biden is smarter and wiser than most people living today. And he has vast experience in politics. I think he knows the right thing to do, and it wouldn't be to pardon Trump for anything. Trump does not deserve a pardoning. Trump has earned the right to prison if anything.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2023, 03:24:06 PM »

A pardon doesn't apply to civil Torts or state prosecuted so the Stormy Daniels case is a state not Federal issue and even if he isn't indicted Trump once he loses to Biden and he will lose Swalwell and D's are going after him for Defamation on Torts for J6 and Biden knows that D's are anxious to get rid of him if he does such RFK Jr, Harris and Newsom are gonna run in 28 if Trump whom is Robotnic whom looks likes him and he is such he is MAGA and DeSantis is 47 percent Romney would lose in a primary

Once Trump loses in 24 he will be gone after Civil Torts a Tort is Defamation Prez are except from like he told the Chinese lady to go ask China and Elaine Chao is McConnell wife
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2023, 03:32:23 PM »
« Edited: March 19, 2023, 03:37:09 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Why do you think RS are in trouble in FL, now it's wave insurance once he loses it can be a 416 map, it's a 303/125 map as I always said blk battleground FL, TX, AZ, GA, NC, MO, OH and SC are vulnerable we were supposed to have it in 20 but RS overperform before J6 but this thing will break open so that Trump and Rs don't come back and we break the Filibuster

As I always said why is KY, MS and LA out because VBM is slow there is no quick R victory especially OH, FL, AZ, TX and NC and PA and WI are always tight

When the LA G poll was entered it was a matchup not with Wilson and Landry in GE Mark Warner entered it R v R, there is a poll that has Wilson at 29/28 percent and Presley is down by 7 with 7 mnths left and Oz and Laxalt and Walker should know their leads didn't last of 6 pts look what happened to Cathrina he said Oz was gonna win

RS don't go to NAACP or Urban League to get Blk and Brown vote Bush W just appointment of Powell and Condi Rice Jews go to both that's why we need to get reparations started no one is asking for handout but it has to be STARTED

Urban league wants reparations and they are job readiness
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies