BREAKING: Witness Ben Barnes confirms Reagan campaign collusion with Tehran to delay hostage release (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 05:34:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BREAKING: Witness Ben Barnes confirms Reagan campaign collusion with Tehran to delay hostage release (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BREAKING: Witness Ben Barnes confirms Reagan campaign collusion with Tehran to delay hostage release  (Read 2085 times)
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« on: March 19, 2023, 06:10:29 AM »

You mean the hostages being released a few minutes after Reagan was sworn in as president wasn't a totally innocent coincidence? Shocked Shocked Shocked

I think it depends on how savvy you think the Iranian Mullahs are. The one year anniversary of the hostage taking was the same day as the Presidential election (November 4 1979 and November 4, 1980.) It also seems hard to believe this was a coincidence. The Mullahs hated Carter for helping the Shah rather than have him face justice in Iran. They essentially believed Carter was arguing "my religion is better than your religion."

In this context, the timing of the release of the hostages would have been the Mullahs final humiliation of Carter.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2023, 06:16:43 AM »

Jimmy Carter will get to not only outlive the two men who sabotaged his re-election (Ted Kennedy and Ronald Reagan), he will also get the satisfaction of being totally vindicated in the public eye before his death.

God bless you, Jimmy.

You were too good for us.

He was a good man, a mediocre president. Presidents have to deliver economically and have to be strong on the world stage. He didn't do that. Hence why Kennedy primaried him in 1980 and Reagan won in 1980 and 1984.

You think Carter could have ended the Cold War in the 80s?

Gorbachev ended the Cold War. Reagan was correct in recognizing this and throwing his hard line advisers like Richard Perle to the curb.

Gorbachev was appointed General Secretary of the Communist Party by the Politburo because he was perceived as being successful in improving agricultural production in the region that he mangaged prior to being appointed to the Politburo, and the Soviet Union was  experiencing an agricultural crisis. Any argument that Reagan forced Russia to concede defeat due to causing low oil prices or due to 'Star Wars' is false. The Soviet economy had collapsed and Gorbachev was willing to acknowledge it.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2023, 05:15:45 PM »

Why on Earth would the Clintons still be friends with Kissinger if Nixon and Kissinger did actually sabotage the Paris Talks? ... That's my big flaw with that theory.

If anything, this is further confirmation of your theory? Even by the standards of politics (with all the vice, deceit, and manipulation it involves), the Clintons are a top contender for the most ghoulish political couple of 20th-century America. To borrow from Christopher Hitchens (I recommend watching the whole interview), Bill Clinton in particular can be aptly described as an "unusually ghastly" individual and the textbook case of a complete and utter psychopath.

The likes of Nixon and Kissinger are precisely who you’d expect the Clintons to keep company with.

Utter nonsense.

President Clinton may have been one of the most dishonest politicians about his private life (at least until Donald Trump, George Santos and Andy Ogles came along) but both he and Hillary Clinton are documented to be two of the most honest politicians about their public record, public dealings and public policy.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2023, 05:42:19 PM »
« Edited: March 19, 2023, 05:46:46 PM by Benjamin Frank »

Why on Earth would the Clintons still be friends with Kissinger if Nixon and Kissinger did actually sabotage the Paris Talks? ... That's my big flaw with that theory.

If anything, this is further confirmation of your theory? Even by the standards of politics (with all the vice, deceit, and manipulation it involves), the Clintons are a top contender for the most ghoulish political couple of 20th-century America. To borrow from Christopher Hitchens (I recommend watching the whole interview), Bill Clinton in particular can be aptly described as an "unusually ghastly" individual and the textbook case of a complete and utter psychopath.

The likes of Nixon and Kissinger are precisely who you’d expect the Clintons to keep company with.

Utter nonsense.

President Clinton may have been one of the most dishonest politicians about his private life (at least until Donald Trump, George Santos and Andy Ogles came along) but both he and Hillary Clinton are documented to be two of the most honest politicians about their public record, public dealings and public policy.
I could care less if politicians lie about their personal life. I care more about the job they do.

I'm not sure what Christopher Hitchens' interview specifically is being referred to, but I'd guess it was during the time that he was being his usual bombastic and obnoxious self in defending George W. Bush's illegal invasion of Iraq. I'd don't think Christopher Hitchens should be taken as a credible source on anything, and certainly not when it comes to identifying psychopaths.

South Park mocked the notion that to Americans anybody with a British accent is an intellectual, and certainly if you take away Hitchens' British accent all you're left with is a bombastic and obnoxious person.

Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2023, 07:35:31 PM »
« Edited: March 19, 2023, 07:51:28 PM by Benjamin Frank »

Utter nonsense.

I could care less if politicians lie about their personal life. I care more about the job they do.

I'm not sure what Christopher Hitchens' interview specifically is being referred to, but I'd guess it was during the time that he was being his usual bombastic and obnoxious self in defending George W. Bush's illegal invasion of Iraq. I'd don't think Christopher Hitchens should be taken as a credible source on anything, and certainly not when it comes to identifying psychopaths.

South Park mocked the notion that to Americans anybody with a British accent is an intellectual, and certainly if you take away Hitchens' British accent all you're left with is a bombastic and obnoxious person.

1. Broken clock.  

2. Hitchens was largely vindicated with what he said, pretty much until 9/11 which scrambled lots of people up

3. South Park mocked climate change and Al Gore, they're not a more reputable source than Hitchens just because they have Eric Cartman saying strange things.

1.Nothing that you've said counters that President Clinton was dishonest about his private life but well above the average for a politician for being honest in his public life.

2.I wasn't 'scrambled up' by September 11, and I don't think that's any excuse.
If all your evidence on President Clinton supposedly being a 'psychopath' is an interview from Christopher Hitchens, who shortly after defended an illegal war of choice in which possibly one million people died and promoted fear against Muslims, the best you can maybe say is to use the argument 'it takes one to know one.'

Hitchens' response to September 11, if anything, shows that he would have easily been far more 'ghoulish' as President than either Bill Clinton was or Hillary Clinton would have been, and President Clinton was a far less 'ghastly' President than George W. Bush, whom Hitchens supported. Hitchens was a bombastic and obnoxious ghoul.

3.South Park mocked Al Gore, they never mocked the reality of climate change, they did mock the self righteousness of some people who altered their behavior to address climate change like those who were very public about it.

This same sort of subtle distinction is missed by those who falsely believe that George Carlin was a climate change denier. Carlin did make the comment 'the earth will survive global warming fine' which is or was quoted by the deniers, but they leave out he added after that 'it's the humans on it who won't.'  
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies