BREAKING: Witness Ben Barnes confirms Reagan campaign collusion with Tehran to delay hostage release (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:17:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BREAKING: Witness Ben Barnes confirms Reagan campaign collusion with Tehran to delay hostage release (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BREAKING: Witness Ben Barnes confirms Reagan campaign collusion with Tehran to delay hostage release  (Read 2152 times)
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« on: March 18, 2023, 08:43:45 PM »

Ben Barnes...the top Kerry donor and Democratic politician? Why would we believe him? His explanation for not revealing it at the time doesn't make sense either.

Mr. Barnes said he did not reveal the real story at the time to avoid blowback from his own party. “I don’t want to look like Benedict Arnold to the Democratic Party by participating in this,” he recalled explaining to a friend. The headlines at the time, he imagined, would have been scandalous. “I did not want that to be on my obituary at all.”

How would Barnes have looked like a Benedict Arnold for having revealed Connolly's treachery?
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2023, 08:45:19 PM »

Jimmy Carter will get to not only outlive the two men who sabotaged his re-election (Ted Kennedy and Ronald Reagan), he will also get the satisfaction of being totally vindicated in the public eye before his death.

God bless you, Jimmy.

You were too good for us.

Jimmy Carter was a terrible President and a terrible man. Most Americans will never read or hear this account, and if they do they will rightly not believe it.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2023, 08:51:36 PM »
« Edited: March 18, 2023, 08:54:56 PM by North Carolina Conservative »

Ben Barnes...the top Kerry donor and Democratic politician? Why would we believe him? His explanation for not revealing it at the time doesn't make sense either.

Mr. Barnes said he did not reveal the real story at the time to avoid blowback from his own party. “I don’t want to look like Benedict Arnold to the Democratic Party by participating in this,” he recalled explaining to a friend. The headlines at the time, he imagined, would have been scandalous. “I did not want that to be on my obituary at all.”

How would Barnes have looked like a Benedict Arnold for having revealed Connolly's treachery?
Genetic fallacy. Reagan and Connally were both former Dems.

The national GOP owes Carter an apology.

...what? How does Reagan and Connally being former Dems negate Barnes being a life-long Dem, or the illogicity of Barnes's explanation? And genetic fallacy is irrelevant here: it is totally fair to note that a partisan liberal might lie to smear a conservative in a way that someone not a partisan liberal wouldn't.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies