BREAKING: Witness Ben Barnes confirms Reagan campaign collusion with Tehran to delay hostage release
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:23:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BREAKING: Witness Ben Barnes confirms Reagan campaign collusion with Tehran to delay hostage release
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: BREAKING: Witness Ben Barnes confirms Reagan campaign collusion with Tehran to delay hostage release  (Read 2117 times)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2023, 02:36:05 PM »

I mean this was already obvious since the hostages were released just after he got in. On terms that Carter negotiated during his final weeks and days in office. I don't think it have saved him in October because the economy was not doing well, but still an act that borders treason. It's really stunning how basically all Republican presidents of the last 60 years with the exception of (unelected) Ford were shady or outright crooks. Even Poppy Bush was involved in Iran-Contra and his Lee Atwater campaign tactics disgraceful.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2023, 03:11:10 PM »

Not surprising at all. This just confirms what was already known.

It's also a disgrace that the Tower Commission and Reagan's acting charm was able to make him avoid culpability for Iran-Contra.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2023, 03:20:45 PM »

Jimmy Carter will get to not only outlive the two men who sabotaged his re-election (Ted Kennedy and Ronald Reagan), he will also get the satisfaction of being totally vindicated in the public eye before his death.

God bless you, Jimmy.

You were too good for us.

Jimmy Carter was a terrible President and a terrible man. Most Americans will never read or hear this account, and if they do they will rightly not believe it.

Terrible man?!? Dude, totally stfu. You have some justification to at least posit the theory he was a terrible president, but a terrible person he is proven not. Probably the best human being to have been elected president since Eisenhower.

Seriously, GTFO with that kind of partisan hackery.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2023, 03:23:37 PM »

Ben Barnes...the top Kerry donor and Democratic politician? Why would we believe him? His explanation for not revealing it at the time doesn't make sense either.

Mr. Barnes said he did not reveal the real story at the time to avoid blowback from his own party. “I don’t want to look like Benedict Arnold to the Democratic Party by participating in this,” he recalled explaining to a friend. The headlines at the time, he imagined, would have been scandalous. “I did not want that to be on my obituary at all.”

How would Barnes have looked like a Benedict Arnold for having revealed Connolly's treachery?

This was also investigated multiple times and found to be bunk .

Yes, and as pointed out Not only was Conley's involvement never investigated, now it has been verified firsthand.

We get it that you are not prone to processing new information that contradicts what you already believe, but you need to take Reagan down from that pedestal that deludes you so badly almost things.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2023, 03:25:22 PM »

Ben Barnes...the top Kerry donor and Democratic politician? Why would we believe him? His explanation for not revealing it at the time doesn't make sense either.

Mr. Barnes said he did not reveal the real story at the time to avoid blowback from his own party. “I don’t want to look like Benedict Arnold to the Democratic Party by participating in this,” he recalled explaining to a friend. The headlines at the time, he imagined, would have been scandalous. “I did not want that to be on my obituary at all.”

How would Barnes have looked like a Benedict Arnold for having revealed Connolly's treachery?

This was also investigated multiple times and found to be bunk .

Previous investigations didn't touch on Connally's involvement:
Suspicions about the Reagan camp’s interactions with Iran circulated quietly for years until Gary Sick, a former national security aide to Mr. Carter, published a guest essay in The New York Times in April 1991 advancing the theory, followed by a book, “October Surprise,” published that November.

The term “October surprise” was originally used by the Reagan camp to describe its fears that Mr. Carter would manipulate the hostage crisis to effect a release just before the election.

To forestall such a scenario, Mr. Casey was alleged to have met with representatives of Iran in July and August 1980 in Madrid leading to a deal supposedly finalized in Paris in October in which a future Reagan administration would ship arms to Tehran through Israel in exchange for the hostages being held until after the election.

The House and Senate separately authorized investigations and both ultimately rejected the claims. The bipartisan House task force, led by a Democrat, Representative Lee H. Hamilton of Indiana, and controlled by Democrats 8 to 5, concluded in a consensus 968-page report that Mr. Casey was not in Madrid at the time and that stories of covert dealings were not backed by credible testimony, documents or intelligence reports.

Still, a White House memo produced in November 1991 by a lawyer for President George H.W. Bush reported the existence of “a cable from the Madrid embassy indicating that Bill Casey was in town, for purposes unknown.” That memo was not turned over to Mr. Hamilton’s task force and was discovered two decades later by Robert Parry, a journalist who helped produce a “Frontline” documentary on the October surprise.

Reached by telephone this past week, Mr. Sick said he never heard of any involvement by Mr. Connally but saw Mr. Barnes’s account as verifying the broad concerns he had raised. “This is really very interesting and it really does add significantly to the base level of information on this,” Mr. Sick said. “Just the fact that he was doing it and debriefed Casey when he got back means a lot.” The story goes “further than anything that I’ve seen thus far,” he added. “So this is really new.”

Sure but how do we know this testimony is even credible cause an investigation would have found out any unusual trips that were made . This seems more like just a way to try to give credibility to a a conspiracy theory as the fact is you would need far more than this statement to claim the Reagan camp sabotaged the hostage release .

Nixon was outright cause on tape and LBJ is recorded calling it treason which is why their is evidence of that .

Beep Boop was in Tehran with John Connally and can personally verify there was no discussion about releasing the hostages late!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2023, 03:26:51 PM »
« Edited: March 19, 2023, 03:31:26 PM by Badger »

What a joke. Just because the red avatars so badly want this to be true doesn’t make it so.

What a joke to claim a first person narrative of this from someone involved isn't true. Just because blue avatars went so bad for this not to be the case doesn't mean it isn't.

You mean the hostages being released a few minutes after Reagan was sworn in as president wasn't a totally innocent coincidence? Shocked Shocked Shocked
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2023, 03:30:59 PM »

Shameful. Reagan and his team are disgusting.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2023, 03:53:32 PM »
« Edited: March 19, 2023, 04:20:10 PM by ηєω ƒяσηтιєя »

Oh and another thing - John Connally was a POS. Traitor to both the Democratic Party and the country.

Trump, Connally and Nixon in 1989. Birds of a feather.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2023, 05:15:45 PM »

Why on Earth would the Clintons still be friends with Kissinger if Nixon and Kissinger did actually sabotage the Paris Talks? ... That's my big flaw with that theory.

If anything, this is further confirmation of your theory? Even by the standards of politics (with all the vice, deceit, and manipulation it involves), the Clintons are a top contender for the most ghoulish political couple of 20th-century America. To borrow from Christopher Hitchens (I recommend watching the whole interview), Bill Clinton in particular can be aptly described as an "unusually ghastly" individual and the textbook case of a complete and utter psychopath.

The likes of Nixon and Kissinger are precisely who you’d expect the Clintons to keep company with.

Utter nonsense.

President Clinton may have been one of the most dishonest politicians about his private life (at least until Donald Trump, George Santos and Andy Ogles came along) but both he and Hillary Clinton are documented to be two of the most honest politicians about their public record, public dealings and public policy.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2023, 05:20:20 PM »

Why on Earth would the Clintons still be friends with Kissinger if Nixon and Kissinger did actually sabotage the Paris Talks? ... That's my big flaw with that theory.

If anything, this is further confirmation of your theory? Even by the standards of politics (with all the vice, deceit, and manipulation it involves), the Clintons are a top contender for the most ghoulish political couple of 20th-century America. To borrow from Christopher Hitchens (I recommend watching the whole interview), Bill Clinton in particular can be aptly described as an "unusually ghastly" individual and the textbook case of a complete and utter psychopath.

The likes of Nixon and Kissinger are precisely who you’d expect the Clintons to keep company with.

Utter nonsense.

President Clinton may have been one of the most dishonest politicians about his private life (at least until Donald Trump, George Santos and Andy Ogles came along) but both he and Hillary Clinton are documented to be two of the most honest politicians about their public record, public dealings and public policy.
I could care less if politicians lie about their personal life. I care more about the job they do.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2023, 05:39:38 PM »

I presume that this story has come out now as Carter is on his deathbed and Barnes wishes him to know before he goes?
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2023, 05:42:19 PM »
« Edited: March 19, 2023, 05:46:46 PM by Benjamin Frank »

Utter nonsense.

I could care less if politicians lie about their personal life. I care more about the job they do.

I'm not sure what Christopher Hitchens' interview specifically is being referred to, but I'd guess it was during the time that he was being his usual bombastic and obnoxious self in defending George W. Bush's illegal invasion of Iraq. I'd don't think Christopher Hitchens should be taken as a credible source on anything, and certainly not when it comes to identifying psychopaths.

South Park mocked the notion that to Americans anybody with a British accent is an intellectual, and certainly if you take away Hitchens' British accent all you're left with is a bombastic and obnoxious person.

ReaganLimbaugh
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2023, 06:04:36 PM »

NCC is right.

Jimmy Carter will get to not only outlive the two men who sabotaged his re-election (Ted Kennedy and Ronald Reagan), he will also get the satisfaction of being totally vindicated in the public eye before his death.

God bless you, Jimmy.

You were too good for us.

Jimmy Carter was a terrible President and a terrible man. Most Americans will never read or hear this account, and if they do they will rightly not believe it.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2023, 07:04:39 PM »

What a joke. Just because the red avatars so badly want this to be true doesn’t make it so.

What a joke to claim a first person narrative of this from someone involved isn't true. Just because blue avatars went so bad for this not to be the case doesn't mean it isn't.

You mean the hostages being released a few minutes after Reagan was sworn in as president wasn't a totally innocent coincidence? Shocked Shocked Shocked

If it was a conspiracy by the Reagan people why would they have them released within an hour of his swearing in? Why make it look so obvious? Why then and not later when Reagan could claim credit for it? Why not right after the election? I just don’t buy it.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2023, 07:05:51 PM »

Amazing how liberals sound like election deniers when its comes to their conspiracy theories .

"It must be totally a coincidence that Biden got 80% of the Mail in Vote in PA"
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2023, 07:19:58 PM »

Utter nonsense.

I'm not sure what Christopher Hitchens' interview specifically is being referred to, but I'd guess it was during the time that he was being his usual bombastic and obnoxious self in defending George W. Bush's illegal invasion of Iraq. I'd don't think Christopher Hitchens should be taken as a credible source on anything, and certainly not when it comes to identifying psychopaths.

South Park mocked the notion that to Americans anybody with a British accent is an intellectual, and certainly if you take away Hitchens' British accent all you're left with is a bombastic and obnoxious person.

1. Broken clock. 

2. Hitchens was largely vindicated with what he said, pretty much until 9/11 which scrambled lots of people up

3. South Park mocked climate change and Al Gore, they're not a more reputable source than Hitchens just because they have Eric Cartman saying strange things.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2023, 07:35:31 PM »
« Edited: March 19, 2023, 07:51:28 PM by Benjamin Frank »

Utter nonsense.

1. Broken clock.  

2. Hitchens was largely vindicated with what he said, pretty much until 9/11 which scrambled lots of people up

3. South Park mocked climate change and Al Gore, they're not a more reputable source than Hitchens just because they have Eric Cartman saying strange things.

1.Nothing that you've said counters that President Clinton was dishonest about his private life but well above the average for a politician for being honest in his public life.

2.I wasn't 'scrambled up' by September 11, and I don't think that's any excuse.
If all your evidence on President Clinton supposedly being a 'psychopath' is an interview from Christopher Hitchens, who shortly after defended an illegal war of choice in which possibly one million people died and promoted fear against Muslims, the best you can maybe say is to use the argument 'it takes one to know one.'

Hitchens' response to September 11, if anything, shows that he would have easily been far more 'ghoulish' as President than either Bill Clinton was or Hillary Clinton would have been, and President Clinton was a far less 'ghastly' President than George W. Bush, whom Hitchens supported. Hitchens was a bombastic and obnoxious ghoul.

3.South Park mocked Al Gore, they never mocked the reality of climate change, they did mock the self righteousness of some people who altered their behavior to address climate change like those who were very public about it.

This same sort of subtle distinction is missed by those who falsely believe that George Carlin was a climate change denier. Carlin did make the comment 'the earth will survive global warming fine' which is or was quoted by the deniers, but they leave out he added after that 'it's the humans on it who won't.'  
Redban

« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2023, 04:06:43 PM »

Lol.

Guy comes out of the closet with info 40+ yrs late, and after practically everyone involved is dead.

How weak was Carter if Iran listen to an opposing candidate instead of POTUS?

And why, if the plan was to make sure hostages were held until after the election, did they wait until the following January to release?

Also, Carter lost the Electoral count 489-49. Lol

Jimmy Carter. Nice guy, that has good intentions. horrible president.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies