Rewatched the 2012 VP debate. Something I like about Biden…
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:28:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Rewatched the 2012 VP debate. Something I like about Biden…
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rewatched the 2012 VP debate. Something I like about Biden…  (Read 325 times)
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 22, 2023, 02:13:34 PM »
« edited: March 22, 2023, 02:21:26 PM by BG-NYC »

He’s pretty combative, speaks pretty plainly/crudely, has generally high charisma, is very confident (a bit arrogant), has a good sense of humor, and doesn’t respect the opposition.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2023, 02:28:40 PM »

The 2012 vice presidential debate was excellent on Biden's part. I remember Obama's first performance being received as medicore and Biden's strong showing gave the Obama campaign fresh air.

Sometimes I wish Biden was still a bit younger today as he doesn't always have such moments anymore and has gotten somewhat slower. That's just usual in his age, albeit the fact that he's still pretty agile and sharp for an 80 year old man.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2023, 02:33:27 PM »

The 2012 vice presidential debate was excellent on Biden's part. I remember Obama's first performance being received as medicore and Biden's strong showing gave the Obama campaign fresh air.

Sometimes I wish Biden was still a bit younger today as he doesn't always have such moments anymore and has gotten somewhat slower. That's just usual in his age, albeit the fact that he's still pretty agile and sharp for an 80 year old man.
I think he’s fine. The dementia stuff is just ageism. Nothing wrong with being older.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2023, 03:06:37 PM »

I  think Biden has become more understanding, empathetic and statesmen like in his old age. He was these things as VP, but more so.

Biden is more kind grandfatherly now. As VP, he was the fun uncle that would walk you to school and beat up any bullies. 
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2023, 03:15:07 PM »
« Edited: March 22, 2023, 11:46:22 PM by Command of what? There's no one here. »

Yeah, that debate was fantastic. President Johnson is remembering correctly that Obama's first debate performance was received poorly--it wasn't even just "mediocre"; it was actively bad and even I and my other strongly anti-Romney friends thought that Romney had clearly won, which was a nasty surprise given that Obama has always been seen as a pretty strong orator--and Biden running rings around Ryan did more to change the air in the campaigns than any other VP debate I can remember.

I think he’s fine. The dementia stuff is just ageism. Nothing wrong with being older.

I have to say, it's refreshing to see this coming from a Trump supporter.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2023, 03:24:43 PM »

2012 Biden was peak Biden. That VP debate was legendary - the real Uncle Joe.

If Biden was still his 2012 self, he would have won in 2020 by an even wider margin.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies