Did Jerry Brown underperform in 2010? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:58:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Did Jerry Brown underperform in 2010? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Did Jerry Brown underperform in 2010?  (Read 1094 times)
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« on: March 25, 2023, 04:20:10 PM »

I've never understood the Lassen County anomaly that year, and it really is quite an anomaly. I've actually asked that question here before and it really hasn't been answered satisfactorily. By that point, it was already one of the most Republican counties in the state (one of only two counties where Bush broke 70% in 2004 and one of only four where McCain broke 60%). Prior to 1980 it was reliably Democratic, like most counties in the region. If you look at the counties in that region that haven't shown any recent Democratic strength though (so, excluding Butte, Nevada, Del Norte, and Trinity), Brown didn't even crack 40% in any of them in 2010. The swing in Lassen was really something by itself.

Xahar showed the swing from 2010 to 2018, but that doesn't show that Lassen had already snapped back in 2014 (it just lurched that much further to the right in 2018, like most rural areas since Trump came on the scene). I could show the swing map, but I want to show the trend map from 2010 to 2014 instead to really show how much Lassen County stands out:

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies