I am going to anger a lot of folks on here, but I have mixed feelings about the indictment (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:25:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  I am going to anger a lot of folks on here, but I have mixed feelings about the indictment (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I am going to anger a lot of folks on here, but I have mixed feelings about the indictment  (Read 1241 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« on: March 18, 2023, 05:12:20 PM »

The “mixed feelings” people like Gerald Ford had in 1974 are in part the reason we’re in this situation today.

Gerald ford sacrificed his re-election chances because he wanted to heal the country

There’s a reason he won a profile in courage award

No, he did it because he was a partisan hack.  Pardoning Nixon was the single worst decision of Ford’s entire Presidency.  All due respect, but the idea that he “healed the country” by pardoning Nixon is a load of BS!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2023, 05:31:45 PM »

The “mixed feelings” people like Gerald Ford had in 1974 are in part the reason we’re in this situation today.

Gerald ford sacrificed his re-election chances because he wanted to heal the country

There’s a reason he won a profile in courage award

No, he did it because he was a partisan hack.  Pardoning Nixon was the single worst decision of Ford’s entire Presidency.  All due respect, but the idea that he “healed the country” by pardoning Nixon is a load of BS!

Also the fact that Ted Kennedy later agreed with that BS narrative makes me roll my eyes. The man really hated Carter more than Nixon.

I mean, Ted Kennedy got away with involuntary manslaughter just because of his last name, so I don’t know why anyone would look to him for moral leadership.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies