I am going to anger a lot of folks on here, but I have mixed feelings about the indictment (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:30:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  I am going to anger a lot of folks on here, but I have mixed feelings about the indictment (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I am going to anger a lot of folks on here, but I have mixed feelings about the indictment  (Read 1283 times)
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« on: March 18, 2023, 12:00:37 PM »

I personally am on the fence.

On the one hand, nobody is above the law.

on the other hand, there is this thing called prudence. This charge will be very hard to prove, and if trump is ultimately acquitted, it would be perhaps the worst thing to happen to the country in a long time. Is it worth the risk of pouring gasoline on our national fire for what amounts to (at best) a misdemeanor/minor felony?

To be clear, trump should face criminal exposure for jan 6th and the georgia stuff.

I just don't know if it is an example of prudence and wisdom to go forward with the stormy daniels stuff.

I am curious if anyone else shares my ambivalence?

I just don't see this ending well. The menace is already on truth social calling for protest. Somebody is going to get hurt.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2023, 05:09:09 PM »

The “mixed feelings” people like Gerald Ford had in 1974 are in part the reason we’re in this situation today.

Gerald ford sacrificed his re-election chances because he wanted to heal the country

There’s a reason he won a profile in courage award
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies