I am going to anger a lot of folks on here, but I have mixed feelings about the indictment (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:22:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  I am going to anger a lot of folks on here, but I have mixed feelings about the indictment (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I am going to anger a lot of folks on here, but I have mixed feelings about the indictment  (Read 1274 times)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« on: March 18, 2023, 03:01:32 PM »

I understand the OP's point, but have a different view. If there's enough evidence, an indictment should happen. If during a trial guilt is proven beyond any reasonable doubt, the person in question should be convicted under law. Whether it's a former or current president or just the craftsman John Smith from next door is irrelevant. Equal justice under the law. You can't let someone off the hook just because they have a certain public following. Politicians, sportpeople, musicians, actors etc. are bound to the same laws and rules than anyone else.

If they want to avoid prison or being sentenced to pay fees, just abide the laws. It's not that hard. A vast majority of people do, including government officials.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies