Donald Trump predicts he will be arrested next Tuesday, Calls for Protests (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:35:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Donald Trump predicts he will be arrested next Tuesday, Calls for Protests (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Donald Trump predicts he will be arrested next Tuesday, Calls for Protests  (Read 3543 times)
oldtimer
Greece

« on: March 18, 2023, 08:56:36 AM »

What's in it for people who would protest? I mean, why should they risk their safety and their lives for a guy who would only be using them for no good reason? How'd that turn out for the Jan 6 crowd?
I think it is misunderstood how much the Jan 6th thing was an average republican voter reaction to incoming democrat, under controversial for them circumstances.

I think that republican voters thought of it as justified under what they believe.
oldtimer
Greece

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2023, 09:44:50 PM »

The thing is these indictments IMO have an underlying political motivation. They're obviously meant to martyr Trump and hand him the GOP nomination because he'll be easy to beat in 2024.
I agree.

But Democrats don't need to do that, Biden is going to win anyway so why do they risk it by adding fuel to the fire.

Someone in authority within the Democrats needs to press the off switch on unnecessary risky moves.
oldtimer
Greece

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2023, 10:01:04 PM »

The thing is these indictments IMO have an underlying political motivation. They're obviously meant to martyr Trump and hand him the GOP nomination because he'll be easy to beat in 2024.
I agree.

But Democrats don't need to do that, Biden is going to win anyway so why do they risk it by adding fuel to the fire.

Someone in authority within the Democrats needs to press the off switch on unnecessary risky moves.

The Manhattan DA is an elected office. No one can tell him what to do.
You wrote it yourself: "The Manhattan DA is an elected office"

Therefore in practice he's a politician that belongs to a party.

So his Party can press the switch if they want to.
oldtimer
Greece

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2023, 10:37:21 PM »

I agree.

The Manhattan DA is an elected office. No one can tell him what to do.
You wrote it yourself: "The Manhattan DA is an elected office"

Therefore in practice he's a politician that belongs to a party.

So his Party can press the switch if they want to.

Shouldn't DAs be accountable to their voters over their party? And besides, it's not like the consequences for this decision can come only from the right. You have to imagine if word got out that a DA could have charged Trump and decided not to only because the DNC told them to, that would be the end of their elected career, full stop.
Practically in Manhattan if an elected Democrat goes against their Party it's the end of their career, not the other way around.

It's one of the few places where it's party first.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies