If Trump is indicted how does it affect his chances in the general? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:13:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  If Trump is indicted how does it affect his chances in the general? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How does a Trump indictment help his chance in the general?
Helps a lot

Helps a little

No effect

Hurts a little

Hurts a lot

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 76

Author Topic: If Trump is indicted how does it affect his chances in the general?  (Read 2273 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« on: March 18, 2023, 12:08:44 PM »

I think an indictment over the Stormy Daniels' payoff actually helps him a little. It's old news and it seems like a reach to make it a significant charge, and it gets the shock-impact of "Trump was indicted" out of the way long before the election.  So, like Barr kneecapping the Mueller Report, it actually helps by lessening the impact of potentially more serious charges relating to document mishandling, Georgia, and his attempted coup.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2023, 12:02:40 AM »

I think an indictment over the Stormy Daniels' payoff actually helps him a little. It's old news and it seems like a reach to make it a significant charge, and it gets the shock-impact of "Trump was indicted" out of the way long before the election.  So, like Barr kneecapping the Mueller Report, it actually helps by lessening the impact of potentially more serious charges relating to document mishandling, Georgia, and his attempted coup.

Replying to myself to add one caveat:

If he flees arrest, it will very likely destroy him. I figured he knew that and would accept what little jail time he might face from arrest as a sort of martyrdom, but the idea of going to jail really seems to have Trump pulling out all the stops, so the chance of him trying to flee is non-zero.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2023, 09:50:39 PM »

Honestly, him getting sidelined for like six weeks when the trial actually happens may be more significant than any reaction to the actual charges. If he gets indicted now, he'd be on trial likely at the end of 2023/start of 2024, at the height of the primaries. Imagine if he can't go to IA/NH/NV/SC because he's stuck in Manhattan at his court appearances every day.

Imagine if a Senate trial for a President was held right before the Iowa caucus to help someone not in the Senate and hurt one or more sitting Senators. Of course that would never happen.

Please enlighten us on how those nefarious Democrats forced Trump to try and blackmail Zelensky in July 2019 to make sure his first impeachment would fall on the Iowa caucuses! Or are you suggesting Trump is a Democratic Deep State plant?

P.S. I find your posts fascinating and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies