If Trump is indicted how does it affect his chances in the general? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 04:18:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  If Trump is indicted how does it affect his chances in the general? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How does a Trump indictment help his chance in the general?
Helps a lot

Helps a little

No effect

Hurts a little

Hurts a lot

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 76

Author Topic: If Trump is indicted how does it affect his chances in the general?  (Read 2286 times)
Spectator
United States

« on: March 20, 2023, 01:46:42 AM »

It’s not changing any minds. People might get more and more tired of his sh**t, and that probably accounts for what I expect to be a 2-3 point swing against him in a rematch. I think part of that swing would include older conservatives aging out of the electorate
Spectator
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2023, 08:40:29 AM »

It’s not changing any minds. People might get more and more tired of his sh**t, and that probably accounts for what I expect to be a 2-3 point swing against him in a rematch. I think part of that swing would include older conservatives aging out of the electorate
On the contrary, Biden has older support, specifically Biden's own age cohort.

Basically those who first voted in 1964 voted by majority for Biden and for Democrats in 2020/22.

It's middle aged people where Republican support currently peaks.

Not wrong on the last part (45-64 year olds being Republicans’ strongest performing group generally), but Trump won the 65+ vote in basically every state in that matters, oftentimes by more than the 45-64 group. As the 65+ ages out of the electorate, you’d expect a slight shift to Biden in a rematch, all else being equal.

https://edition.cnn.com/election/2020/exit-polls/president/pennsylvania
Spectator
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2023, 12:26:37 AM »

Why would you vote for him in the primary?

It’s better than the alternative who is a chameleon that modeled his entire identity on mimicking Trump.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2023, 12:31:25 AM »

It’s better than the alternative who is a chameleon that modeled his entire identity on mimicking Trump.

Really? I don’t see how a Kemp fan would like Trump more than DeSantis while also hating Trump.

I’m neutral on Kemp. Just preference him over Abrams in a binary vacuum. Even considering that, there is world of difference between the way Kemp conducts himself versus DeSantis. Kemp is conservative, but he doesn’t go out of his way to be an obnoxious jackass about whatever supposed “woke” crisis of the day abounds. The faux outrage from DeSantis is beyond old at this point.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2023, 04:35:54 AM »

Really? I don’t see how a Kemp fan would like Trump more than DeSantis while also hating Trump.

I’m neutral on Kemp. Just preference him over Abrams in a binary vacuum. Even considering that, there is world of difference between the way Kemp conducts himself versus DeSantis. Kemp is conservative, but he doesn’t go out of his way to be an obnoxious jackass about whatever supposed “woke” crisis of the day abounds. The faux outrage from DeSantis is beyond old at this point.

DeSantis is an obnoxious jackass but Trump isn’t?

Read the whole chain.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies