If Trump is indicted how does it affect his chances in the general?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:56:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  If Trump is indicted how does it affect his chances in the general?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: How does a Trump indictment help his chance in the general?
Helps a lot

Helps a little

No effect

Hurts a little

Hurts a lot

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 76

Author Topic: If Trump is indicted how does it affect his chances in the general?  (Read 2198 times)
TodayJunior
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2023, 11:52:06 AM »

Biden would win about 400 EVs (TX NC FL IA OH KS? AK?). I don’t follow the logic of how an indictment helps him gain support in any way. The whole martyr schtick only applies to the cult faithful and some “leaners” which is probably no more than 42-43% of the electorate.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2023, 12:01:43 PM »

An indictment on the hush money payments or the classified documents stuff probably doesn't meaningfully impact the general election at this point, though they should still be pursued because of basic rule of law principles. An indictment on the election fraud attempts however, and the trial that would follow, I suspect would hurt him more in the general. An election fraud trial will remind the public every single day of just how irresponsible this man is, and why they voted against him in 2020 and against his preferred candidates in 2022 Senate and gubernatorial elections.
LostInOhio
United States
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2023, 12:36:03 PM »
« Edited: March 19, 2023, 12:41:10 PM by LostInOhio »

Biden would win about 400 EVs (TX NC FL IA OH KS? AK?). I don’t follow the logic of how an indictment helps him gain support in any way. The whole martyr schtick only applies to the cult faithful and some “leaners” which is probably no more than 42-43% of the electorate.

Trump could eat the state of Florida and sh**t them out and they’d still vote for him.
RFK 2024
BasedSanta
Canada

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2023, 01:12:49 PM »

As GA moderate said, it's not changing anyone's minds.  For Trump voters, it's proof that the establishment is out to get him and will arrest him for any little BS reason.  For never Trumpers who weren't going to support him anyway, it's proof he's a criminal who has been breaking the law repeatedly.  The whole indictment thing is just going to further cement peoples existing views.

LoL the female in FL< OH, TX, NC, GA, AZ, SC always put Ds over with blk and Brown Voters how did FDR get elected when he ran with Cox females gained in 1920 the right to vote the RS were Secular before the Industrial revolution and it flipped to DS

It's VBM as my signature says it's slow that's why LA, MS and KY G are out not R leaning it's VBM

Females make minimum wage just like blks but less so but they vote 55/45 D because Min are only 30 percent of population

ok
Redban

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2023, 01:50:41 PM »

FYI -

https://nypost.com/2023/03/19/republicans-back-trump-amid-possible-arrest-by-manhattan-da/

Republicans rally around Trump as they claim Manhattan DA ‘targeting’ ex-president for prosecution
TheFonz
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -6.26

« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2023, 01:52:46 PM »

Zero chance of winning the GE moves to zero chance of winning the GE.
TodayJunior
United States

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2023, 07:41:22 PM »

Trump could eat the state of Florida and sh**t them out and they’d still vote for him.
Emerson had the race tied, so this should make the gop sweat.
EastwoodS

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2023, 07:48:44 PM »

If he’s indicted why exactly is he even allowed to run?
Redban

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2023, 07:50:51 PM »

).  indictment = guilty conviction / plea?

2). Nothing in constitution prohibits an accused (or even a convicted person) from running
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2023, 07:53:59 PM »

He's losing to Biden anyways

EastwoodS

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2023, 07:55:24 PM »

).  indictment = guilty conviction / plea?

2). Nothing in constitution prohibits an accused (or even a convicted person) from running
That’s sad. Whatever he needs to be accused of to get barred from running needs to happen quickly.
I’m getting impatient
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2023, 10:49:01 PM »

Honestly, him getting sidelined for like six weeks when the trial actually happens may be more significant than any reaction to the actual charges. If he gets indicted now, he'd be on trial likely at the end of 2023/start of 2024, at the height of the primaries. Imagine if he can't go to IA/NH/NV/SC because he's stuck in Manhattan at his court appearances every day.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2023, 10:50:51 PM »

Honestly, him getting sidelined for like six weeks when the trial actually happens may be more significant than any reaction to the actual charges. If he gets indicted now, he'd be on trial likely at the end of 2023/start of 2024, at the height of the primaries. Imagine if he can't go to IA/NH/NV/SC because he's stuck in Manhattan at his court appearances every day.
Interesting angle…part of why Mayor Pete did well in Iowa and New Hampshire is because Sanders/Warren/Klobuchar were stuck in the impeachment trials.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2023, 01:46:42 AM »

It’s not changing any minds. People might get more and more tired of his sh**t, and that probably accounts for what I expect to be a 2-3 point swing against him in a rematch. I think part of that swing would include older conservatives aging out of the electorate
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2023, 01:54:09 AM »

It’s not changing any minds. People might get more and more tired of his sh**t, and that probably accounts for what I expect to be a 2-3 point swing against him in a rematch. I think part of that swing would include older conservatives aging out of the electorate

That's one way of saying dying.
oldtimer
Greece

« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2023, 03:20:45 AM »

On the contrary, Biden has older support, specifically Biden's own age cohort.

Basically those who first voted in 1964 voted by majority for Biden and for Democrats in 2020/22.

It's middle aged people where Republican support currently peaks.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2023, 08:40:29 AM »

On the contrary, Biden has older support, specifically Biden's own age cohort.

Basically those who first voted in 1964 voted by majority for Biden and for Democrats in 2020/22.

It's middle aged people where Republican support currently peaks.

Not wrong on the last part (45-64 year olds being Republicans’ strongest performing group generally), but Trump won the 65+ vote in basically every state in that matters, oftentimes by more than the 45-64 group. As the 65+ ages out of the electorate, you’d expect a slight shift to Biden in a rematch, all else being equal.

https://edition.cnn.com/election/2020/exit-polls/president/pennsylvania
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2023, 09:11:36 AM »

I lean towards no effect. But I must say, I am kind of disappointed that this is starting at the state level rather than the federal level.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2023, 09:16:49 AM »

I lean towards no effect. But I must say, I am kind of disappointed that this is starting at the state level rather than the federal level.

Biden has Docugate too at the Fed but he clearly committed a misdemeanor and so did Hillary to deliberately hide classified but Biden is immune from Prosecute and Comey didn't go after Hillary whom also committed a Misdemeanor, and Trump committed felonies, that's why it hasn't began at the Fed level they are proving both Biden and Trump one is a Misdemeanor and one is a felony
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2023, 03:22:12 PM »

Conviction hurts, acquittal helps. Not sure about pending result.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2023, 03:25:35 PM »

Imagine if a Senate trial for a President was held right before the Iowa caucus to help someone not in the Senate and hurt one or more sitting Senators. Of course that would never happen.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2023, 09:50:39 PM »

Imagine if a Senate trial for a President was held right before the Iowa caucus to help someone not in the Senate and hurt one or more sitting Senators. Of course that would never happen.

Please enlighten us on how those nefarious Democrats forced Trump to try and blackmail Zelensky in July 2019 to make sure his first impeachment would fall on the Iowa caucuses! Or are you suggesting Trump is a Democratic Deep State plant?

P.S. I find your posts fascinating and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2023, 10:31:10 PM »

Why would you vote for him in the primary?
Spectator
United States

« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2023, 12:26:37 AM »

It’s better than the alternative who is a chameleon that modeled his entire identity on mimicking Trump.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2023, 12:33:41 AM »

It’s better than the alternative who is a chameleon that modeled his entire identity on mimicking Trump.

Really? I don’t see how a Kemp fan would like Trump more than DeSantis while also hating Trump.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies