Most widely hated countries on earth (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 15, 2024, 11:04:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Most widely hated countries on earth (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Most widely hated countries on earth  (Read 2053 times)
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: March 23, 2023, 02:18:20 PM »

I don't think that anyone hates Saudi Arabia.

what
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2023, 04:44:47 PM »

That so obviously screams "*I* don't hate them" even more loudly than such claims normally do.

Yeah, and importantly, a lot of Saudis hate Saudi Arabia, hence the violent and widespread repression of any protest or more muted criticism and the increasingly large Saudi diaspora (many of them political exiles, many of them young women fleeing their families, many others simply recognizing that there’s nothing good for them there).

Note that the Saudi government punishes people by preventing them from leaving. They tried to do this in the early 90s with Osama bin Laden by taking his passport but a sympathetic prince helped smuggle him out after which he went to Pakistan, then Sudan for several years (during which time the Saudis revoked his citizenship altogether) before Sudan, under pressure from the US and Saudi governments, forced him to leave in 1996, after which he finally relocated to Afghanistan and bought protection from the Taliban. Bin Laden, for his part, increasingly referred to the Kingdom as “the Arabian Peninsula” or “the Land of the Holy Places” which had been corrupted by sleazy US-supported autocrats (which, show me the lie).

Basically almost everyone has a reason to hate Saudi Arabia, lol.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies