Confirmation Hearing: Razze for VP (Approved)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:23:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Confirmation Hearing: Razze for VP (Approved)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Confirmation Hearing: Razze for VP (Approved)  (Read 1255 times)
Pericles
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2023, 06:41:08 PM »

This delay is getting ridiculous, we need a Vice President.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2023, 06:56:41 PM »

This delay is getting ridiculous, we need a Vice President.

OK, I am posting my questions now. I apologize for the tremendous one hour wait my colleagues had to withstand (although some members of this chamber just ignore questions when they so please).

Razze,

1. If President Tack runs for re-election, do you think you will be his running mate?

2. Do you believe that most members of your party support continuing an electoral pact with Labor?

3. What party do you believe Peace's natural partner is, if any?

4. Why do you think prominent members of your party broke with Labor and do you think you can be an effective representative of the elected Peace Vice President, Laki, as a result?

5. Should Peace be independent, determining cooperation on a case by case basis, or instead work with one party primarily?

6. Have you been recently active in elected or appointed office? Why or why not? I may have a follow-up or two to this question depending on the answer.

I think these are important questions since the nominee has stressed his ability to represent Atlasians fairly across the party spectrum.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2023, 09:43:07 PM »

1. If President Tack runs for re-election, do you think you will be his running mate?

2. Do you believe that most members of your party support continuing an electoral pact with Labor?

3. What party do you believe Peace's natural partner is, if any?

4. Why do you think prominent members of your party broke with Labor and do you think you can be an effective representative of the elected Peace Vice President, Laki, as a result?

5. Should Peace be independent, determining cooperation on a case by case basis, or instead work with one party primarily?

6. Have you been recently active in elected or appointed office? Why or why not? I may have a follow-up or two to this question depending on the answer.

I think these are important questions since the nominee has stressed his ability to represent Atlasians fairly across the party spectrum.
1. I don't plan on running for vice president in the June election, nor did I (or do I) expect that I would be nominated for VP by a political party, like a VP candidate traditionally should be/would be.

2. As much as I would hate to put too-fine-a-point on current events, I do want to answer your question honestly. So allow me to enter Fantasy Elections political analyst mode. Most members of my party are not active participants in Atlasian politics, and frankly I doubt most of them have even heard about the recent drama over the Feb '23 electoral pact and its consequences. Not realizing the current context that you are alluding to with your question, therefore, I believe most members would end up preferring to ally with the left-wing Labor Party over the right-wing Federalist Party, primarily because that's all they've ever heard of us doing. Currently, the party is in a state of transition where it may be turning into a non-ideological party mostly concerned with transparency, pragmatism, and maybe even anti-Discordism (one can only hope); seeing this, you sees why so many active Peace Party members would probably not support continuing an electoral pact with Labor. As a former member, senator, I'm sure you are watching developments with as much interest as I am!

3. I have to assume the premise of this question is similar to question #2, and the ongoing fight over partisanship. Obviously, Peace worked with the Labor Party for most of our history, since we used to align ourselves openly by ideology and "good team" vs. "bad team," "FF" vs. "HP," etc. (depending on whose side you were on) dynamics. This was very normal with Labor, Feds, Pax, ACP, the lot; we all had fun doing it. As I said before, we are in a transitional state where our "natural" partner may turn out to be Labor, Feds, DA, or even the Poirot Liberals. Watching developments closely.

4. I don't want to speak for other people's motivations. I think I can be an effective representative of our duly elected Vice Preisdent-elect Lakigigar because he and I have trust. On the political side, I respect that he was lawfully chosen as the leader of my political faction; constitutionally, I honor his status as the intended #2 of my new potential boss, Tack50; and personally, I believe he and I can be honest with each other on matters of state.

5. Sure, I guess. I'm not planning on running for chairman of Peace, nor do I want to tell our members how to think or act.

6. No, I haven't been. I retired in 2021 when the new Constitution was enacted and figured I might come back eventually if I felt I could do something. Then Feb 2023 came around and everyone started fighting, so I thought it was high time to come on down and play a cool game with some online friends again help rebuild trust in our political institutions.

Thank you for your questions!
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2023, 07:28:42 AM »

24 hours to object to the final vote motion.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2023, 05:17:05 PM »

A final vote is now open lasting until midnight sunday eastern. Please vote Aye, Nay, or Abstain.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2023, 05:21:11 PM »

Aye
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2023, 05:39:52 PM »

Aye
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2023, 05:40:29 PM »

I'm a bit bitter about the circumstances that led to this appointment, so I can't vote in favor, but I can't really vote against either, as we do need a Vice President eventually.

Abstain.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2023, 05:42:13 PM »

Aye
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2023, 06:49:35 PM »

Nay
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2023, 08:23:34 PM »

Aye
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2023, 07:37:40 AM »

Aye
nerd73
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -7.83

« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2023, 03:28:56 PM »

Aye
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2023, 12:10:43 PM »

Aye
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2023, 03:13:17 PM »

Aye
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2023, 05:25:54 PM »

Aye. Razze's responses to my questions were appreciated, and thoughtful, and changed my mind about this nomination.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2023, 11:02:25 AM »

Thank you senators!! I am honored. I will wait for the PPT to confirm the result of this vote before I swear in officially.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2023, 12:09:35 PM »

Aye

By a vote of 10-1-1-6 Razzes appointment is confirmed. Congratulations Mr. Vice President.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2023, 01:06:16 PM »

Congratulations to my longtime friend Razze on his confirmation!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2023, 11:54:43 AM »

Aye FTR
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies