When will Florida next elect a Democrat as Governor?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:30:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  When will Florida next elect a Democrat as Governor?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: When will Florida next elect a Democrat as Governor?  (Read 2029 times)
Spectator
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2023, 12:58:52 PM »

My hot take is we’ll see a Democrat Governor of Nebraska before we see the next Democrat Governor of Florida.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2023, 01:20:04 PM »

My hot take is we’ll see a Democrat Governor of Nebraska before we see the next Democrat Governor of Florida.

Emerson just polled FL and Biden is only 3 pts behind like he was in 20 not 20 pts Nikki Fried is rebuild the party moreso in TX I entered the poll in 24 for a reason
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2023, 04:40:06 PM »

Florida is going to become a safe R state and New York a D+10 state instead of D+30
FloridaMan1845
Rookie
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2023, 04:41:30 PM »

Emerson just polled FL and Biden is only 3 pts behind like he was in 20 not 20 pts Nikki Fried is rebuild the party moreso in TX I entered the poll in 24 for a reason
Nikki Fried is a joke of a party chair, and FL would’ve continued trending right for like 3 more years. Safe R Florida, anything else is cope. Get out of 2018 pls.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2023, 04:53:53 PM »

Nikki Fried is a joke of a party chair, and FL would’ve continued trending right for like 3 more years. Safe R Florida, anything else is cope. Get out of 2018 pls.
Florida Republicans also outnumber Florida Democrats by 436,000+ Voters according to Numbers releases by the Florida Divisions of Elections. The Democratic lead in Voter-Rich Miami-Dade County is down to 109,000+.
Even Donald Trump, if he is the Nominee, would carry Florida.
And DeSantis or Haley would carry the State in a walk.

The Democrats in Florida have no bench. My gut feel is that the next Governor in Florida after DeSantis will be a Republican Female: Likely Attorney General Ashley Moody or Lt. Governor Jeanette Nunez.

When I consistently posted the changing Voter Registrations in 2021 & 2022 I was laughed at. People were attacking me that I am hyperbolic, etc.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2023, 05:12:45 PM »

It's called split voting just like WI split it's votes between an R state legislature and a D G and RS for 22 Baldwin beat Tommy Thompson and Rs had a super majority in 2012 in the R state legislature MI and PA also have R state legislature and vote D for Prez until Now PA and MI are going D as well as WI

McCaskill, Tester, Manchin, Brown and Strickland all won 2006/2018 with R state legislature

MT, OH, MO and FL gets us 51 seats after WV is gone Emerson has it +3 DeSantis he isn't 20 pts ahead Miami is trending D just like OH is trending D we aren't gonna face from now on DeWine, Kasich, Portman or Vonocich on the ballot which benefits Brown, DeWine won OH for Vance by 6 because DeWine won by 25 , FL and OH are never again gonna vote 20 pts R

Users forget it's a thing called voting for an R Legislatures and voting for a DG or S it happens in WI, MI, PA all the time 2012 it happened in MO, OH, WVA and MT and Rs have a supermajority in KY Legislatures and Beshear is fav
Perlen vor den Schweinen
kongress
United States

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2023, 05:14:35 PM »

Never as long as the FL GOP junta remains untouched by the federal government. FL GOP loves to rag on Cuba, but that's just sour 🍇 grapes and projection. Huge amounts of fraud, thought police, etc raging throughout FL right now.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2023, 05:17:00 PM »

Never as long as the FL GOP junta remains untouched by the federal government. FL GOP loves to rag on Cuba, but that's just sour 🍇 grapes and projection. Huge amounts of fraud, thought police, etc raging throughout FL right now.

Emerson has Biden down 3 not 20 if we win FL Miami is trending D not R Nikki Fried will be Gov in 26

Wait for a Listener poll it had Crist up 53/47 before IAN

Users take one Eday and apply it every Eday if D's lose by 20 again it's not in play you have to wait 2 cycles just like Brown isn't Doomed because Ryan lost, wait 2 consecutive Eday cycles in a row Hillary and Biden and Corday lost by 3 the same as Emerson has Biden down now
Ron DeSantis enthusiast
FranciscoM97

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2023, 01:30:58 AM »

Some day, but anywhere soon
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2023, 02:24:08 AM »
« Edited: March 21, 2023, 02:31:04 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

As I said we have to win FL first and Miami as of now is trending D not yet the whole state

She won't have unlimited power as I said like Crist or if Gillum had won she would be checked like Beshear, Cooper, Presley or Shawn Wilson by a super R state legislature which means more money for education no raising taxes but only Matt Boswell will vote in fav or raising taxes on rich SSA is going broke in 9 yrs
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2023, 08:18:59 AM »

Probably not until at least the mid-2030s.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2023, 08:53:47 AM »
« Edited: March 21, 2023, 09:10:22 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Probably not until at least the mid-2030s.

LoL you and Icespear said Bevin 2019 as I said before R control state legislature states can elected a DG or S all the time it happens in MI, PA and WI we are winning KY G because Andy Beshear works well with RS on education once DeSantis loses in 24 he won't be a factor and Nikki Fried if Biden win FL and he is only 3 not 20 pts because Miami will be the star that's why FL, MT, OH and MO can be upsets because McCaskill, Brown, Tester and Manchin won with R state legislature 2006/2012 McCaskill win with MO R state legislature and D's never had control of OH state legislature since Brown and he continues to win it's called blue wave

Obviously Act blue isn't telling us to donate to Sinema and Manchin but MO, FL, OH and MT and blue states

It depends on how much we win Miami bye 10/20 Rs aren't winning Miami Rubio was a special case with Miami Cubans
Duke of York

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2023, 11:08:20 AM »

If Gillum picked a better running mate and didn't waste so much time campaigning in ruby red areas he probably would have won.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2023, 11:15:53 AM »

If Gillum picked a better running mate and didn't waste so much time campaigning in ruby red areas he probably would have won.

He had a Scandal too
Duke of York

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2023, 11:16:37 AM »

He had a Scandal too

a minor one I doubt the average person cared about.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2023, 01:49:26 PM »

He had a Scandal too

a minor one I doubt the average person cared about.

What? This is clearly wrong. It was a huge part of the election! Especially when new revelations confirming the FBI involvement and refuting Gillum's denials dropped right in the middle of early voting two weeks before election day. It was always a big story but after that it took up most of the local news coverage of the election all the way through the vote. Most Floridians can't name the incumbent Lt. Governor; it is much more likely the widely publicized corruption scandal sank Gillum rather than the choice of which unknown running mate he went with or the location of whichever hundred voters he chose to meet on any given day.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2023, 05:58:49 PM »

Never, seriously.

2018 was the only chance.
President of the civil service full of trans activists
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2023, 06:03:32 PM »

Junior Chimp

« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2023, 06:37:48 PM »
« Edited: March 21, 2023, 06:47:24 PM by 2016 »

Florida is the most pro business, pro family State in America. Now, libtards please shut up with your DeSantis' Attacks

https://www.newsweek.com/top-10-florida-policies-other-states-should-emulate-opinion-1785868

MAN, I love Florida!!!
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2023, 09:29:38 PM »

It'll sink into the ocean first, put it that way.
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2023, 09:45:08 PM »

sooner than people here predict.
TwinGeeks99
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2023, 09:59:01 PM »

Considering their track record in the last 25 years and the way DeSantis has transformed the state demographically, probably by 2050 and that's being generous.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2023, 09:59:19 PM »
« Edited: March 21, 2023, 10:02:23 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Spectator thinks Cruz will lose before Scott he was wrong Biden has campaigned in FL Jax mayor is about to go D and Biden is down by 3we. Just have opinions no one knows how an Eday turns out that's why I make wave maps we don't know what's gonna happen on Eday

I posted the Emerson poll myself
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2023, 10:00:48 PM »

Considering their track record in the last 25 years and the way DeSantis has transformed the state demographically, probably by 2050 and that's being generous.

LoL Emerson poll has Biden down 3 it was Hurricane IAN and Rubio that won the state for him, plse stop it with this 2050 stuff you are giving your opinion not facts

Just like RS on the 24 board give their opinion that RS are gonna win in 24 and they lost the blue wall in 22 there is higher D turnout in a Prez Eday
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2023, 11:10:01 PM »
« Edited: March 21, 2023, 11:14:50 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Florida is the most pro business, pro family State in America. Now, libtards please shut up with your DeSantis' Attacks

https://www.newsweek.com/top-10-florida-policies-other-states-should-emulate-opinion-1785868

MAN, I love Florida!!!

Yea RS tax cuts for the rich and cut food stamps the extra stimulus 95.00 and Trump Judges blocking Student loan relief and FL has a homeless crisis just like NY, IL, CA Post Pandemic and he is losing to Biden in the QU poll you posted it's 65M poor people everyone isn't wealthy go to CA and see how many homeless people it's homelessness in IL in my old neighborhood

RS think everything is solved because unemployment is 4% it's high gas prices and inflation and the rents are out of control

Geeze Many of us poor people can't afford a 50K Law school like DeSantis went to we have to go online to a 10K school because Trump judges blocked Student loans Forgiveness

It's very hard to get into Grad school you have to pass an interview and a screening process unlike Undergrad there is no interview alot of users don't know that they think Grad School is like Undergrad you get in based on grades it's not

Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies