Gavin Newsom almost overtakes DeSantis according to predictit
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:01:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Gavin Newsom almost overtakes DeSantis according to predictit
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gavin Newsom almost overtakes DeSantis according to predictit  (Read 359 times)
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 03, 2023, 10:25:46 AM »

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/7456/Who-will-win-the-2024-US-presidential-election

Lmao
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2023, 10:27:43 AM »

Seems realistic. Both rely on the front-runner being incapacitated, which seems marginally likelier for Biden than Trump.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2023, 10:40:01 AM »

Means just about nothing considering Newsom is well above Harris. If Joe Biden is not the Democratic nominee in 2024, the only other person on the planet that would replace him is Kamala Harris.

Still though, everyone point and laugh at Meatball Ron's failed campaign.
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2023, 11:34:46 AM »

Probably has more to do with DeSantis' collapse than a Newsom rise.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2023, 12:05:29 PM »

He already said he isn't running against Biden and Harris is gonna be the nominee with Wes Moore in 28
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2023, 12:13:25 PM »

The GOP types on PredictIt are obsessed with the idea Dems are doing a bait and switch and that Biden will withdraw at the last minute before the primaries to allow someone else to be coronated, and they suspect it's Newsom.

This is such a bizarrely paranoid view of this and it's worth noting it's NEVER worked this way. But the GOP conspiracy types firmly believe that Biden will step aside in like October/November of this year.

Feel free to take their money but the really good deals are already taken (by me, among others). As late as April Biden was under 50% to win the Dem Nomination.
LostInOhio
United States
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2023, 12:42:32 PM »

I’m not even so sure that Newsom would win a Democratic primary. He’s a pretty good politician in the sense that he’s very good on TV and quite slick, but I don’t think he’d really excite the base in the way that he’d need to in order to snag the nomination.

As I’ve said before, the next Democratic nominee is almost certainly going to be a younger POC and/or a woman.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2023, 08:48:16 AM »

As much as I'm a Biden stan, a Newsom vs. DeSantis matchup would be pretty exciting. Basically the Califorrnia story vs. the Florida story. Seeing how Newsom destroyed Hannity and countered Republican talkingpoints lately, I'd be optimistic the Gavinator would actually end up winning.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2023, 09:13:24 AM »
« Edited: July 04, 2023, 09:21:41 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

We aren't Biden or Newsom fans we are supporters of the D party and Newsom and Biden are both DLC Ds Newsom said he won't sign an Executive order on CA reparations he is losing to Harris in primary polls

This is obviously for 28 not 24

But, of course blacks want Biden they see Trump is a criminal and he hasn't been put in Jail yet because he is Caucasian

If Obama and Michelle mounted an insurrection when Trump beat Hillary thrown in jail

When I say a New party label fan not with Manchin but with RFK I haven't donated to any New Party Labels but continue to Donate to Ds , do you know Biden and Newsom are just as DLC as Manchin Biden during Clinton admin in S supported the Filibuster they blocked Rs Obamacare

If Trump is Sentence to jail this same 6/3 R CRT will Automatically stay any jail time with Kavanaugh. aCB and Neil Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and ACB are moderate but not Blackmun or Souter they are McCain or Nixon Moderates just like Byrd was a Jefferson blue dog but became a Moderate D like BIDEN

Roberts is obviously a compassionate Conserv but he is siding with the Conserv majority that's why we need a 6/5 CRT not 7/6 CRT because Roberts is still a swing judge
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies