Confirmation Hearing: Razze for VP (Approved) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:57:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Confirmation Hearing: Razze for VP (Approved) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Confirmation Hearing: Razze for VP (Approved)  (Read 1281 times)
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 18, 2023, 08:13:43 PM »

Thank you, Razze, for providing this opening statement. It is appreciated that you have already touched on your tenure as Dean and Speaker of the House.

In the interest of public debate and to promote a fair hearing, I would like to put forward a question.  As you know, the current makeup of the Senate reflects a concerning degree of divisiveness. It is entirely possible that your role as President of the Senate will be highly significant should we face tied votes on legislation. Could you please speak to your experience as a consequential decision-maker in Congress, or in any other professional role, and how you can best ensure that factionalism and party affiliation will not play a role in your duties as VP?
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2023, 01:34:54 PM »

Thank you, Razze, for providing this opening statement. It is appreciated that you have already touched on your tenure as Dean and Speaker of the House.

In the interest of public debate and to promote a fair hearing, I would like to put forward a question.  As you know, the current makeup of the Senate reflects a concerning degree of divisiveness. It is entirely possible that your role as President of the Senate will be highly significant should we face tied votes on legislation. Could you please speak to your experience as a consequential decision-maker in Congress, or in any other professional role, and how you can best ensure that factionalism and party affiliation will not play a role in your duties as VP?

Thank you for your question. I don't think the appearance of division needs to be a self-fulfilling prophecy. Following the acrimony of last month, I think we should all actually be grateful that we are faced with a nearly equally divided Congress – the people of Atlasia have decided that we, the politicians, should be forced to work together harmoniously despite our personal issues. This is for the greater good of the country we all serve (read: game we all play).

You all know that I hold strong opinions. Each of you, especially the ones who have had disagreements with me in the past, should remember that I am honest about those feelings. I don't plan on getting on my soapbox every week to talk about the issues of the day like I once did, but you can be sure that if I'm asked, you'll get an honest answer. I am an independent voice, and in the case of a tie, I will vote with my own personal beliefs in mind, not for the purposes of promoting "my team," or to win political points against the "other team."

Thank you for this response. Much appreciated.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2023, 05:20:20 PM »

I believe Razze has sufficiently answered all questions put forward. I motion for a final vote.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2023, 05:45:22 PM »

I believe Razze has sufficiently answered all questions put forward. I motion for a final vote.

I object.

Razze has only received questions from 2 Senators, right?

As Poirot and windjammer have said before, we should give anything before the Senate its due diligence before we head to a vote.

I have a few more questions for the nominee, as well, which I would like answered before we head to a final vote.

This discussion has been open for senators to contribute with comments and questions for seven full days, and Razze's opening statement has been on the floor for six full days. The most recent hearings, those being the confirmation of Lumine for GM, Scott for Secretary of State, and the 3-in-1 WB, Forumlurker, and NYE for GM Team, each had markedly shorter discussion periods than this. If you oppose this VP confirmation, that is your prerogative, but it's past time we vote on filling this position which has stood vacant for far too long.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2023, 05:51:59 PM »

Also, what happened to your 3-5 days without debate (or questions, in this case) rule, Senator Pyro? You again motioned for a vote one day after questions were last made.

Do not take my words out of context.
The purpose of this confirmation hearing is to fill a vital administrative position that has remained vacant for almost 3 weeks, a matter which you do not seem to treat with any degree of urgency.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2023, 05:42:13 PM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies