What is causing Florida to become a red state? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:13:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  What is causing Florida to become a red state? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is causing Florida to become a red state?  (Read 1885 times)
ReaganLimbaugh
« on: June 04, 2023, 04:10:49 PM »

I can't believe I am agreeing with a RINO but the below is totally accuate.

You cannot just chalk this up to Boomers, quite obviously ... largely Republican retirees have been heading to Florida for years, including during the span where Obama won it twice.  Florida has become an absolute mecca for Republicans - especially of middle to upper-middle class - who are sick of living in a blue state (either due to high taxes, high crime or annoyance at "woke culture" or whatever) but don't want to live in a "boring state" (WV may be red, but that doesn't make it more enticing to a Republican looking to move out of California/Illinois/New Jersey).

I think people really forget how many Republicans - even Trump voters - there still are in now-blue suburbs of super blue states.  As an anecdotal example, I have met at least as many right wingers from the wealthy NYC suburbs in NJ and CT as I have Democrats.  There are literally millions of these people, and post-COVID a lot of have decided to move.  Florida is a dynamic and growing state with warm weather, a wealthy economy, all different types of communities, low taxes and a governor who has made a name for himself by condemning excessive wokeness.  It's a Republican magnet right now.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies