Shuala (Pieman)/BG-NY vs. ER/OSR
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:21:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Shuala (Pieman)/BG-NY vs. ER/OSR
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who would you vote for?
Shuala (D/leaning)

Shuala (R/leaning)

ER (R/leaning)

ER(D/leaning)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: Shuala (Pieman)/BG-NY vs. ER/OSR  (Read 1973 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2023, 02:30:08 PM »

Red avvie logic - "well, he'd probably round up the gays and throw them into camps but at least we'd get a new pupusa restaurant!"

Pupusas?

My point is red avvies think intense homophobia and a worldview that would fit in well in Ugandan megachurches is less of a deal breaker than strict immigration policies. Disgusting but not surprising.

Gay Marriage is constitutionally protected and it would take a Piece of legislation to get ER’s abortion law passed meaning you would need 60 votes for it . On the other hand Shaula’s immigration policies can be implemented with a stroke of a pen .

Also keep in mind that ER is very much a traditional conservative in how he values the constitution and institutions as well
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2023, 02:32:10 PM »

Red avvie logic - "well, he'd probably round up the gays and throw them into camps but at least we'd get a new pupusa restaurant!"

Pupusas?

My point is red avvies think intense homophobia and a worldview that would fit in well in Ugandan megachurches is less of a deal breaker than strict immigration policies. Disgusting but not surprising.

Gay Marriage is constitutionally protected and it would take a Piece of legislation to get ER’s abortion law passed meaning you would need 60 votes for it . On the other hand Shaula’s immigration policies can be implemented with a stroke of a pen .

Also keep in mind that ER is very much a traditional conservative in how he values the constitution and institutions as well

He couldn't go after ssm but he absolutely could and would promote conversion therapy and implement a quite literal Don't Say Gay law that would make Ron DeSantis look like Ritchie Torres.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2023, 06:38:25 AM »

I'm surprised I'm doing better with democrats than republicans, since he would be more beloved on MSNBC while I could be a frequent guest on Tucker lol
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2023, 06:51:39 AM »

I honestly don't know.

I could never vote for ER. I could never vote for Piegirl.

If I had to vote for OSR or BG-NY, I feel like I would lean towards OSR. BG-NY has some policies that I like better than OSR, but he has some other policies that are IMO even worse than OSR. At least with OSR, I know what I'm getting and I strongly dislike it, but I trust him not to burn the country to the ground.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2023, 07:28:33 AM »

I honestly don't know.

If I had to vote for OSR or BG-NY, I feel like I would lean towards OSR. BG-NY has some policies that I like better than OSR, but he has some other policies that are IMO even worse than OSR. At least with OSR, I know what I'm getting and I strongly dislike it, but I trust him not to burn the country to the ground.
Im much closer to you on most issues compared to ER. I'm surprised you wouldn't vote for me to keep him out of office.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2023, 12:18:58 PM »

I honestly don't know.

Well, I would probably moderate my positions rhetorically in order to get elected. I actually think the platform I'd run on would be broadly popular, though it would be hard to get out of a GOP primary.

Also, I would not take backseat to anybody on a ticket -- no offense to Shaula/Piegirl -- would have to be president or a cabinet position.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2023, 04:35:01 PM »

Pupusas?

"We shouldn't have accepted Jewish refugees in 1940's nazi germany" seems like a bit more than "strict immigration policies". And ER's positions are a lot less extreme than you seem to think as well.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2023, 11:36:22 AM »
« Edited: March 29, 2023, 11:45:24 AM by Horus »

Pupusas?

"We shouldn't have accepted Jewish refugees in 1940's nazi germany" seems like a bit more than "strict immigration policies". And ER's positions are a lot less extreme than you seem to think as well.

lol, sure they are. The dude has like a +9 on both social and econ scores. He's a far right ideologue who would have no issue whatsoever hooking you up to shock therapy if it were legal.

But let's say that in this bizarro world you've crafted, ER isn't an extreme right wing bigot on LGBT rights. He is still anti abortion in ALL circumstances. He still wants mandatory prayer in schools. He still wants church and state to merge. Other than immigration, Shaula and BG are pretty standard social liberals. More to the point, unlike ER (and OSR), they are not Reaganite conservatives who would gleefully take healthcare away from the needy and destroy unions.

It seems a borderless world is the only issue that matters to you, and you would have no problem throwing the LGBT community, women who need abortions, and the poor under the bus because of your open borders fetish.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2023, 12:30:19 PM »

Pupusas?

lol, sure they are. The dude has like a +9 on both social and econ scores. He's a far right ideologue who would have no issue whatsoever hooking you up to shock therapy if it were legal.

But let's say that in this bizarro world you've crafted, ER isn't an extreme right wing bigot on LGBT rights. He is still anti abortion in ALL circumstances. He still wants mandatory prayer in schools. He still wants church and state to merge. Other than immigration, Shaula and BG are pretty standard social liberals. More to the point, unlike ER (and OSR), they are not Reaganite conservatives who would gleefully take healthcare away from the needy and destroy unions.
Shaula is a complete isolationist "populist" child who seems to be guided by weird impulses and intuitions that would lead to her doing absurd s**t that would wreck the country far worse than anything ER would be able to do. The rest of the world matters, both from a self-interest perspective and a "not letting in Jewish refugees during the holocaust is bad" perspective. ER has a head on his shoulders and an ounce of sanity. He's awful, yes, but he isn't going to blow up the country on some populist whim.
It seems a borderless world is the only issue that matters to you, and you would have no problem throwing the LGBT community, women who need abortions, and the poor under the bus because of your open borders fetish.
Imagine thinking "I don't want someone openly states that she'd turn away Jewish refugees fleeing the holocaust" is equivalent to only caring about open borders.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2023, 03:34:59 PM »
« Edited: March 29, 2023, 03:42:54 PM by Horus »

Pupusas?

Shaula is a complete isolationist "populist" child who seems to be guided by weird impulses and intuitions that would lead to her doing absurd s**t that would wreck the country far worse than anything ER would be able to do. The rest of the world matters, both from a self-interest perspective and a "not letting in Jewish refugees during the holocaust is bad" perspective. ER has a head on his shoulders and an ounce of sanity. He's awful, yes, but he isn't going to blow up the country on some populist whim.
Imagine thinking "I don't want someone openly states that she'd turn away Jewish refugees fleeing the holocaust" is equivalent to only caring about open borders.

So far as I can tell, immigration is the only issue you're closer to ER on. So it seems like a desire for open borders (something you have stated in a "most controversial opinions" thread that you support)  is the only factor at play here. "Populism" has no actual definition so I do not for one second believe that's your real objection.

Honestly I'd take a centrist loose cannon over a virulent, conversion therapy supporting, anti social safety net theocratic wacko any day of the week. No one who holds views such as his has their head on their shoulders. Bigots by definition do not have their head on their shoulders. But apparently I'm in the minority on that.

And sure, other people in the world matter. But I don't care about people in other countries as much as I care about people in my own country. There is nothing wrong with that.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2023, 05:16:01 PM »

So far as I can tell, immigration is the only issue you're closer to ER on. So it seems like a desire for open borders (something you have stated in a "most controversial opinions" thread that you support)  is the only factor at play here. "Populism" has no actual definition so I do not for one second believe that's your real objection.

Honestly I'd take a centrist loose cannon over a virulent, conversion therapy supporting, anti social safety net theocratic wacko any day of the week. No one who holds views such as his has their head on their shoulders. Bigots by definition do not have their head on their shoulders. But apparently I'm in the minority on that.

And sure, other people in the world matter. But I don't care about people in other countries as much as I care about people in my own country. There is nothing wrong with that.
I will never understand this. People are willing to allow anything to happen to vulnerable Americans to prioritize the needs of foreigners in whicheverstan.
Pink Panther

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2023, 10:10:36 AM »

If I was forced to choose at gunpoint, I would vote for ER and hope Congress would place a check on him. People are desperately forgetting leadership and competency are vital attributes for the Presidency, and I infinitely trust ER on this front than Shuala, even if they have plenty of time to mature.
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2023, 11:23:53 PM »

ER/OSR any way of the week.
Archon
Rookie
Sweden

« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2023, 08:24:43 PM »

ER
UlmerFudd
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.17

« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2023, 12:34:26 AM »

ER/OSR
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2023, 09:04:33 PM »

I would genuinely consider join a resistance movement to overthrow the government if either of them won the election.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies