2020: John Kasich vs Hillary Clinton
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:33:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  2020: John Kasich vs Hillary Clinton
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020: John Kasich vs Hillary Clinton  (Read 693 times)
BigVic
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 07, 2023, 08:12:42 PM »

Hillary wins 278-260 in 2016 and faces off against Moderate Hero John Kasich in 2020.

Who wins? Discuss with maps
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2023, 10:08:04 AM »

I think Covid would have given HRC a bump throughout the first half of the year, but things slowly begun to slip away before Dems finally run out of luck. Especially as HRC has little achievements due to large R-majorities in congress that blocked her agenda.

✓ Former Governor John Kasich (R-OH)/Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL): 294 EVs.; 50.0%
President Hillary Clinton (D-NY)/Vice President Tim Kaine (D-VA): 244 EVs.; 48.7%
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2023, 03:18:07 PM »

I doubt Kasich would have won the nomination in 2020 after Trump loses in 2016, especially after such a narrow Clinton victory. However, due to Democratoc fatigue and Kasich appealing to wide range of voters, I think he gets elected in a resounding victory.

✓ Former Governor John R. Kasich (R-OH)/Senator Timothy E. Scott (R-SC): 316 EV. (50.84%)
President Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-NY)/Vice President Timothy M. Kaine (D-VA): 222 EV. (47.55%)
TocoToco
Ozot
Barbados
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2023, 10:02:32 PM »

I think Kasich probably picks a generic Moderate Republican to be his vice,one that is not particularly leaning towards the Trump-Influenced wing of the party that is still there.

Anyways,I think Kasich beats Hillary 284-254,with Kasich taking New Hampshire by the smallest of margins,with Wisconsin,Pennsylvania and Nevada being just as close.Hillary's flailing approval ratings are bumped by her tending of the pandemic but Kasich still manages to win.4 Consecutive Democratic terns is just too much for modern Americans,much less 2 Hillary terms.

New Hampshire, could honestly go either way tbh.
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2023, 10:44:15 AM »

Now wether or not Kasich actually wins the nomination is a whole other debate on its own, but if he did:

Assuming Clinton won the 278–260 map in 2016, and COVID's still a thing, Kasich flips WI, PA, MI, NV, MN, NH and ME-AL. He would also win the popular vote 50-48
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2023, 09:01:21 PM »

Fmr. Governor John Kasich (R-OH) / Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) ✓
President Hillary Clinton (D-NY) / Vice President Tim Kaine (D-VA)

Trump pulls some shenanigans, though probably stops short of running as an independent without the support he had as president.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies