If you had to emigrate, what places would you want to emigrate to? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:04:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  If you had to emigrate, what places would you want to emigrate to? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: .
Canada

Mexico

Central America/The Caribbean

United Kingdom

Australia

New Zealand

Ireland

India

Switzerland

France

The Low Countries

Germany

Spain

Italy

Japan

South Korea

China

Taiwan

Hong Kong

Singapore

Nordics

Somewhere in Europe not listed

Somewhere in Africa

Israel

The Arab states

Southeast Asia

Pakistan

Other

I would never emigrate

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 77

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: If you had to emigrate, what places would you want to emigrate to?  (Read 2144 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: March 07, 2023, 07:05:46 AM »

Of places I've been, maybe coastal western Balkans? (Though I haven't actually been to the coast itself, unless we say Venice is Balkan) I'd say Georgia but I'm an imperialist (Russian speaker) by their standards and I'm realistic about my low chances of learning Georgian. Canada, I guess.

Of places I haven't been (and thus can still idealize), conal South America. UK for work reasons.

I do frequently scan for NGO gigs in greater postcommunist Eurasia, but I don't consider many of those as permanent options for resettlement (sans marriage).
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2023, 10:18:21 PM »

I already have an "in" with the Home Office in the UK, and when I took the sample citizenship tests for the UK and Canada, I somehow did better on the UK one despite having grown up just a 2 hour drive from Vancouver. So the UK is probably my best bet.

But if I'm thinking less practically, I'd be happy living in the Balkans, especially Bosnia or Romania.

Let's start a "risk analysis" firm based in Sarajevo.

And as far as I can tell, the UK is better for Eurasia-focused risk gigs than the US.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2023, 01:35:46 PM »

I already have an "in" with the Home Office in the UK, and when I took the sample citizenship tests for the UK and Canada, I somehow did better on the UK one despite having grown up just a 2 hour drive from Vancouver. So the UK is probably my best bet.

But if I'm thinking less practically, I'd be happy living in the Balkans, especially Bosnia or Romania.

Let's start a "risk analysis" firm based in Sarajevo.

And as far as I can tell, the UK is better for Eurasia-focused risk gigs than the US.

Pristina would be far superior.  Kosova is the Future.  Especially for "risk-analysis" in the Balkans.  lol

And not to mention, Greece is only a 4-hour drive away....and traversing through some of the most jaw-droppingly beautiful countryside on God's Green Earth through (the fake) Macedonia.

Pristina, unfortunately, is rather polluted, so I imagine it'd make for a bit worse of a reception for major clients. Having to learn Albanian is another drawback.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies