If you had to emigrate, what places would you want to emigrate to?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:21:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  If you had to emigrate, what places would you want to emigrate to?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: .
Canada

Mexico

Central America/The Caribbean

United Kingdom

Australia

New Zealand

Ireland

India

Switzerland

France

The Low Countries

Germany

Spain

Italy

Japan

South Korea

China

Taiwan

Hong Kong

Singapore

Nordics

Somewhere in Europe not listed

Somewhere in Africa

Israel

The Arab states

Southeast Asia

Pakistan

Other

I would never emigrate

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 77

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: If you had to emigrate, what places would you want to emigrate to?  (Read 1988 times)
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2023, 11:06:53 PM »

The only place I could imagine living in other than my homeland is my ancestors' homeland, so if anything it has to be the UK.

But even then, not really. I'll stay here no matter what.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2023, 09:25:40 AM »

I would never leave the greatest country on Earth, rather die here.

If I did for some reason have to, top choices are Mexico and Australia I guess.

You'll always have free accommodation for a week in Perth brah!
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2023, 08:54:14 PM »

I would never leave the greatest country on Earth, rather die here.

If I did for some reason have to, top choices are Mexico and Australia I guess.

You'll always have free accommodation for a week in Perth brah!

one week in perth b4 i journey into the outback and assimilate into a herd of kangaroos

boing boing boing
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2023, 09:18:11 PM »

I would have a hard time living anywhere that really felt foreign. I could do British Columbia, I guess, but everywhere else in Canada is too cold, and anyway being in Canada feels like stepping into the uncanny valley. I liked Australia well enough to think that I could live there. It'd be a great country if they hadn't ruined it with speed cameras and the metric system.
vitoNova
United States

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2023, 09:31:55 PM »

If you're a veteran, there's tons of jobs you can apply to in Japan on USAJOBS.   And you get first dibs, too, and get priority even above military spouses in the local commuting area.  They will 100% fund your move, too:  household goods, vehicle, transportation, etc...
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2023, 09:37:00 PM »

I'm planning on eventually moving to Australia, so I guess that option
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2023, 09:27:23 PM »

I already have an "in" with the Home Office in the UK, and when I took the sample citizenship tests for the UK and Canada, I somehow did better on the UK one despite having grown up just a 2 hour drive from Vancouver. So the UK is probably my best bet.

But if I'm thinking less practically, I'd be happy living in the Balkans, especially Bosnia or Romania.
the artist formerly known as catmusic
schnittdoodle
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.16, S: -7.91

P
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2023, 09:55:08 PM »

Canada because I can legally live and work there without having to do anything.

Ireland because it's beautiful and I love Celtic culture and they have amazing work in music.

I have lots of friends in the UK and London is pretty amazing for my line of work, so probably there next.

After that, it would have to be a pretty big reason for me to move. I could see myself being chill in New Zealand, Nordic countries, Iceland, France, Germany, Netherlands, Taiwan, and South Korea.

Technically I could also move to Israel pretty easily because of birthright, but you could not pay me to live there.
vitoNova
United States

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2023, 09:02:14 PM »

I already have an "in" with the Home Office in the UK, and when I took the sample citizenship tests for the UK and Canada, I somehow did better on the UK one despite having grown up just a 2 hour drive from Vancouver. So the UK is probably my best bet.

But if I'm thinking less practically, I'd be happy living in the Balkans, especially Bosnia or Romania.

LMAO

I kid, I kid.

Beautiful, rustic countryside. 

Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2023, 10:22:22 PM »

LMAO

I kid, I kid.

Beautiful, rustic countryside.  

The fact that 28 years after the Dayton Accords "Serbia Strong" is available on Spotify while this and "Havarija" are not is really the greatest inhumanity of the war.

Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2023, 10:25:37 PM »

Brisbane has always been of interest to me, especially with its close proximity to the Sunny and Gold coasts on either side of it. 
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2023, 08:54:12 AM »

Uruguay
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2023, 01:33:55 PM »

1. Canada
2. New Zealand
3. Norway
4. Australia
5. United Kingdom
6. Switzerland
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2023, 01:49:06 PM »

Australia. If the US isn't safe, all of North America isn't. Plus, Australia is cool, but probably the most similar country to the US out there.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2023, 02:25:33 PM »

One thing I will say is that I'd prefer to live almost anywhere in the New World as opposed to almost anywhere in the Old World, with the exceptions of like, Cuba and Venezuela, of course.

Also is Oceania considered part of the New World? It should be, if it's not.
vitoNova
United States

« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2023, 07:45:02 AM »
« Edited: March 21, 2023, 08:01:07 AM by swamp fox »

Noice!  Is that the riff to Foghat's "Slow Ride" I hear?

Balkan war music got me like:

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2023, 10:18:21 PM »

Let's start a "risk analysis" firm based in Sarajevo.

And as far as I can tell, the UK is better for Eurasia-focused risk gigs than the US.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2023, 10:59:27 PM »

UK, Ireland, Australia, NZ, and Switzerland sans the language barrier would probably be the smallest culture shifts. Canada too but it's so damn boring.

Would have said Taiwan and Hong Kong a while ago but there's too big a risk of them being fully absorbed into the rest of China these days.
vitoNova
United States

« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2023, 06:43:43 AM »

And as far as I can tell, the UK is better for Eurasia-focused risk gigs than the US.

Pristina would be far superior.  Kosova is the Future.  Especially for "risk-analysis" in the Balkans.  lol

And not to mention, Greece is only a 4-hour drive away....and traversing through some of the most jaw-droppingly beautiful countryside on God's Green Earth through (the fake) Macedonia.
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.45, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2023, 07:42:48 AM »

Canada and Australia are obvious for me, but I love the Mediterranean too, especially Spain. Then add in Singapore since I’ve lived there before
Oleg 🇰🇿🤝🇺🇦
Oleg
Kazakhstan

« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2023, 07:58:30 AM »

I would like to emigrate to the Russia of the westernized Moscow youth, but unfortunately Putin is successfully building a Russia of thieves, murderers and rapists. He makes the Russians exactly what the Chinese have always imagined the nomadic barbarians around them.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2023, 01:35:46 PM »

Pristina would be far superior.  Kosova is the Future.  Especially for "risk-analysis" in the Balkans.  lol

And not to mention, Greece is only a 4-hour drive away....and traversing through some of the most jaw-droppingly beautiful countryside on God's Green Earth through (the fake) Macedonia.

Pristina, unfortunately, is rather polluted, so I imagine it'd make for a bit worse of a reception for major clients. Having to learn Albanian is another drawback.
vitoNova
United States

« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2023, 01:48:05 PM »

Pristina, unfortunately, is rather polluted, so I imagine it'd make for a bit worse of a reception for major clients. Having to learn Albanian is another drawback.

You could just set up shop in 'Salonika then and do all your fancy Balkan-analyzin' from afar. 

Kinda like how all the AFRICOM folks are all safely in Stuttgart, with 99% of them never even stepping foot in Africa.   
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2023, 05:21:01 PM »

England, ideally.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2023, 11:39:49 AM »

I didn't like moving to a different part of England even, let alone another country. I like to travel and visit new places but there's no place like home.

The limit of where I'd want to live permanently is about an hour radius from where I grew up, and Cyprus.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies