Opinion of President Johnson
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:44:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of President Johnson
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Title
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 60

Author Topic: Opinion of President Johnson  (Read 1138 times)
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2023, 12:53:49 AM »

Very nice fellow, with good posts, even though we disagree on a lot of issues. FF
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2023, 01:21:43 PM »

Not sure it's appropriate to post in your own opinion thread or whether that's kind of breaking unwritten rules, though after Torie's post I felt the need to briefly respond. His post largely sums it up correctly, though I personally struggle a little bit with the these "moderate" and "progressive" labels, at least putting yourself into just one camp. I'd just consider myself a center-left pragmatist as my signature says. In that regard, my favorite German chancellor Helmut Schmidt once said about himself: "Yes, I'm indeed a pragmatist. But not a unbiased pragmatist". As for US politics, it depends on issue honestly. I'm probably to the left of even most Democrats on gun control, support for paid sick leave, paid family leave and paid vacation. So basically the policies that are the norm in Europe.

As for supporting of certain politicians: It's almost always a combination of their political stances and likeability as person. Needless to say latter is a very subjective matter, there are politicians I hardly agree on much and still respect while I used to be in line with others and don't like for one reason or another. Of course that can change over time because some people improve, at least in my perception (for example I have grown to like Bernie and Liz Warren more during and after the 2020 campaign then before and I could imagine some Biden-opponents from that camp no longer believe he just got in to restore the status-quo, but that's for another thread to discuss), or they somehow start to disappoint for one reason or the other (or just reveal themselves over a longer amount of time while serving in a certain position of power). Most important in my view is to keep an open mind and listen/read other opinions and either realize you can't come to an agreement with someone or you admit you've been wrong. I think I've done latter more than once, most notably being dead wrong about Cuomo. Especially his issues as person and his disastrous Covid handling.

With that being said, I'm honored by the number of positive votes and realize you obviously can't please everyone, although I'm open for fair criticism or exchange of arguments in various threads or via PM.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2023, 01:37:55 PM »

Tad establishment but a great guy. Obvious FF.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2023, 06:20:12 PM »

FF of course, although the people that voted HP aren't remotely surprising.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2023, 06:32:39 PM »

Obvious freedom fighter. I am still blown away that he supposedly supported Trump for a time though.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2023, 10:00:13 PM »

Obvious freedom fighter. I am still blown away that he supposedly supported Trump for a time though.

He was clearly being ironic though just like many red avies were . The fact he was using all capitals to describe Trump showed it
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2023, 11:01:06 PM »
« Edited: April 18, 2023, 11:04:40 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

The only thing I get it he doesn't criticized Biden but he doesn't believe in wave insurance and many users copied one another map like Xing and S019 and Ferguson you guys defend Biden thru Docugate but me and Solid and Pbower believe in wave insurance, it's not good to just copy one another we know it's a blue wall map Biden is a/ at 50)48 and Old School believes RS are gonna win lol red states have blk in them they don't believe in tax cuts for super Rich

That's why Clinton and Obama won them and Biden can too for Filibuster proof Trifecta
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2023, 05:17:31 AM »

FF
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2023, 11:04:00 AM »

I noticed he doesn't go to Biden Approvals since they remain low
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2023, 01:57:17 PM »

A good guy. Yet another (centrist?) establishment Dem who doesn't engage in schizoposting. Or froths at the mouth whenever you criticize his favorite politicians.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2023, 02:30:04 PM »

I've said it before and I'll say it again: he showed more kindness towards me than I did towards him at a certain point. FF.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies