Did COVID help Democrats or Republicans more?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 02:23:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Did COVID help Democrats or Republicans more?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Did COVID politically helps Democrats or Republicans more?
Democrats

Republicans

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 45

Author Topic: Did COVID help Democrats or Republicans more?  (Read 973 times)
Pericles
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2023, 08:59:13 PM »

Republicans because the Democrats miscalculated Covid lockdownism whereas Republicans were right from the beginning that 1) it wouldn't work, and 2) it wasn't worth the cost. Add the fact that the Democrats own-goaled themselves by going from banning anyone who said it leaked from a lab on social media as a conspiracy theorist, to suggesting it was a likely theory, purely due to changes in politics. 3-0 Republican.
Oh f**k no. Are you gonna be spewing this s**t when you spent the first half of Covid talking about how bad it is and how it would devastate society for eons?

Well it was and is pretty f-ing bad. When it first started this other poster was claiming it would be no worse than SARS and people were upvoting his replies to me and acting like I was just dooming for saying this was going to be the big pandemic. I was right about that.

But the Republicans were more right about many things. I remember in late 2020, I was still in lockdown mode, hardly even going out, when a conservative coworker of mine casually threw out "everyone is going to get it." And I thought, you're crazy. But it turns out he was right. I'm still surprised I've never tested positive yet and that's probably only because I had the asymptomatic version.

Getting Covid in early to mid 2022, as most New Zealanders did, is in no way the same as getting Covid in 2020. So many people dying in 2020 and early 2021 was totally preventable. The US's high death toll was not inevitable but it was a massive policy failure.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2023, 09:00:07 PM »

The main recipients who were helped during Covid were the drug companies. Does it really matter which party? Democrats are in charge now, so let's watch what they do with their power.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies