Public Office of the tack50 Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:33:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Office of the tack50 Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Public Office of the tack50 Administration  (Read 1554 times)
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2023, 03:33:50 PM »

As a Southerner allow me to thank the President for his bold action respecting our country's history and her symbols. Dave bless Atlasia and all her people!

How long has the BLM flag been prominent in Atlasia (formerly the U.S.)? 100 years or 200 years?
Long enough! Smiley
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2023, 04:38:51 PM »

As a Southerner allow me to thank the President for his bold action respecting our country's history and her symbols. Dave bless Atlasia and all her people!

How long has the BLM flag been prominent in Atlasia (formerly the U.S.)? 100 years or 200 years?
Long enough! Smiley

I guess that means IRL Dobbs will be irrevocable precedent in 2032 (since BLM is a decade old). Wink
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2023, 02:57:05 AM »

Executive Order 58-001

To nominate a candidate for the Vice Presidency

I hereby nominate Razze, of the state of Florida, to be Vice President

x Tack50, President of the Republic of Atlasia

Executive Order 58-002

To make provisions for the application of foreign policy

1. As Commander in-chief of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Atlasia, I order the termination of any and all military presence and/or operations in the following nations:

-Somalia
-Niger
-Iraq
-Syria
-Yemen

2. Pursuant to SB 113-64, I direct the Secretary of State and the State Department as a whole to prioritize Section 2D in the determination of the necessity of foreign military bases.

Executive Order 58-003

Guidlines referring to the display of certain flags

The federal government shall on any and all properties located within the Southern Region fly the following flag in lieu of any flag adopted, recognized or endorsed by the Southern Region as its representative emblem, and shall recognize the following flag as the legitimate flag of the Southern Region in all documents, diplomatic functions, repositories and/or settings under federal control.

Federally-Recognized Flag of the Southern Region by the Federal Government

Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2023, 02:58:04 AM »

Anyways if I can get the intruders off my lawn... Tongue

Executive Order 58-004

To nominate a candidate for Game Moderator

I hereby nominate Joseph Cao, of the state of Illinois, to the vacancy of  Game Moderator

Executive Order 58-005

Guidlines referring to trade policy

I hereby direct and empower the Secretary of State to initiate discussions for the renegotiation of NAFTA and CAFTA

Executive Order 58-006

Guidelines on employment pre-requisites

Effective immediately, no federal employee or contractor shall be required to have a four-year college degree, unless it's otherwise required or deemed necessary for proving the capabilities to perform the demanded job or contract.

xTack50, President of the Republic of Atlasia

Executive Order 58-007

Enforcement of Anti-Trust Laws

To address the consolidation of industry in many markets across the economy, it is ordered by the Office of the President that the Department of Justice prioritize the challenging of transactions whose consummation may be in violation of the Sherman Antitrust Act (26 Stat. 209, 15 U.S.C. 1 et seq.) (Sherman Act), the Clayton Antitrust Act (Public Law 63-212, 38 Stat. 730, 15 U.S.C. 12 et seq.) (Clayton Act), or other laws.

Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2023, 02:29:25 PM »

Executive Order 58-008

Concerning proposed territory acquisition/i]

1. Persuant to SB 113-50 Greenland Act, Section 1, it is so ordered that the Republic of Atlasia shall no longer participate in the proposed international agreement with Denmark regarding the acquisition of Greenland.

2. The State Department is ordered to suspend any negotiations with the governments of Denmark and Greenland.

Here is an executive order to at least try to stop the dumb, dangerous and wasteful purchase of parts of a foreign country. What I shall call YT's folly Tongue
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2023, 02:53:19 PM »

Executive Order 58-008

1. Persuant to SB 113-50 Greenland Act, Section 1, it is so ordered that the Republic of Atlasia shall no longer participate in the proposed international agreement with Denmark regarding the acquisition of Greenland.

2. The State Department is ordered to suspend any negotiations with the governments of Denmark and Greenland.

Here is an executive order to at least try to stop the dumb, dangerous and wasteful purchase of parts of a foreign country. What I shall call YT's folly Tongue

How is it dangerous? And it's the South's money.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2023, 03:03:30 PM »

Executive Order 58-008

How is it dangerous? And it's the South's money.

Its dangerous because it lets others have fun without Labors direct approval.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2023, 03:46:42 PM »

If I recall correctly, the law authorized, but did not legally bind, the President to make a deal regarding the annexation of Greenland. Ultimately, I think it’s Tack choice whether he wants to move forward with negotiations.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2023, 03:55:57 PM »

If I recall correctly, the law authorized, but did not legally bind, the President to make a deal regarding the annexation of Greenland. Ultimately, I think it’s Tack choice whether he wants to move forward with negotiations.
"The Republic of Atlasia hereby immediately authorizes the President to enter into an international agreement pledging the following terms:" were the words of the legislation. I think you are correct
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2023, 08:02:03 PM »

Labor once again abusing their office .
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2023, 10:32:34 PM »

No? If the Supreme Court rules against Tack, I have complete confidence he'll let the deal go ahead. But for now, he's well within his rights to take action here as he sees fit.

I don't really understand this - why are some folks so keen to blow billions of dollars on an icebox? It seems like a big vanity play imo.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2023, 10:53:18 PM »

No? If the Supreme Court rules against Tack, I have complete confidence he'll let the deal go ahead. But for now, he's well within his rights to take action here as he sees fit.

I don't really understand this - why are some folks so keen to blow billions of dollars on an icebox? It seems like a big vanity play imo.

It's Southern money. What's it to you?
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2023, 11:13:51 PM »

It's taxpayer money, right? Just seems like a lot of money to spend on a hunk of ice instead of public education or healthcare. With $15 billion, imagine how many new hospitals we could build in the South
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2023, 11:52:02 PM »

It's taxpayer money, right? Just seems like a lot of money to spend on a hunk of ice instead of public education or healthcare. With $15 billion, imagine how many new hospitals we could build in the South

Have you always had such a soft spot for the South? And that's what they said about Alaska, that it was useless, and the naysayers turned out to be wrong.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2023, 01:17:35 AM »

Have you always had such a soft spot for the South? And that's what they said about Alaska, that it was useless, and the naysayers turned out to be wrong.
I actually do have a soft spot for the Southern people. I think their leaders are, well, [REDACTED], but that’s neither here nor there.

I don’t think it’s hard to see the difference between Alaska and Greenland. One is a vast, untamed wilderness of ice and snow, devoid of urban settlements and located far from the Atlasian mainland. The other is Alaska.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2023, 02:11:55 AM »

Ftr this is 100% correct. If I lose the case I will repeal the EO and leave Greenland alone
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2023, 02:49:20 AM »

Anyways, further clarification on Greenland:

To be clear, I have chosen to issue this due to my reservations concerning the acquisition under the current terms presented to Denmark and Greenland. This decision was not made lightly, and I understand frustration from my friends in the South. Let me assure you, this order was not issued due to any animosity toward the Southern region, nor any elected officials. To be clear, these negotiations are not yet concluded and it is within the powers of the president (as described in the law itself) to end these negotiations. This administration is particularly concerned with the environmental impact of certain proposals left unaddressed by the present talks. I am not opposed to renegotiating the acquisition, however this present proposal does not have my stamp of approval. It’s my expectation that this goes before the Supreme Court, if we are ruled against, I will without hesitation revoke the Executive Order and allow things to proceed as they were prior. I will always abide by the rule of law.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2023, 03:11:34 AM »

Let’s be real this isn’t even comparable to what I did

Stop diminishing my legacy
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2023, 07:04:34 AM »

I actually do have a soft spot for the Southern people. I think their leaders are, well, [REDACTED], but that’s neither here nor there.

I don’t think it’s hard to see the difference between Alaska and Greenland. One is a vast, untamed wilderness of ice and snow, devoid of urban settlements and located far from the Atlasian mainland. The other is Alaska.

You should run for Governor in the South if you think the region is so off track. And tbf, the people voted for that regional government you deride so much.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2023, 08:30:18 AM »

Let's be real: "the South" is mad because they can't s[inks]t all over black people without the federal government upholding years-long precedent, or shove through a unilateral acquisition for the largest island in the world - that's also inhabited by indigenous populations - without everybody bowing to their whims. Imagine that!

How embarrassing. What egos must be involved!

Is any caution to such actions the storied reverse racism I keep hearing about? Huh
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2023, 08:50:48 AM »

Let's be real: "the South" is mad because they can't s[inks]t all over black people without the federal government upholding years-long precedent, or shove through a unilateral acquisition for the largest island in the world - that's also inhabited by indigenous populations - without everybody bowing to their whims. Imagine that!

How embarrassing. What egos must be involved!

Is any caution to such actions the storied reverse racism I keep hearing about? Huh

By definition, the deal can't go through w/o Greenlandic support.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2023, 09:01:09 AM »

You should run for Governor in the South if you think the region is so off track. And tbf, the people voted for that regional government you deride so much.
I thought you folks didn’t like carpetbaggers?
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2023, 09:05:50 AM »

I thought you folks didn’t like carpetbaggers?

If you run a good campaign that people want to support, that overrides it. At least for me. I'd prefer a non-carpet bagger but policy matters more.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2023, 04:10:45 PM »

To the President,

I ask that you don't sign into law the Grow democracy act that just passed the Senate. The bill would take effect immediately, so it would be in place for the April election.

I read the bill as removing the activity requirement (number of posts) to be an eligible voter. There has been some form of activity required from as long I can remember. I think it was put in place to combat some zombie voting. Secondly it was passed counting a vote cast in name of another senator (proxy voting) which is a contentious issue. So there is a question of validity to this vote.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies