SB 113-72: Atlasia Wine Official Clarification Act (Passed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:32:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 113-72: Atlasia Wine Official Clarification Act (Passed)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: SB 113-72: Atlasia Wine Official Clarification Act (Passed)  (Read 2070 times)
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2023, 12:56:25 PM »

Ok.

My amendment is adopted.

We have an amendment on the floor. 24 hours to object.

Then if there arent any more issues we can hopefully move this along soon.

As WM's amendment was introduced after the final vote motion (and objection), wouldn't the vote to end debate take priority?

Wouldnt you rather just wait the 24 hours instead? Otherwise thats 72 hrs on cloture, which would fail since a majority will want the amendment heard, then reallow 24 hrs for WMs Amendment, then 24 hrs for the new motion, then 96 hrs to vote. Just allowing the amendment saves you 96 hrs.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2023, 01:00:10 PM »

Preemptively objecting the motion to a final vote.

I support this act.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2023, 02:37:02 PM »

The rush to vote on legislation the Senate is not satisfied with, by and large, is concerning. It is our duty to amend legislation as is appropriate before sending it to a vote. Why rush to a final vote on something that is half-baked?

I am also concerned that Senator Pyro is consistently trying to rush to final votes while only a small minority of Senators have had a chance to speak on the bills on the floor. The vast majority of Senators, also, cannot prepare amendments they are interested in introducing instantly, making it hard to ready most amendments before the impending final vote motion is made.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2023, 03:16:08 PM »

Ok.

My amendment is adopted.

As WM's amendment was introduced after the final vote motion (and objection), wouldn't the vote to end debate take priority?

Wouldnt you rather just wait the 24 hours instead? Otherwise thats 72 hrs on cloture, which would fail since a majority will want the amendment heard, then reallow 24 hrs for WMs Amendment, then 24 hrs for the new motion, then 96 hrs to vote. Just allowing the amendment saves you 96 hrs.

I'm not opposed to considering the amendment, it was only a question regarding the procedure.
It was my impression this was automatic going by the Senate rules.

In any case, I will withdraw the motion.

The rush to vote on legislation the Senate is not satisfied with, by and large, is concerning. It is our duty to amend legislation as is appropriate before sending it to a vote. Why rush to a final vote on something that is half-baked?

I am also concerned that Senator Pyro is consistently trying to rush to final votes while only a small minority of Senators have had a chance to speak on the bills on the floor. The vast majority of Senators, also, cannot prepare amendments they are interested in introducing instantly, making it hard to ready most amendments before the impending final vote motion is made.

There is no rush to vote on any legislation, not by myself nor anyone else. If debate and discussion appears to have ended, if amendments as proposed by members of the Senate have been considered, or if a bill has gone 4-5 days without activity, I don't think floating a vote motion is at all unreasonable.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2023, 03:33:52 PM »

Ok.

My amendment is adopted.

I'm not opposed to considering the amendment, it was only a question regarding the procedure.
It was my impression this was automatic going by the Senate rules.

In any case, I will withdraw the motion.

There is no rush to vote on any legislation, not by myself nor anyone else. If debate and discussion appears to have ended, if amendments as proposed by members of the Senate have been considered, or if a bill has gone 4-5 days without activity, I don't think floating a vote motion is at all unreasonable.

If you held yourself to this standard, OK, but this bill was commented on the day before your final vote motion, not 4-5 days before.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2023, 01:10:04 AM »

Gonna introduce this amendment:

Atlasia WineAlcohol Official Classification Act

Section I. Title.

This bill shall be referred to as the “Atlasia WineAlcohol Official Classification Act of 2023”.

Section II. Definitions

A. An “Atlasian wine” shall be any wine made with at least 100% grapes grown in Atlasia.

B. A "Texas whiskey" shall be any whiskey made in Texas from 100% Texas-grown grain.

C. A "Pacific Northwest whiskey" shall be any whiskey made in Texas from 100% Oregon and/or Washington-grown grain.

D. An "Atlasian bourbon" shall be any bourbon made with 100% Atlasian-grown grains, especially and principally corn.

E. An "Atlasian-made liquor" shall be any liquor made with 100% Atlasian-grown grains, potatoes, or other produce and crops required for the production of various liquors.

F. An "Atlasian whiskey" shall be any whiskey made with 100% Atlasian-grown grains.

Section III. Wine Competition Establishment

A. Reds

I. A competition shall be held every 2 years with any winery being allowed to submit any of their Atlasian wine which shall fit the selected category produced within the previous eight years for judging. There is no limit to how many wines a winery may submit, but they must pay $3,000 for their first submission and $1,000 for any additional wine they submit. Each submission must include at least two cases of wines - the equivalent of twenty-four 750 ml bottles or 15 litrers total.

II. The available wine categories for the competition are: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Zinfandel and Primitivo, Syrah and Shiraz, Barbera and Sangiovese, and Red Blends.

III. Each varietal of wine shall be judged by a grand panel of 10 wine experts, 5 celebrities, 5 politicians, and 5 ordinary citizens, selected at random from a pool of applicants. Each judge shall rank each wine on a scale of 0-1000.

a. The judges for this contest shall have eight members drawn from each region with new members being chosen every four years. Term limits for judgeships shall be unlimited.
     b. The twenty-fifth member of the panel shall be a foreign guest of Atlasia's red wine industry.

IV. The five wines within each category with the highest sum scores shall be permitted to use the “Superior Growth” label on all of that category of wines produced within the next nine years’ vintages. The next ten highest-scoring wines within each category shall be permitted to use the “First Growth” label on all of that category of wines produced within the next nine years’ vintages, and with “Second Growth” on the next twenty highest-scoring wines, and so on with “Third” and “Fourth Growths”, each doubling in size of the category. If there are fewer than 200 submissions in any category, then the highest number of categories that can be entirely filled by the submissions shall be the final one.  

B. Whites and Roses

I. A competition shall be held every 2 years with any winery being allowed to submit any of their Atlasian wine which shall fit the selected category produced within the previous five years for judging. There is no limit to how many wines a winery may submit, but they must pay $2,500 for their first submission and $1,000 for any additional wine they submit. Each submission must include at least two cases of wines - the equivalent of twenty-four 750 ml bottles or 15 litrers total.

II. The available wine categories for the competition are: Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Gris and Pinot Blanc, Chardonnay, Viognier, Muscat and Moscato, Rosés, and White Blends.

III. Each varietal of wine shall be judged by a grand panel of 10 wine experts, 5 celebrities, 5 politicians, and 5 ordinary citizens, selected at random from a pool of applicants. Each judge shall rank each wine on a scale of 0-1000.

a. The judges for this contest shall have eight members drawn from each region with new members being chosen every four years. Term limits for judgeships shall be unlimited.
     b. The twenty-fifth member of the panel shall be a foreign guest of Atlasia's white and rose wine industries.

IV. The five wines within each category with the highest sum scores shall be permitted to use the “Superior Growth” label on all of that category of wines produced within the next six years’ vintages. The next ten highest-scoring wines within each category shall be permitted to use the “First Growth” label on all of that category of wines produced within the next six years’ vintages, and with “Second Growth” on the next twenty highest-scoring wines, and so on with “Third” and “Fourth Growths”, each doubling in size of the category. If there are fewer than 200 submissions in any category, then the highest number of categories that can be entirely filled by the submissions shall be the final one.  

C. Champagnes and Sparkling Wines

I. A competition shall be held every 2 years with any winery being allowed to submit any of their Atlasian wine which shall fit the selected category produced within the previous five years for judging. There is no limit to how many wines a winery may submit, but they must pay $5,000 for their first submission and $1,500 for any additional wine they submit. Each submission must include at least two cases of wines - the equivalent of twenty-four 750 ml bottles or 15 litrers total.

II. The available wine categories for the competition are: Blanc de blancs, Blanc de noirs, Cuveés, Prosecco, and Sweet Sparkling Wines.  

b. The twenty-fifth member of the panel shall be a foreign guest of Atlasia's champagne and sparkling wine industries.

IV. The five wines within each category with the highest sum scores shall be permitted to use the “Superior Growth” label on all of that category of wines produced within the next six years’ vintages. The next ten highest-scoring wines within each category shall be permitted to use the “First Growth” label on all of that category of wines produced within the next six years’ vintages, and so on with “Second Growth” on the next twenty highest-scoring wines.

Section IV. Liquor Competition Establishment

A. Bourbon

I. A competition shall be held every 5 years with any bourbon distillery being allowed to submit any of their Atlasian bourbon which shall fit the selected category produced within the previous ten years for judging. There is no limit to how many bourbons a distillery may submit, but they must pay $3,000 for their first submission and $1,000 for any additional bourbon they submit. Each submission must include at least two cases of bourbon - the equivalent of twenty-four 1-liter bottles or 24 liters total.

II. The available bourbon categories for the competition are: Cask Strength, High Corn and Small Batch, High Rye, Single Barrel, and Wheated.

III. Each variety of bourbon shall be judged by a grand panel of 10 bourbon experts, 5 celebrities, 5 politicians, and 5 ordinary citizens, selected at random from a pool of applicants. Each judge shall rank each bourbon on a scale of 0-1000.

a. The judges for this contest shall have eight members drawn from each region with new members being chosen every ten years. Term limits for judgeships shall be unlimited.
     b. The twenty-fifth member of the panel shall be a foreign guest of Atlasia's bourbon industry.

IV. The five bourbons within each category with the highest sum scores shall be permitted to use the “Premier Grade Bourbon” label on all of that category of bourbon produced within the next ten years. The next ten highest-scoring bourbons within each category shall be permitted to use the “Superior Grade Bourbon” label on all of that category of bourbon produced within the next ten years, and with “Excellent Grade Bourbon” on the next twenty highest-scoring bourbons.

B. Non-Bourbon Whiskey

I. A competition shall be held every 5 years with any whiskey distillery being allowed to submit any of their Atlasian non-bourbon whiskey which shall fit the selected category produced within the previous ten years for judging. There is no limit to how many whiskeys a distillery may submit, but they must pay $3,000 for their first submission and $1,000 for any additional whiskey they submit. Each submission must include at least two cases of whiskey - the equivalent of twenty-four 1 liter bottles or 15 liters total.

II. The available whiskey categories for the competition are: Corn Whiskey, Malt Whiskey, Rye Malt Whiskey, Rye Whiskey, and Wheat Whiskey.

III. Each variety of whiskey shall be judged by a grand panel of 10 whiskey experts, 5 celebrities, 5 politicians, and 5 ordinary citizens, selected at random from a pool of applicants. Each judge shall rank each whiskey on a scale of 0-1000.

a. The judges for this contest shall have eight members drawn from each region with new members being chosen every ten years. Term limits for judgeships shall be unlimited.
     b. The twenty-fifth member of the panel shall be a foreign guest of Atlasia's whiskey industry.

IV. The five whiskeys within each category with the highest sum scores shall be permitted to use the “Premier Grade Whiskey” label on all of that category of whiskey produced within the next ten years. The next ten highest scoring whiskeys within each category shall be permitted to use the “Superior Grade Whiskey” label on all of that category of whiskey produced within the next ten years, and with “Excellent Grade Whiskey” on the next twenty highest-scoring whiskey.

C. Non-Whiskey Liquors

I. A competition shall be held every 5 years with any liquor distillery being allowed to submit any of their Atlasian non-whiskey liquor which shall fit the selected category produced within the previous ten years for judging. There is no limit to how many liquors a distillery may submit, but they must pay $3,000 for their first submission and $1,000 for any additional liquor they submit. Each submission must include at least two cases of liquor - the equivalent of twenty-four 1 liter bottles or 15 liters total.

II. The available liquor categories for the competition are: Brandy, Gin, Rum, and Vodka.

III. Each variety of liquor shall be judged by a grand panel of 10 liquor experts, 5 celebrities, 5 politicians, and 5 ordinary citizens, selected at random from a pool of applicants. Each judge shall rank each liquor on a scale of 0-1000.

b. The twenty-fifth member of the panel shall be a foreign guest of Atlasia's liquor industry.

IV. The five liquors within each category with the highest sum scores shall be permitted to use the “Premier Grade Liquor” label on all of that category of liquor produced within the next ten years. The next ten highest scoring liquors within each category shall be permitted to use the “Superior Grade Liquor” label on all of that category of liquor produced within the next ten years, and with “Excellent Grade Liquor” on the next twenty highest-scoring liquors.

Section IV. Funding and Logistics

I. Competitions shall be hosted by cities across Atlasia, with applications by cities to be submitted to and selected by the Department of Internal Affairs. The cities shall be expected to provide a space for hosting and housing, with funds received from competition applicants to be directed to the host city’s event budget.

II. Usage of the scoring “Growth” terms shall be enforced by the Department of Justice, with a $100,000 fine for an illegal use of the label as well as an additional $100 per bottle sold without having met the competitive qualification for use of the label.

Section VI. Implementation

The first competition shall be held jointly for all three types of winesalcohol included in this bill in 2024.
[/quote]
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2023, 08:01:10 AM »

Ok 24 hrs to object then I think everyones concerns have been addressed.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2023, 07:26:43 AM »

Amendment is adopted.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2023, 01:11:36 PM »

Does anyone else have proposals/additions for this bill, or are we prepared to bring this to a vote?
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2023, 04:24:48 PM »

The only last amendment I have is just to harmonize the contest frequencies. We did 2 years for wine and the whiskey amendment did 5 years for whiskey.

I offer an amendment to replace 5 with 2 so that the contests are on the same schedule. 24 hours to object.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2023, 05:56:53 PM »

Now that this latest amendment has been adopted, and debate and discussion appears to have ended yet again, I will echo Senator R in saying, "I think everyone's concerns have been addressed." Let's bring this bill forward and finalize this into law.

I motion for a final vote.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2023, 06:31:04 PM »

24 hours to object.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2023, 04:57:28 PM »

Objection.

Section III-VI seems like a massive waste of the Atlasian tax dollar.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2023, 04:37:23 PM »

Hearing an objection a vote on cloture is now open for 72 hours. Please vote Aye, Nay, or Abstain.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2023, 04:38:06 PM »

Nay
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2023, 04:39:04 PM »

Nay. I don't agree with the proposed amendments changes suggested by NYE but I think he should be able to put those changes before the full Senate for a vote especially since, as a new Senator, he did not have an opportunity to do so before this point.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2023, 04:40:00 PM »

Nay. I don't agree with the proposed amendments suggested by NYE but I think he should be able to put those changes before the full Senate for a vote especially since, as a new Senator, he did not have an opportunity to do so before this point.

Is there an amendment Im missing?
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2023, 04:40:27 PM »

Presumably, NYE wants to remove the relevant portions (?). Or is this not right, NYE?
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2023, 05:39:45 PM »

Aye
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2023, 05:43:54 PM »

Presumably, NYE wants to remove the relevant portions (?). Or is this not right, NYE?

Correct.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2023, 06:51:12 PM »

Nay
nerd73
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -7.83

« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2023, 03:30:27 PM »

Aye
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2023, 07:30:20 PM »

Nay. An amendment needs to be voted on still, but I don't plan to vote for it.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2023, 04:30:35 PM »

Aye
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2023, 05:45:37 PM »

Nay
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5