Are you shocked that the main organizer of Furnace Fest is Episcopalian?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:37:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: World politics is up Schmitt creek)
  Are you shocked that the main organizer of Furnace Fest is Episcopalian?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Are you shocked that the main organizer of Furnace Fest is Episcopalian?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 7

Author Topic: Are you shocked that the main organizer of Furnace Fest is Episcopalian?  (Read 352 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 26, 2023, 09:19:16 PM »

If you ask how I know, he's pretty transparent about it and posts about it on his socials. Him and his family apparently only converted a couple years ago and he's from a more evangelical background and it sounds like his wife is too.

Anyway I am because it should be pretty obvious what type of music he likes and it's quite different from what you'd hear at an Episcopal church.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2023, 10:37:56 PM »

My understanding is that this is a punk rock concert where at least part of the program is explicitly Christian? I mean, all else being equal, I would have guessed low church non-denominational, but Episcopalian isn't totally shocking.  I would be most shocked by LCMS/WELS or RC/EO. 
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2023, 12:51:15 AM »

Anyway I am because it should be pretty obvious what type of music he likes and it's quite different from what you'd hear at an Episcopal church.

I am, as we speak, listening to the Alanis Morissette song "You Oughta Know". If I heard this song at Mass I'd never go to that church again.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2023, 08:21:35 AM »

Episcopalian converts are a very, very diverse bunch in pretty much every way (except education, to be perfectly honest, but that's another story). And there's plenty of Episcopalians who music tastes wildly different than what you hear at a mass or service.

So I'm a little surprised but hardly shocked at this.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2023, 10:24:17 AM »

I grew up Catholic, and my music taste was definitely not anywhere close to what I'd hear or sing at mass (which i generally liked btw)
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2023, 12:15:17 PM »

I grew up Catholic, and my music taste was definitely not anywhere close to what I'd hear or sing at mass (which i generally liked btw)
Growing up something is quite different from actively practicing it as an adult.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2023, 09:02:57 PM »

Growing up something is quite different from actively practicing it as an adult.

Completely true. That's why so many people say that they were "raised Catholic" as an identity even when they don't really practice a faith at all in adulthood.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2023, 09:15:35 PM »

Completely true. That's why so many people say that they were "raised Catholic" as an identity even when they don't really practice a faith at all in adulthood.
Of course virtually no one at Furnace Fest would say that even if raised Catholic.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies