2024: Two-Term Donald Trump Presidency
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 07:02:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  2024: Two-Term Donald Trump Presidency
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: 2024: Two-Term Donald Trump Presidency  (Read 3782 times)
DylanSH99
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 26, 2023, 08:10:56 PM »

2020: President Trump re-elected, defeats VP Biden

In what has been one of the most contentious presidential races in recent memory, incumbent President Donald Trump has been reelected to a second term in office.

In a stunning upset, Trump won a victory over former Vice President Joe Biden in the Electoral College, 289 electoral votes to 249 electoral votes. This marked the third time in the past four elections that the election was decided by the Electoral College and not the popular vote, with Biden taking a decisive lead in the popular vote.

The election was a long, hard-fought battle between the two candidates, with Trump running on a platform of economic growth and national security, while Biden ran on a platform of reversing the policies of the Trump administration and healing a divided nation.

The Trump campaign was buoyed by strong support from rural and suburban voters, while Biden saw strong support from urban areas. The race was close throughout, with the two candidates trading leads in the polls.

In the end, Trump was able to eke out a victory in the Electoral College, though it was a much narrower victory than his first election in 2016.

The result marks a major victory for Trump, who has faced a number of challenges throughout his first term, from impeachment to the health and economic fallout from the COVID-19 pandemic.

It also marks a major defeat for Biden, who was hoping to become the first Democratic president since Barack Obama.

For now, the nation is left to grapple with the implications of this election and what it means for the future of the United States.
DylanSH99
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2023, 09:25:36 PM »
« Edited: February 26, 2023, 09:28:49 PM by DylanSH99 »

Trump Second Term: 2021

In the first year of Donald Trump's second term as President of the United States, his supporters point to a number of accomplishments, while his detractors point to an array of failures. Here is a look at some of the key achievements and failures of President Trump's first year of his second term in 2021.

Achievements:

• The United States, Mexico and Canada start to see results stemming from The US-Mexico-Canada Agreement, with all three countries seeing positive effects from it.

• Signed executive orders to reduce government regulation across all sectors, including energy, healthcare and financial services.

• Nominated Judge Raymond Kethledge, to succeed Justice Stephen Breyer, to cement a 7-2 Conservative majority on the Supreme Court. Kethledge is confirmed in the US Senate, 51-50, with Vice President Mike Pence breaking the tie.

• Hosted more summits with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, leading to yet another historic peace agreement.

• Trade agreement with China goes into affect, end of trade war felt positively across both China and the United States.

• Ended the War in Afghanistan, which was the longest war America's ever been a part of.

Failures:

• Failed to repeal the Affordable Care Act (ACA), leaving millions of Americans without access to healthcare, yet again.

• Failed to pass any major infrastructure legislation, despite pledging to make infrastructure a priority.

• Failed to pass any significant immigration reform, despite making it a major campaign promise.

• Failed to reduce the national debt, which has grown under Trump’s watch.

• Failed to end the ongoing war in Syria.

• Failed to bridge the partisan divide in Washington, with tensions between the two parties reaching new heights.

• Failed to make progress on climate change, despite pledging to do so.

• Failed to pass any major gun control legislation, despite numerous mass shootings during his tenure.

Overall, President Trump's first year of his second term in office was marked by a mix of successes and failures. While his supporters point to a number of accomplishments, his detractors point to an array of failures. As the President enters his second year of his second term in office, the nation will be watching to see how he fares.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2023, 11:22:31 PM »

There's no scenario where Trump having won a second term is unable to convince a Republican Congress to give him dictatorial powers (and basically either make the Presidency hereditary, or allow him to anoint a successor if he doesn't want a family member succeeding him).
DylanSH99
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2023, 01:48:09 AM »

There's no scenario where Trump having won a second term is unable to convince a Republican Congress to give him dictatorial powers (and basically either make the Presidency hereditary, or allow him to anoint a successor if he doesn't want a family member succeeding him).

I'll be updating tomorrow on the rest of his term, as well as the 2024 election.
DylanSH99
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2023, 10:17:45 AM »

Trump Second Term: 2022

President Donald Trump’s second year in his second term had been a mixed bag of successes and failures. Here is a timeline of the major events that have occurred during his second year in office:

January: President Trump signs an executive order to provide $1,000 cash payments to Americans earning less than $75,000 a year. This was seen as a major success for the President and helped to stimulate the economy.

February: President Trump announces a new immigration policy that would sharply reduce legal immigration levels and prioritize skilled workers. This policy was met with mixed reactions from members of both parties but was seen as a success for the President.

May: President Trump announces a new healthcare plan, which is met with criticism from both sides of the aisle.

June: President Trump announces an expansion of the US military presence in the Middle East, leading to a spike in tensions with Iran. This move was seen as a failure for the President.

July: President Trump announces an infrastructure plan, which is met with criticism from both sides of the aisle.

August: President Trump announces a new environmental policy, which is met with criticism from both sides of the aisle.

September: President Trump announces a new tax plan, which is met with criticism from both sides of the aisle.

October: President Trump announces a new energy policy, which is met with criticism from both sides of the aisle.

November: President Trump announces a new trade deal with the European Union, which is seen as a major success for the President.

December: President Trump announces a new defense budget, which is met with criticism from both sides of the aisle.

Overall, President Trump’s second year in office has been a mixed bag of successes and failures. He has achieved some major successes, such as the new trade deal with the European Union, but has also faced criticism for his healthcare plan, infrastructure plan, environmental policy, tax plan, and defense budget.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2023, 10:23:20 AM »

• Failed to make progress on climate change, despite pledging to do so.

Oof.
DylanSH99
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2023, 12:08:10 PM »

2022: Democrats take back the Senate:

The 2022 Senate midterms saw a huge win for the Democrats as they regained control of the Senate. This was a major blow to President Donald Trump, as the Democrats now had a majority in both chambers of Congress. In North Carolina, Cheri Beasley won her election, while Tim Ryan won in Ohio, John Fetterman won in Pennsylvania, and Mandela Barnes won in Wisconsin. These wins, along with other victories across the nation, gave the Democrats a 54-46 Senate majority and increased their power in government. This historic victory for the Democrats is a major setback for President Trump and his Republican Party.

2022: Democrats win the House by One Seat:

The 2022 House midterms were a close race, with the Democrats winning the House by just one seat. This was a huge blow to President Donald Trump, who was hoping for a Republican majority in the House. The Democrats' success was largely due to a surge of support from younger voters and an increased turnout among African American and Latino voters. The Democrats' victory will give them control of the House and the ability to push through their legislative agenda. It also increases the chances of investigations into the Trump administration, as the Democrats now have the power to subpoena documents and call witnesses with their Senate majority. This election result is sure to shape the rest of President Trump's presidency and the nation's political landscape for years to come.
DylanSH99
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2023, 06:26:01 PM »
« Edited: February 28, 2023, 06:32:46 PM by DylanSH99 »

Trump Cabinet: 2017-2025

President: Donald Trump (2017-2025)
Vice President: Mike Pence (2017-2025)

Secretary of State:
  • Rex Tillerson (2017-2018)
  • Mike Pompeo (2018-2025)

Secretary of the Treasury:
  • Steve Mnuchin (2017-2021)
  • Jerome Powell (2021-2025)

Secretary of Defense:
  • Jim Mattis (2017-2018)
  • Mark Esper (2019-2020)
  • Christopher C. Miller (2021-2025)

Attorney General:
  • Jeff Sessions (2017-2018)
  • William Barr (2019-2020)
  • Ted Cruz (2021-2025)

Secretary of the Interior:
  • Ryan Zinke (2017-2019)
  • David Bernhardt (2019-2025)

Secretary of Agriculture:
  • Sonny Perdue (2017-2021)
  • Ted McKinney (2021-2025)

Secretary of Commerce:
  • Wilbur Ross (2017-2025)

Secretary of Labor:
  • Alexander Acosta (2017-2019)
  • Eugene Scalia (2019-2025)

Secretary of Health and Human Services:
  • Tom Price (2017)
  • Alex Azar (2018-2025)

Secretary of Housing and Urban Development:
  • Ben Carson (2017-2025)

Secretary of Transportation:
  • Elaine Chao (2017-2021)
  • Jeffrey Rosen (2021-2025)

Secretary of Energy:
  • Rick Perry (2017-2019)
  • Dan Brouillette (2019-2025)

Secretary of Education:
  • Betsy DeVos (2017-2021)
  • Jeb Bush (2021-2025)

Secretary of Veterans Affairs:
  • David Shulkin (2017-2018)
  • Robert Willkie (2018-2025)

Secretary of Homeland Security:
  • John Kelly (2017)
  • Kirstjen Nielson (2017-2019)
  • Chad Wolf (2019-2025)
DylanSH99
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2023, 06:41:48 PM »

BREAKING: NEWSOM ANNOUNCES RUN FOR PRESIDENT

On January 21st, 2023, California Governor Gavin Newsom announced he is running for President of the United States in 2024. As he stood in a crowd of supporters, Governor Newsom declared, “It’s time for a new era of leadership in America. I am proud to announce my candidacy for President of the United States.”

In his announcement speech, Newsom highlighted the need for change in America, citing the need for a new approach to the issues of climate change, immigration, and poverty: “We need to move away from the politics of division and toward a future of unity and opportunity. As President, I will work to ensure that all Americans have access to quality healthcare, a clean and safe environment, and a better future for their families.” Newsom has been an ardent supporter of progressive policies such as improved gun control, stronger environmental protection, and bipartisan healthcare reform.

Newsom’s announcement was met with a standing ovation from his supporters, who chanted “Newsom for President!”
DylanSH99
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2023, 08:26:19 PM »

BREAKING: DESANTIS RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT

On January 26th, 2023, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis announced his candidacy for the 2024 presidential election. The Republican governor made the announcement in a speech in Orlando, Florida.

"My fellow Floridians, and Americans all around the nation, I stand before you today to announce that I am running for President of the United States in 2024," he said to the cheering crowd.

"I believe that we have a responsibility to preserve the greatness of this nation and protect our core values. I'm running to make sure that the American dream is accessible to everyone, not just the privileged few. I pledge to work hard to ensure that our future is bright and prosperous, and that every American has the opportunity to succeed and thrive."

Governor DeSantis has been in office since 2019, and has been widely praised for his handling of the coronavirus pandemic in Florida. He has also been a vocal supporter of President Donald Trump's policies and has often aligned himself with the President's agenda. He has also been a vocal advocate for conservative causes, such as Second Amendment rights and the protection of religious freedom.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2023, 08:39:46 PM »

@DylanSH99,
The POTUS Race everyone deserves, NEWSOM vs DESANTIS.

Can Ron shock Gavin? I doubt it but we will see.
DylanSH99
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2023, 08:53:41 PM »

@DylanSH99,
The POTUS Race everyone deserves, NEWSOM vs DESANTIS.

Can Ron shock Gavin? I doubt it but we will see.

There will be more candidates announcing soon, wait and see!
DylanSH99
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2023, 10:56:17 AM »

BREAKING: HARRIS ENTERS 2024 FIELD

On January 28th, 2023, California Senator and 2020 Democratic vice presidential nominee Kamala Harris announced she was running for President of the United States in 2024. In a speech made to a crowd of enthusiastic supporters, Senator Harris stated:

“Today, I am announcing my candidacy for President of the United States. I am ready to serve the American people and lead this country into a brighter future. I believe in the power of the American people, and I know that together, we will create a more equitable, just, and prosperous nation.”

The announcement garnered widespread attention and praise, with many praising Harris' decision to run for President. Harris has long been a vocal advocate for social justice, and was the first woman of color to be elected to the United States Senate. She has served in the Senate since 2017, and has been a vocal advocate for progressive causes such as criminal justice reform and environmental justice.
DylanSH99
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2023, 10:59:31 AM »

BREAKING: HALEY ANNOUNCES CANDIDACY

On February 1st, 2023, former United Nations Ambassador Nikki Haley, who served as the United States' Ambassador to the United Nations from 2017 to 2018, announced that she will be running for President of the United States in the 2024 election.

In her speech, Haley spoke of the need for strong leadership, saying, "We need a leader who will stand up for the American people and their interests, someone who will make sure that their voice is heard. We need a leader who will make the tough decisions, who will make sure we get it right the first time, and who will make sure that we are respected in the world."

Haley has long been a prominent figure in the Republican Party, and her announcement was met with enthusiasm from many of its members. She is known for her strong foreign policy stances and her willingness to engage in difficult diplomatic conversations. She has also been praised for her role as South Carolina Governor, where she was credited with improving the state's economy and job growth.
DylanSH99
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2023, 11:53:28 AM »

BREAKING: BUTTIGIEG ANNOUNCES SECOND RUN

On February 15th, 2023, Mayor Pete Buttigieg of South Bend, Indiana, announced his candidacy for President of the United States in the 2024 election. Buttigieg, who is the first openly gay major presidential candidate, has gained national attention after his successful tenure as mayor of South Bend, as well as his unsuccessful 2020 campaign, and his campaign has been met with enthusiasm from both political parties.

In his announcement speech, Buttigieg spoke of the need for a leader who could bring the country together.

“Today, I am proud to announce my candidacy for President of the United States in the 2024 election. We need a leader who can bring this nation together, to bridge the gaps between us, and to make sure that everyone in the United States has a fair chance. That leader is me.”

Buttigieg’s announcement has been met with enthusiasm from both sides of the aisle, with many noting that his candidacy could be a game changer for the election. His progressive platform, which includes plans for immigration reform, environmental protection, and economic equality, is seen as a breath of fresh air in a political landscape dominated by older, white male politicians.
DylanSH99
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2023, 11:59:39 AM »

BREAKING: SCOTT RUNNING FOR POTUS

On February 20th, 2023, Senator Tim Scott made a historic announcement to the nation: he was running for President of the United States in 2024. In an emotional speech, Senator Scott said:

“Today, I am proud to announce that I am running for President of the United States in 2024. I am running to serve the American people and to make sure that every single person in our nation, regardless of color, race, gender, or creed, is given the opportunity to succeed. I want to make sure that every American can benefit from the same freedoms, rights, and opportunities that I have been blessed with.

I am running because I believe that America is a place where everyone can reach their full potential. I am running because I believe that we can and must do better. I am running because I know that together, we can build a brighter and more prosperous future for all.”

Senator Scott's announcement that he was running for President has been met with enthusiasm from both sides of the aisle. As a prominent Republican Senator from South Carolina and a rising star within the party, his candidacy is sure to be a major factor in the 2024 election.
DylanSH99
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2023, 12:50:43 PM »

What does everyone think so far?
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2023, 03:07:41 PM »

Good! Candidates make sense!
DylanSH99
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2023, 04:32:33 PM »

Thank you! Will be posting more tonight…stay tuned and thanks for your support
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2023, 07:01:37 PM »

What happened in the 2022 Gubernatorial elections? If Ossoff lost in 2020 I could see him winning the Governorship.
DylanSH99
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2023, 02:10:13 AM »

What happened in the 2022 Gubernatorial elections? If Ossoff lost in 2020 I could see him winning the Governorship.

In my timeline, Ossoff barely wins just like in OTL but Abrams is elected Governor of Georgia in 2022. Sisolak is re-elected in Nevada and Abbott is barely re-elected in Texas.
DylanSH99
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2023, 02:19:33 AM »

BREAKING: SANDERS MAKES THIRD BID, AMID AGE CONCERNS

On February 25th, 2023, Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders announced his intention to run for President of the United States in 2024. This announcement came after much speculation and anticipation.

In an address to supporters, Senator Sanders discussed his platform and declared that the American people deserved a government that put their interests first. He said, “We must create an economy and a government that works for all Americans, not just the wealthy and well-connected. We must ensure that every American has access to quality health care, education, and a living wage. We must address the threat of climate change and work together to build a sustainable future.”

Sanders’ announcement was met with cheers and applause from his supporters, and from people across the country. His platform of progressive policies and his commitment to creating a fairer and more equitable society resonated with many. His announcement also sparked renewed interest in the 2024 presidential race, as the battle for the Democratic nomination begins in earnest amid concerns that the 83 year old was too old for another bid at the White House.
DylanSH99
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2023, 02:24:44 AM »

BREAKING: POMPEO ENTERS GOP RACE

On March 2nd, 2023, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo announced his candidacy for the 2024 United States presidential election. In a speech delivered outside his hometown of Wichita, Kansas, Pompeo declared his intentions to pursue the highest office in the nation.

“Today, I am here to announce that I will be running for President of the United States in the 2024 election,” Pompeo declared. “I want to lead this great nation and ensure that the American people, no matter their race, gender, or background, have the opportunity to pursue their dreams and achieve their goals. I will work to ensure that our economy is strong and that our national security remains a priority.”

The announcement was met with mixed reactions from the public. Supporters of the Secretary of State praised his experience as both a diplomat and a politician, while detractors criticized his tenure as Secretary of State and his close relationship with President Donald Trump.
DylanSH99
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2023, 10:49:56 AM »

BREAKING: WARREN LAUNCHES SECOND POTUS RUN

On March 17th, 2023, Senator Elizabeth Warren announced her candidacy for President of the United States in the 2024 election. Warren, a prominent progressive leader and proponent of economic reform, made the announcement in an address to the American people from her home state of Massachusetts.

"For too long, the powerful have held the cards in Washington and the rest of us have been left to struggle," Warren said. "It's time for that to change. That's why I'm announcing today that I'm running for President of the United States in the 2024 election."

The announcement was met with enthusiasm from Warren's supporters and progressive activists as she makes her second run for the White House. Warren's candidacy is seen as a continuation of her long-standing fight for economic justice and her determined efforts to level the playing field for working Americans and the middle class.

Warren has long been a champion of progressive causes, advocating for a more equitable society in which everyone, regardless of income or background, has an opportunity to succeed. As a Senator, she has fought for consumer protection, financial reform, and the creation of a fairer economy. She was a key figure in the creation of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, a federal agency tasked with protecting consumers from financial scams and abuse.
DylanSH99
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2023, 10:59:29 AM »
« Edited: March 02, 2023, 11:03:53 AM by DylanSH99 »

BREAKING: PENCE RUNNING IN '24

On April 1st, 2023, Vice President Mike Pence announced his candidacy for the 2024 election for President of the United States. Pence made his announcement in a speech at the White House in Washington, DC, revealing his plans to take the country in a new direction.

"Today, I am proud to announce my official candidacy for the presidency of the United States," said Pence. "It has been an honor to serve as Vice President these past four years, and I am excited to continue to serve the American people on the highest level. I believe that we can move our country forward, together, and I am ready to take on the challenge of leading our nation in a new direction."

Pence's announcement was met with a positive response from Republicans, with many of his supporters citing his strong conservative values and his commitment to the American people. He has pledged to focus on issues like healthcare, job creation, and national security if elected.

Pence has also promised to pursue policies that are in line with the values of the people he serves, such as protecting religious freedom and the sanctity of life. He has also expressed a commitment to creating an economy that works for all Americans, regardless of their background.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies