Canada with US parties/voting patterns

(1/12) > >>

King of Kensington:
Calgary would obviously be more Democratic, I guess a lot of Atlantic Canada would vote like Maine I suppose, New Brunswick and Cape Breton would be quite Maine-2 but there might be a  "culturally liberal"/communitarian element in PEI and much of Nova Scotia, but then again education levels lower than Vermont or southern Maine, say.  Quebec a total mystery.  Minorities would be even more strongly D than they are Liberal/NDP now, but there's a pretty strong pattern of Liberal dominance outside Alberta among minorities so would have little impact on electoral geography.  Jewish vote would reflect Orthodox/non-Orthodox and immigrant/nonimmigrant split in US.

Samof94:
Quote from: King of Kensington on February 25, 2023, 05:57:53 PM

Calgary would obviously be more Democratic, I guess a lot of Atlantic Canada would vote like Maine I suppose, New Brunswick and Cape Breton would be quite Maine-2 but there might be a  "culturally liberal"/communitarian element in PEI and much of Nova Scotia, but then again education levels lower than Vermont or southern Maine, say.  Quebec a total mystery.  Minorities would be even more strongly D than they are Liberal/NDP now, but there's a pretty strong pattern of Liberal dominance outside Alberta among minorities so would have little impact on electoral geography.  Jewish vote would reflect Orthodox/non-Orthodox and immigrant/nonimmigrant split in US.

Sask. would be Solid R

CumbrianLefty:
Hasn't this been done before, and is it indeed in the right section?

Sol:

My rough guess, with Atlas colors. The NW territory might not be right, and Nova Scotia too.

I assume Nova Scotia and Manitoba would be swing states, maybe NWT as well. Quebec on paper is hard to place, but I assume in practice that QC would be Democratic considering that Republicans are likely to be extremely hostile to Quebecois nationalism.

President Punxsutawney Phil:
Quote from: Sol on February 26, 2023, 12:36:13 PM

My rough guess, with Atlas colors. The NW territory might not be right, and Nova Scotia too.

I assume Nova Scotia and Manitoba would be swing states, maybe NWT as well. Quebec on paper is hard to place, but I assume in practice that QC would be Democratic considering that Republicans are likely to be extremely hostile to Quebecois nationalism.

What do you think the overall margin would be? 60-40 Dem?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page