What's your favorite videogame?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 11:36:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What's your favorite videogame?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: What's your favorite videogame?  (Read 1602 times)
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2023, 03:59:51 PM »

Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2. The defining games of my childhood.

The feeling and atmosphere of these games is truly unique. I don't know how to describe it, but there is absolutely nothing like it. And I don't mean just being in space or whatever. There's something else to it.
Its interesting that you find both of their atmosphere's similar. I actually like 2 a lot less than 1 because it's atmosphere feels kind of eh in comparison to the first.

The first definitely has more of it. I like both though.
Farmlands
Portugal

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.14

« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2023, 06:30:28 AM »
« Edited: June 15, 2023, 09:12:56 AM by Farmlands »

Scratch what I said before. Now that I've played and completed it, Persona 4 is by far and away my new favorite video game. Should be interesting to try the Persona 3 remake that's coming next year.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2023, 06:31:56 AM »

I've been playing a lot of Victoria 3 recently which since the latest patch is a much better and more fluid game.

Can't wait till some of the biggest mods from other Paradox games make their way over and DLC's start fleshing it out... Gonna be so good.

It'd be fun to get an Atlas multiplayer game possibly going someday.
Oleg 🇰🇿🤝🇺🇦
Oleg
Kazakhstan

« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2023, 04:38:45 AM »

There was a moment in my life when, due to a mistake, steel sheets began to cut me in half, and at first I didn't want to shout to the operator to stop the machine, but then I remembered that GTA 5 will be released soon and I changed my mind about lying on the ground with the guts out. But GTA 5 was not as good as I expected, although the RP version brought me an unforgettable experience. Thus, I can't call GTA 5 my favorite game, even though it saved my life.

I can't choose my favorite video game. There are a huge number of video games that I really enjoyed playing, and their list would be as thick as the Bible, but I can’t choose the best of the best.

There were two video games that were new dimension to me and they were Half-life 2 and Half-life Alyx. But I'm not a fan of this franchise or Valve. Minecraft also turned my idea of games upside down, but for some reason I always get tired of playing as soon as I set up all the necessary infrastructure, and there is a annoying lack of synchronization of game time with real time, I hate tiny days.

San Andreas and Call of Pripyat were worlds for me in which I was ready to settle. And these two games are completely different from each other.

Half-life, Rune, Postal 2, Freelancer were the first big games I playthroughed on my first computer, and I'm very fond of them, but I can't call them the best of the best.

Wait a minute, there is still one game. It's Zero Tolerance on Sega Genesis. I know that this game is far behind even the computer shooters of its time, but they are all inferior to it in style, attention to detail (for example, bloody lumps flying on the walls and slowly sliding down, or enemies that can run on walls and ceilings), and also this is the only FPS in which I beat the final boss to death with punches and kicks. I adored this game when I could only hopelessly dream of a Playstation or a computer, and I still rate this game very highly compared to other shooters. So Genesis' Zero Tolerance is my favorite videogame.
Oleg 🇰🇿🤝🇺🇦
Oleg
Kazakhstan

« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2023, 04:51:29 AM »

San Andreas and Call of Pripyat were worlds for me in which I was ready to settle. And these two games are completely different from each other.
In this regard, I must say that RDR2 and Kingdom Come have the most attractive and realistic nature that I have seen in a videogame. But I found them not at such a romantic age.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2023, 06:15:44 PM »

I will go with my 2 favorite games per console

GameCube: 1. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle 2. Spider-Man the Movie the Game 

Wii: 1. Mario Kart Wii 2. Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga

PS3: 1. Assassin Creed III 2. NBA2K12

PS4: 1. Spiderman PS4 2. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Picks the worst AC game solely because it is the only one set in the USA (exc for maybe Rogue too)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2023, 06:17:37 PM »

Picks the worst AC game solely because it is the only one set in the USA (exc for maybe Rogue too)

That was the first one I played
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2023, 06:19:45 PM »

Best games:

Wii: Mario Kart wii (or Super Mario Galaxy)
DS: Pokemon Black/White
GBA: Pokemon Emerald
3DS: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire/Omega Ruby

PS2: GTA: San Andreas
PS3: Assassin's Creed Black Flag
PS4: Assassin's Creed Odyssey

PC: Minecraft & Stardew Valley
Strategy Games: Europa Universalis IV
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2023, 06:21:41 PM »

Which ones have you played?

I would rate them as follow:

1. AC: Odyssey (minus DLC)
2. AC: Black Flag
3. AC: Origins
4. AC: Unity
5. AC II
6. AC Brotherhood
7. AC Revelations
8. AC III
9. AC I

I have to play AC: Syndicate yet, some Odyssey DLC and Valhalla. Skipping the others
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2023, 06:25:15 PM »

I personally would enjoy AC being set in Meso-American civilisation and focusing mostly on that (the Caribbean one doesn't count), one focusing on new world civilisation like the Aztec Empire.

The Japan one could be great too. I suppose the upcoming Baghdad one could be okay-ish but its not one i'll buy on release.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2023, 06:25:55 PM »

5. AC II
6. AC Brotherhood
7. AC Revelations
8. AC III
9. AC I

I have to play AC: Syndicate yet, some Odyssey DLC and Valhalla. Skipping the others

I have played II,Brotherhood,Revelations(these 3 I borrowed from a friend so I never replayed it) , III, Rogue , Unity , Syndicate, Origins .

I felt that Origins had way way too much side missions you were required to play to level up and I wasn’t really a fan of that change .
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2023, 06:28:53 PM »

5. AC II
6. AC Brotherhood
7. AC Revelations
8. AC III
9. AC I

I have played II,Brotherhood,Revelations(these 3 I borrowed from a friend so I never replayed it) , III, Rogue , Unity , Syndicate, Origins .

I felt that Origins had way way too much side missions you were required to play to level up and I wasn’t really a fan of that change .

Hmm, play Black Flag

Odyssey and Valhalla build further on Origins so i guess if you don't like Origins don't play Odyssey because Odyssey feels like it requires even more side quests to play. However Odyssey has a great story (similarly to 2). Origins didn't had the greatest story but it had one of the best settings and felt refreshing compared to earlier AC games that followed a repetitive pattern.

Odyssey also has the most content, but more isn't always better, it takes longer than most AC games, even origins lol. And from what i've heard Valhalla is even longer.

I'll probably finish the remaining Odyssey DLC (the Atlantis one) and play Syndicate in early july (i have some time than).

https://psnprofiles.com/Lakigigar

this is my PS account but i usually play more on PC now than PS.
Oleg 🇰🇿🤝🇺🇦
Oleg
Kazakhstan

« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2023, 08:38:02 PM »

Of the Prince of Persia series, I liked only the first game, and I decided that Assassin Creed was the same pipeline for deterioration. I playthroughed in 2010 Assassin Creed 2 and for this reason I decided not to play other games in the series, although I really liked this one.

A few years ago, a fan of the series was able to convince me, and I played a marathon of Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed II (nostalgia), Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Assassin's Creed: Revelations and Assassin's Creed III. Well, they are great games, and the worst of them, paradoxically, for me was AC I, because it was mechanistic like some NES game. It was a test of innovative principles, not the juicy story-driven game that AC II taught me to play.

Vainly I didn't play these games when they were relevant. Amazing cities, very realistic and engaging, and nice gameplay that has evolved a little in every game in the series.

People rate AC III very low, but it so happens that I played it after Fallout 4, and in the area of burned-out Boston houses, I realized what Fallout 4 could look like and gosh, despite the big difference in the release year, AC III beats FO 4 in graphic design, how the sun beats a candle stub.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2023, 06:44:26 PM »

Roblox, which isn’t a game like many people think but more a game site. My favorite game within changes a lot but right now is probably Word Bomb.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies