What About Minority Groups? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:41:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  What About Minority Groups? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What About Minority Groups?  (Read 10390 times)
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« on: July 08, 2004, 08:54:21 AM »

Are any minority groups going to be angry, because Kerry had a good choices among minorities but opted for the pretty-boy white-guy instead?

or

When are minority groups finally going to realize that the Dems only talk about diversity, whereas the Republicans acctually practice it (and with qualified individuals to boot)?

Seriously though, will the Edwards pick influence minorities in any negative way?

WHo were the well qualified black candidates for Vice-President...there is not a single black Senator or Governor on either side.  Richardson was a qualified Hispanic, but from what I understand, he had other issues.

And if the Republicans actually practice diversity, where are there no black Republicans in Congress...or as Governor or Senator.  Every single black Congressman is a Democrat.  Every Asian Governor, Senator, or Congressman is a Democrat.  At least 2/3 of the Hispanic Congressmen as Democrats (I don't know the exact count).  In 2002, we will finally elect a black Senator (Obama) and a Hispanic Senator (Salazar)...both Democrats.  It there Republican diversity beyond a couple Cabinet offices?  I haven't seen any evidence.  
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2004, 01:15:44 PM »
« Edited: July 08, 2004, 01:16:13 PM by Gov. NickG »

Are you seriously claiming that Carol Mosley-Braun would have been a viable VP candidate for the Dems?  Or is this just the wishful thinking of a Republican?  Irrespective of her race, Braun is completely unelectable, both for ideological reasons and because of personal scandal.   It would be like the Republicans nominating Bob Dornan, who ran a brief presidential campaign in 1996.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2004, 02:01:32 PM »

If Kerry would have pressed Richardson, he would have said yes.  Democrats don't care about scandel, so I don't see how that would hurt Braun.

What about the presious Harold Ford that all you guys are crazy about?  If Dick Gephardt can be seriously considered, why not Ford?  

What about Dianne Fienstein?  A Jewish woman.  She has more expireince and political prowess than Edwards.  If Kerry had picked her, I would have been satified because at least it would have made sense.  Or would that look too pro-Israel?

Why not Vilsack?  Polish and Catholic.  He's been a governor for 6 years so he already has more experience than Edwards.  He could bring in Iowa and shore up Pennsylvania.  A Pollock on the ticket would be huge in the area I come from.  But, I guess even a Pollock is too WASPy for well, the WASP's.  Huh

Then we have Ed Rendell.  He is Jewish, too.

I could think of some more, but....

Harold Ford is not yet 35 years old.   Once he is, he will be a highly desireable pick for a national ticket.  How is he a viable nominee if he is not even constitutionally eligible?

As for the others....how can you claim that the Dems should have two religious minorites on their ticket when the Republicans have not nominated a single religious minority once in their entire history.  

The Dems have had a female nominee, a Jewish nominee, an Orthodox nominee, and three Catholic nominees.  The GOP has never had any of these!  There may not be many black Republicans, but there are certainly Republican women and Catholics.  Where is the diversity there???
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies