SB 113-56: Terminate Cyberdyne Act (Passed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:30:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 113-56: Terminate Cyberdyne Act (Passed)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: SB 113-56: Terminate Cyberdyne Act (Passed)  (Read 925 times)
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2023, 04:18:09 PM »

Nay
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2023, 05:33:06 PM »

By a vote of 1-8-1-8 amendment fails.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2023, 12:53:18 AM »

I move for a final vote. 24 hours to object.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2023, 02:51:21 AM »

I object to a final vote at this time.

There are many aspects of AI's capabilities that I find frightening, and I do want us to tightly control its use within the game. Within the purposes of this English-speaking game, however, I greatly sympathize with someone like Senator Laki who is a non-native speaker and has explicitly mentioned using ChatGPT to overcome the language barrier. I would not wish to greatly impede on the right to both speak up and be understood for those who have learned English as a second language. Certain language within the text regarding robots and algorithms could feasibly extend to tools like Google Translate, so it's better to exercise caution.

To that effect, I'm offering the following amendment:

TERMINATE CYBERDYNE ACT

1. Beginning five (5) days from the date this law is enacted, it shall be unlawful for any Atlasian Senator, GM official, or other Atlasian official to utilize any robot, algorithim, or artificial intelligence, including but not limited to ChatGPT, to write any legislation, regulations, executive orders, storylines, or other legally binding content.

2. The failure of any Senator or other officer to affirmatively declare a bill, regulation, order, story, or other content as having been written or partially written by any robot, algorithim, or artificial intelligence, including but not limited to ChatGPT, shall be a crime punishable by a fine of $10,000 and imprisonment for no less than ten (10) days and no more than one (1) year per bill, regulation, order, story, or other content. Lying about whether or not a bill, regulation, order, story, or other content as having been written or partially written by any robot, algorithim, or artificial intelligence, including but not limited to ChatGPT, shall be considered perjury, and shall be punishable by expulsion, a fine of $10,000, and imprisonment for no less than ten (10) days and no more than one (1) year per lie.

3. It is the position of Atlasia that potentially having a robot draft hundreds of bills, regulations, orders, stories, or other content within minutes without any human interaction greatly defeats the point of this game and renders the continuation of Atlasia pointless.

4. The Official Senate Procedures and Rules for Operation shall be amended as follows:

Article 2: Introducing Legislation

2.) If the PPT determines that a piece of legislation is functionally impractical, frivolous, was written using the assistance of A.I. such as ChatGPT, or is directly unconstitutional, they may, in a public post on the Legislation Introduction thread, remove said legislation from the Senate floor. The sponsoring Senator of the legislation shall have ninety-six (96) hours to challenge this action in a public post, and with the concurrence of one-third (1/3) of office-holding Senators in the affirmative, may override the actions of the PPT. (Nasolation clause)

9.) No legislation shall be written using the assistance of A.I. such as ChatGPT and other language model algorithms. This does not apply to the use of A.I. for sole purposes of grammatical corrections.

Article 3: Amendments

1.) During the course of debate on legislation, any sitting Senator may offer amendments to the legislation. The President Pro Tempore may in good faith remove amendments from consideration that are functionally impractical, frivolous, repetitive, was written using the assistance of A.I. such as ChatGPT,  directly unconstitutional, entirely non-germane to the broader subject of the bill, or lack clear intent regarding the changes to be made. The amendment sponsor shall have 24 hours to object to the decision by the PPT and may overturn the action with the concurrence of 1/3rd of his fellow Senators. Unless stated otherwise in the amendment, components of the underlying legislation not referenced in an amendment will remain unchanged.

6.) No amendments shall be written using the assistance of A.I. such as ChatGPT and other language model algorithms. This does not apply to the use of A.I. for purposes of grammatical corrections.

Article 4: Debate

5.) No debate on the Senate floor shall be conducted or written using the assistance of A.I. such as ChatGPT and other language model algorithims.

5. Any existing law prohibiting discriminatory conduct against certain classes or groups of persons shall not be interpreted as applying to beings in the following categories:

A. Humans who possess non-medically required artificial enhancements that allow such person to perform tasks exceeding human capabilities;

B. Prohibited human-animal chimeras;

C. Non-human animals; and

D. Artificial intelligence.

6. Every school, college, or university receiving federal funds shall be required by July 1, 2023 to adopt a plagiarism policy prohibiting the use of robots, algorithims, or artificial intelligence, including but not limited to ChatGPT, in the completion of any paper, test, assignment, or other student work product.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2023, 08:03:47 AM »

I accept the amendment as friendly. 24 hours for objections.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2023, 09:38:43 AM »

Amendment is adopted. I renew the motion for a final vote. 24 hours to object.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2023, 08:15:12 AM »

A final vote is now open lasting until Noon eastern on Wednesday. Please vote aye, nay, or abstain.

TERMINATE CYBERDYNE ACT

1. Beginning five (5) days from the date this law is enacted, it shall be unlawful for any Atlasian Senator, GM official, or other Atlasian official to utilize any robot, algorithim, or artificial intelligence, including but not limited to ChatGPT, to write any legislation, regulations, executive orders, storylines, or other legally binding content.

2. The failure of any Senator or other officer to affirmatively declare a bill, regulation, order, story, or other content as having been written or partially written by any robot, algorithim, or artificial intelligence, including but not limited to ChatGPT, shall be a crime punishable by a fine of $10,000 and imprisonment for no less than ten (10) days and no more than one (1) year per bill, regulation, order, story, or other content. Lying about whether or not a bill, regulation, order, story, or other content as having been written or partially written by any robot, algorithim, or artificial intelligence, including but not limited to ChatGPT, shall be considered perjury, and shall be punishable by expulsion, a fine of $10,000, and imprisonment for no less than ten (10) days and no more than one (1) year per lie.

3. It is the position of Atlasia that potentially having a robot draft hundreds of bills, regulations, orders, stories, or other content within minutes without any human interaction greatly defeats the point of this game and renders the continuation of Atlasia pointless.

4. The Official Senate Procedures and Rules for Operation shall be amended as follows:

2.) If the PPT determines that a piece of legislation is functionally impractical, frivolous, was written using the assistance of A.I. such as ChatGPT, or is directly unconstitutional, they may, in a public post on the Legislation Introduction thread, remove said legislation from the Senate floor. The sponsoring Senator of the legislation shall have ninety-six (96) hours to challenge this action in a public post, and with the concurrence of one-third (1/3) of office-holding Senators in the affirmative, may override the actions of the PPT. (Nasolation clause)

9.) No legislation shall be written using the assistance of A.I. such as ChatGPT and other language model algorithms. This does not apply to the use of A.I. for sole purposes of grammatical corrections.

1.) During the course of debate on legislation, any sitting Senator may offer amendments to the legislation. The President Pro Tempore may in good faith remove amendments from consideration that are functionally impractical, frivolous, repetitive, was written using the assistance of A.I. such as ChatGPT,  directly unconstitutional, entirely non-germane to the broader subject of the bill, or lack clear intent regarding the changes to be made. The amendment sponsor shall have 24 hours to object to the decision by the PPT and may overturn the action with the concurrence of 1/3rd of his fellow Senators. Unless stated otherwise in the amendment, components of the underlying legislation not referenced in an amendment will remain unchanged.

6.) No amendments shall be written using the assistance of A.I. such as ChatGPT and other language model algorithms. This does not apply to the use of A.I. for purposes of grammatical corrections.

5.) No debate on the Senate floor shall be conducted or written using the assistance of A.I. such as ChatGPT and other language model algorithims.

5. Any existing law prohibiting discriminatory conduct against certain classes or groups of persons shall not be interpreted as applying to beings in the following categories:

A. Humans who possess non-medically required artificial enhancements that allow such person to perform tasks exceeding human capabilities;

6. Every school, college, or university receiving federal funds shall be required by July 1, 2023 to adopt a plagiarism policy prohibiting the use of robots, algorithims, or artificial intelligence, including but not limited to ChatGPT, in the completion of any paper, test, assignment, or other student work product.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2023, 08:36:04 AM »

Aye
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2023, 10:44:57 AM »

Nay
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2023, 11:46:37 AM »

Aye
Liminal Trans Girl
Lawer
United States

P P P
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2023, 11:48:16 AM »

Aye
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2023, 12:04:20 PM »

Aye
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2023, 01:53:35 PM »

Aye
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2023, 01:55:16 PM »

Aye
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2023, 01:58:37 PM »

Aye
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2023, 03:58:16 PM »

Aye
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2023, 04:33:28 PM »

Nay
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2023, 05:29:06 PM »

Nay
FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2023, 09:39:51 PM »

Aye
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2023, 11:03:19 PM »

Aye
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2023, 12:14:43 PM »

Bill passes 10-3-0-5.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2023, 12:24:19 PM »

TERMINATE CYBERDYNE ACT

Passed 10-3-0-5 in the Atlasian Senate assembled.

- R, PPT
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies