MS (Tulchin Research) - Pressley +4 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 02:51:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections
  2023 & Odd Year Gubernatorial Election Polls (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MS (Tulchin Research) - Pressley +4 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MS (Tulchin Research) - Pressley +4  (Read 1103 times)
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« on: February 13, 2023, 05:40:56 PM »

47% is what Hood got in 2019. Not a bad sign for the Dems if they can maintain that number when a Democrat is in the White House, which probably also bodes well for Beshear.

Now I can see Dobbs having a marginal effect in Kentucky, but Mississippi is one of the last places I'd expect.

I mean Kentucky voters pretty explicitly rejected Dobbs last November, and Beshear is very popular and crushing it in the polls right now. I can see the effect as a little more than marginal.

As for Mississippi, true that the New York Times did calculate based on the Kansas results that it would be one of the few states to vote to reject abortion rights (and they got Kentucky's vote pretty spot-on). So you might have a point there. But Presley is a strong candidate, and Reeves unpopular. He might be vulnerable for other reasons. But yes, steep uphill climb for sure given the deeper polarization that exists in MS compared to KY or even LA.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2023, 08:34:17 PM »

Apparently so, in which case there's possibly more of a chance of a John Bel Edwards like victory.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies