Why has support for trans rights declined in recent years while support for gay rights has gone up?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 07:34:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why has support for trans rights declined in recent years while support for gay rights has gone up?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Why has support for trans rights declined in recent years while support for gay rights has gone up?  (Read 2074 times)
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2023, 08:48:39 PM »

I used to follow her too until it was all anti-trans all the time. I don't know what Contrapoints is, but doing things like defending Matt Walsh (greater of the "groomer" lie) and opening the only women's shelter in Britain that explicitly bans trans people is enough for me to think lowly of her.

Obviously I condemn the death threats as much as anyone, but ad I often point out, assume everything on Twitter is fake unless you know for 100% certain it is not, regardless of what side it's coming from. It's almost entirely bots and trolls.
I don't think trans women should be allowed in women shelters...
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2023, 11:37:01 PM »

Just like all the failed social crusades of the past from conservatives (slavery, womens suffrage, native suffrage, interacial marriage, gay marriage), they are using the last gasp of oppostion to try and bring their hate onto something. Just because people are shouting about it, doesn't mean it's a popular position.

It’s amazing how much more simplistic you’ve become over the years as your bitterness has taken over.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2023, 11:05:02 PM »

Some great points made in this thread. Another point that I haven't seen mentioned is that many people can conceptualize and understand someone being "gay" but not so much someone being "trans".

Being trans is just not something that many people can wrap their heads around. "Oh, that guy/girl likes another guy/girl. OK whatever" as opposed to "That guy/girl is...a girl/guy?". To me, this is the biggest stumbling block when it comes to "trans rights".

Also, "trans rights" are almost exclusively related to trans women because trans men are pretty much non-existent to most people and about 99% of debates over "trans rights". Many people still view trans women as just a "man in a wig and dress" and that connotation will be hard to shake for a lot of trans women.
An increasing percentage of debates are about trans men and especially trans boys, especially with an increase in females (used here as a biological term) identifying as trans.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2023, 11:37:19 PM »

An increasing percentage of debates are about trans men and especially trans boys, especially with an increase in females (used here as a biological term) identifying as trans.
I haven't seen any of that. 99% of "trans rights" debates are over trans girls/women.
Perlen vor den Schweinen
kongress
United States

« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2023, 12:02:04 AM »

99% of the bullsh!t around the "non-affirmative" trans rights discourse can be summarized as "meet the new boss, same as the old boss."

Also you all fall really easily for strawmen and moronic arguments about the "beliefs of trans people." Sorry, I have a bigger brain than you all. Too Bad!
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2023, 12:04:12 AM »

99% of the bullsh!t around the "non-affirmative" trans rights discourse can be summarized as "meet the new boss, same as the old boss."

Also you all fall really easily for strawmen and moronic arguments about the "beliefs of trans people." Sorry, I have a bigger brain than you all. Too Bad!

Can you translate this into english, please?
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2023, 04:06:32 AM »

I haven't seen any of that. 99% of "trans rights" debates are over trans girls/women.

Abigail Shrier's book Irreversible Damage is about trans boys, and by itself the source of more than one percent of the trans rights debate.

There is a noted increase in females identifying as trans, to the extent that they now outnumber males identifying as trans.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6802728/

These types of changes lead to controversies.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2023, 11:17:56 AM »

Abigail Shrier's book Irreversible Damage is about trans boys, and by itself the source of more than one percent of the trans rights debate.

There is a noted increase in females identifying as trans, to the extent that they now outnumber males identifying as trans.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6802728/

These types of changes lead to controversies.
Um.......OK lol.

You may take note about trans boys/men but that doesn't mean anything.

There is NO widespread debate about trans boys/men and that's just a fact. I don't know what to tell you. You can believe whatever you want though lol.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2023, 03:27:18 PM »

One largely the "just leave people in peace" argument, which appeals to a ton of libertarian-leaning folks while the other largely rejects it.   
Agafin
Cameroon

« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2023, 05:21:01 PM »

As a (very ) casual gamer, I've just got another reminder of why trans acceptance is dropping. Trans activists are extremely patronizing and preachy. They've just declared that anyone who buys a game (Hogwarts Legacy) is a transphobe who wants to kill all trans people? Going so far as harassing streamers, doxxing people, intentionally spoiling the game and banning the discussion of it on several gaming related platforms. I mean it's not the biggest thing but the contrast between this and how gay people fought for their rights is jarring. While lgb people tried to "seduce" straights into accepting them, trans people are trying to absolutely annoy the crap outta any cis person. Not the best strategy. I feel like if you were poll support for trans rights over the past few months amongst gamers, you'd probably notice a considerable nosedive.
Burke Bro
omelott
Israel

« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2023, 06:40:33 PM »

Just because a movement is characterized as "progressive" or "forward thinking" doesn't mean it actually improves the human condition. In some instances, progressive cultural causes have caused society to regress. Eugenics and prohibition were once considered progressive causes.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies