NV (OHPI) - Trump +2, Desantis +6 against Biden
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:57:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election
  2024 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  NV (OHPI) - Trump +2, Desantis +6 against Biden
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NV (OHPI) - Trump +2, Desantis +6 against Biden  (Read 1396 times)
BenjiG98
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.00, S: -2.26

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 09, 2023, 02:45:31 PM »

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2023, 02:47:22 PM »

I have a feeling Nevada could flip in 2024, when if Biden makes gains elsewhere in the country.

However, the number of undecideds make this poll useless.
Epaminondas

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2023, 03:00:17 PM »

Par for the course as many soft Biden followers are reluctant to endorse him openly. Not the cool thing to say.
He'll get 50% in either matchup.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2023, 03:15:01 PM »

Yea we have seen this before NV polls always underestimate Ds

D's always overperform on VBM ballots
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2023, 03:16:49 PM »

I have a feeling Nevada could flip in 2024, when if Biden makes gains elsewhere in the country.

LoL Jacky Rosen is on the ballot and doesn't have a challenge yea this poll is newsworthy only because RS are leading
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2023, 03:33:55 PM »

MARIST is the only pollster U trust on polls because they nailed NV, PA, GA and AZ last time
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2023, 10:56:47 PM »

Senator Adam Laxalt agrees.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2023, 11:19:14 PM »

🇺🇦 Purple 🦄 Unicorn 🇮🇱
Purple Unicorn
Germany

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2023, 01:51:19 PM »

DeSantis +6 is an ominous sign for Biden, but more than a fifth of voters remain undecided.

It's still not good news for Biden: DeSantis polls much higher than Biden among Independents, see his FL reelection victory.

Biden can take comfort in the fact that DeSantis won't come out unscathed from the primary with Trump, or Trump running as an Indepdent.

But I doubt it: Trump will complain and whine around for a few weeks and then support DeSantis' nomination.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2023, 02:35:12 PM »

DeSantis +6 is an ominous sign for Biden, but more than a fifth of voters remain undecided.

It's still not good news for Biden: DeSantis polls much higher than Biden among Independents, see his FL reelection victory.

Biden can take comfort in the fact that DeSantis won't come out unscathed from the primary with Trump, or Trump running as an Indepdent.

But I doubt it: Trump will complain and whine around for a few weeks and then support DeSantis' nomination.

LoL it's a poll taken 2 yrs before Eday
Spectator
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2023, 01:35:31 AM »

I知 skeptical of most polling that shows Trump gaining relative to 2020.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2023, 05:15:54 PM »

I've seen no evidence whatsoever that he has won over any significant number of Biden voters, and there is absolutely no reason to believe that first-time voters in 2024 will favor Trump. He would have to count on Biden voters staying home, but I doubt that is going to happen.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2023, 05:25:55 PM »

I've seen no evidence whatsoever that he has won over any significant number of Biden voters, and there is absolutely no reason to believe that first-time voters in 2024 will favor Trump. He would have to count on Biden voters staying home, but I doubt that is going to happen.
(1) Without Covid, the utilization of VBM likely won't be as high. Further, the GOP is starting to realize VBM can be weaponized by both sides.
(2) It's very unlikely we'll see as low a third party share in 2024 as we did in 2020 given the ease of canvassing without Covid restrictions.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2023, 05:37:48 PM »

(1) Without Covid, the utilization of VBM likely won't be as high. Further, the GOP is starting to realize VBM can be weaponized by both sides.
(2) It's very unlikely we'll see as low a third party share in 2024 as we did in 2020 given the ease of canvassing without Covid restrictions.

Who is refusing to vote if they can't vote by mail? Voting by mail is as big of a pain in the ass as voting  in person is. If anything, rural people and old people are the only ones likely to not vote if they can't do it by mail.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2023, 06:01:55 PM »

Who is refusing to vote if they can't vote by mail? Voting by mail is as big of a pain in the ass as voting  in person is. If anything, rural people and old people are the only ones likely to not vote if they can't do it by mail.
It's not about refusing to vote, it's about laws not being equal. Look at Pennsylvania and Wisconsin specifically, which have arguably been tipping point states the last two elections.

They went from having the most restrictive laws on absentees, to implementing no excuse VBM, without adding early in-person voting. It's not about VBM being a problem, but not providing in-person options over the same period. VBM results have inarguably leaned far, far left since 2020, and given in-person early voting has leaned right, the GOP has been deprived of voting options in several integral states.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2023, 09:15:29 AM »

Yeah, besides the fact that there are way too many undecideds here, after the 2022 results, how would it make any sense for Trump to *gain* compared to 2020?
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2023, 06:41:58 PM »

Yeah, besides the fact that there are way too many undecideds here, after the 2022 results, how would it make any sense for Trump to *gain* compared to 2020?
He gained 12 million from 2016->2020.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2023, 01:28:40 AM »

There's no evidence Biden has gained over Trump voters either lol.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2023, 01:29:11 AM »

Because Trump voters didn't turn out.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2023, 01:59:36 AM »

What is this statement? Is this what passes for a sick burn these day? I guess I really have to spell it out for you, but the reason I was focusing on Trump persuading Biden voters (not the other way around) was because there were more Biden voters than there were Trump voters. So that would presumably indicate that Biden/Trump voters are the people we should be looking for if we're talking about Trump gaining relative to 2020, which was the topic of the post I responded to and quoted in the post that you just quoted and responded to.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2023, 06:39:23 PM »

Damn y誕ll are really going to believe Republican leads in Nevada polling all over again, huh?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2023, 07:00:26 PM »

It's the same pollsters posting all the time underestimate Biden all you want he is gonna win again it's a Prez Race not a Midterm

The same pollsters has Gallego comfortable ahead of all RS in AZ if Gallego is leading in AZ no way we lose NV and Jacky Rosen has no challenge yet and it's not Laxalt
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2023, 07:07:56 PM »

What is this statement? Is this what passes for a sick burn these day? I guess I really have to spell it out for you, but the reason I was focusing on Trump persuading Biden voters (not the other way around) was because there were more Biden voters than there were Trump voters. So that would presumably indicate that Biden/Trump voters are the people we should be looking for if we're talking about Trump gaining relative to 2020, which was the topic of the post I responded to and quoted in the post that you just quoted and responded to.

There is no evidence it's 6 mnths after we voted THINGS CHANGE IN 2 YRS, we are leading in MS, KY Gov MT S and NC Gov and LA Gov is a Runoff
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2023, 09:29:42 AM »

CCM won a Trump +3 electorate in 2022 as well. Dem turnout was way down but CCM unexpectedly won independents. A lot of state polls were as bad in 2022 as 2020/2016 but they get a pass because they missed the other way.
TodayJunior
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2023, 04:05:05 PM »

Biden wins by 4. Next!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies