Nobody likes Kamala Harris lmao
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 12:06:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Nobody likes Kamala Harris lmao
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Nobody likes Kamala Harris lmao  (Read 3117 times)
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 06, 2023, 11:38:41 PM »

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2023, 11:39:55 PM »

I mean what has she done other than cast tie-breaking votes in the Senate?
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2023, 11:49:13 PM »

Oh I like her, lol.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2023, 12:14:10 AM »

I mean what has she done other than cast tie-breaking votes in the Senate?

What are VPs supposed to do?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2023, 12:20:14 AM »

Well Biden himself is a great example, he connected with the public in a way that he would've never been able to win the nomination four years after leaving office if he didn't and sort of served as the unofficial spokesman for the Obama Admin.

But as for Harris...well get this she's actually visiting Minnesota this week. But it's in St. Cloud, not even the Twin Cities, and isn't getting much attention outside of the St. Cloud media. And remember St. Cloud isn't that far, Twin Citians could easily commute, but there really just doesn't seem to be much interest at all. She probably will pull a smaller crowd than Keith Ellison could pull.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2023, 12:21:00 AM »

not much, so keeping the staff happy (or at least not miserable) should be an easy task.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2023, 12:23:29 AM »
« Edited: February 07, 2023, 12:28:42 AM by DrScholl »

The New York Times and their "anonymous sources". The obsession with people hating Kamala Harris is very weird. I've never seen this much obsession over a VP. Personally I like a qualified VP that isn't seeking attention or privately running the White House (Dick Cheney).
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2023, 12:42:03 AM »

The New York Times and their "anonymous sources". The obsession with people hating Kamala Harris is very weird. I've never seen this much obsession over a VP. Personally I like a qualified VP that isn't seeking attention or privately running the White House (Dick Cheney).

do you think the stories are lies/exaggerations and they just hate her for whatever reasons or that the stories are generally true and you just think allies like the New York Times and Democratic aides should keep their mouths shut about any negatives Harris may have?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2023, 12:55:31 AM »

Harris is a joke.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2023, 01:03:14 AM »

do you think the stories are lies/exaggerations and they just hate her for whatever reasons or that the stories are generally true and you just think allies like the New York Times and Democratic aides should keep their mouths shut about any negatives Harris may have?

I'm not going to argue with you because clearly you want to pick a fight, but anyone who actually reads knows that anonymous sources articles in politics are sketchy. Plus the whole likability issue comes up with women in politics a lot and it seems to be based on speculation more than fact.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2023, 01:04:43 AM »

so, the second option then?
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2023, 02:46:24 AM »

Calling the NYT an "ally" of the left, the Democratic Party, or the Biden-Harris admistration is a gross oversimplification. Sometimes what the NYT publishes aligns with or benefits one or.more of those groups. Often it does not.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2023, 02:53:10 AM »

Calling the NYT an "ally" of the left, the Democratic Party, or the Biden-Harris admistration is a gross oversimplification. Sometimes what the NYT publishes aligns with or benefits one or.more of those groups. Often it does not.

The NYT has become a joke and bears great responsibility for Trump's rise to power. Their bothsiderism has become comical.

BTW, why is it always female politicians who are accused of being "bad bosses"? Why have we never seen an article for example about all those congressmen who were later accused of sexually harassing their staff?
Doesn't that kind of behavior make someone a bad boss?
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2023, 04:24:42 AM »

I'm not going to argue with you because clearly you want to pick a fight, but anyone who actually reads knows that anonymous sources articles in politics are sketchy. Plus the whole likability issue comes up with women in politics a lot and it seems to be based on speculation more than fact.

it's either about race or sex with you people lmao.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2023, 06:41:28 AM »

And who does like you?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2023, 07:09:57 AM »

the next competitive Democratic primaries are going to be a great watch.  Very few people like this lady, but the few that do really like her and think everyone that doesn't is a women hating racist. They are also the kind of people who are used to getting their way in these kinds of battles or at least don't take losses very well, so it's going to be very entertaining watching them cry racism and misogyny at their friends, family and fellow party members.
Thank you for being a friend...
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2023, 08:10:07 AM »

I still think her biggest problem is just not being known at all.  A lot of Democrats don't really have an opinion one way or the other, and that's odd because she's the first woman Vice President.  You'd think that the first would be somebody more known to the public, since it would seem natural that she'd be a successor. 

Maybe she's just going to be like most of the men that came before her and be someone that was just there and not really have much significance.

I don't see her as winning the party's nomination in the future for POTUS unless there's absolutely nobody else to choose from.  By the time 2028 comes around, there will be new national figures for the party.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2023, 08:27:19 AM »

Very few people like this lady, but the few that do really like her and think everyone that doesn't is a women hating racist.

I don't think either of your statements apply to me.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2023, 01:01:49 PM »

ACAB includes Kamala Harris.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2023, 01:15:25 PM »

I still think her biggest problem is just not being known at all.  A lot of Democrats don't really have an opinion one way or the other, and that's odd because she's the first woman Vice President.  You'd think that the first would be somebody more known to the public, since it would seem natural that she'd be a successor. 

Maybe she's just going to be like most of the men that came before her and be someone that was just there and not really have much significance.

I don't see her as winning the party's nomination in the future for POTUS unless there's absolutely nobody else to choose from.  By the time 2028 comes around, there will be new national figures for the party.

Biden was well known as VP.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2023, 01:49:35 PM »
« Edited: February 07, 2023, 02:32:07 PM by hermit »

Biden was well known as VP.

He had two terms plus he was previously around a very long time in Congress. Kamala is just a blip on the radar screen at this point. As for me, I never care about the VP too much. Dan Quayle comes to mind as the one who I least had any respect for. If he became president due to the incapacitation of George H Bush....I shudder to think.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2023, 02:55:48 PM »

Why is Biden beating both DeSantis and Trump 52/48 everyone I talk to says they know Gore, and Kamala and if you ask them Quayle, Cheney or Pence whom, what, what is it, she is more popular than all the R Veeps combined if Biden gets impeached before or after Eday he will give it to Harris anyways

All the R Veeps have like a 15% Approval and Harris has a 45%  that's better than the three combined

Harris or Biden don't have to pkse the S we only need WI, PA and MI and the RS list the H in PA and the state legislature when Ron Johnson isn't on the ballot in 24 the RS in WI underperforming, Baldwin won her last race by 10
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2023, 04:37:06 PM »

This is one among many reasons why Biden is going to run for re-election.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2023, 04:56:41 PM »

I don’t dislike her myself, but she’s just not politically astute enough.  I tended to support her selection initially, but in hindsight it was a mistake.

This is one among many reasons why Biden is going to run for re-election.

Indeed.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2023, 05:00:37 PM »

I'm confused about exactly what she is supposed to be doing? When she was selected there was gossip that she was going to be sneaking around trying to backstab Biden because she's this conniving harpy, but now she's being too quiet. The Vice President only is supposed to do what the constitution says and if the President wants them to be a standard bearer on certain issues they do that, but overall it's a limited role.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies