Blumenauer Congressional Plan (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:50:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Blumenauer Congressional Plan (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Blumenauer Congressional Plan  (Read 2933 times)
patzer
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -3.48

« on: February 07, 2023, 07:14:44 PM »

For North Carolina the court-drawn map would probably be along the lines of this.
patzer
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2023, 06:13:20 AM »

Nah, the court would have imposed a 9-9 map, just like how the one presently in place is 7-7. Their Dems after all.

Bonus points for this map are the questionable decisions in regards to COIs and regions I made, since the court's map made so many! Chapel Hill - North Greensboro so as to allow for a minority seat in the rest of the metro, Keeping the Gastonia arm even though Mecklenburg is now close to perfect population, cutting Wake East/West cause Raleigh has to be split anyway so why not create an access seat, and whatever happens to Lejune since Jacksonville is yanked out of Onslow. Kinda like what they did to Fayetteville, W-S, Raleigh and Wayne IRL.

Also, its now an open question of what happens in NC-11. Chuck Edwards won the Primary cause of Henderson and Buncombe overlapped with his Senate seat. Would he even have run if Henderson was split unfavorably? Would he have still won the primary? Could one of the other candidates become the consensus vs Cawthorn and win? Cause if Cawthorn ends up as the hypothetical 2022 GOP candidate, he loses based on the underperformances displayed by other members of his young extremist clique like Boebert.
I don't think they'd be so bold as to split Mecklenburg and Wake three ways when it can easily be done with two.

If they were to do a 9-9 map (plausible), I think the ninth Dem seat would be most logical in Forsyth, while keeping Greensboro in the 6th, like this
patzer
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2023, 10:40:46 AM »

This isn't remotely pretty, but it's what I came up with if South Carolina Republicans were to want to make a gerrymander that leaves their six seats as absolutely safe as possible.

patzer
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2023, 08:09:03 AM »

Nevada. Data is President 2020

patzer
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2023, 01:20:13 PM »

Colorado, if the Democrats there were as bold as the Illinois ones! (Data is 2020 presidential)

patzer
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2023, 07:22:06 AM »

Mississippi is clearly a state that would have two VRA districts. In this map, the 2nd is 54% black VAP and Biden+11; the 5th is 55% black VAP and Biden+17. It's quite neat that this number of districts allows for a black district stretching across Mississippi, and only four counties are split. (Amazingly, the 5th has a population deviation of 0 despite no counties being split- this is the first time I've ever accidentally had that result when making maps on DRA!)

The 2nd district's incumbent Bennie Thompson would live in the 5th district here; I suppose Mike Espy might run in this 2nd.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies