Oldest person you've known

<< < (2/8) > >>

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better:
Define "known". Apparently I was held by one of my great-grandmothers as a baby born in the 1800s but she also died when I was 2 and I have no memory of her. Also my first babysitter, one of my parents' friend's mother, is still alive, and when she babysat me she was recently retired and newly eligible for Social Security! (Yes she's 104.) But it's a stretch to say I "know" her and probably haven't met her for well over 20 years.

My living grandmother and living grandfather are both in their 90s though.

Alcibiades:
My great-grandfather was born in 1908, and I did meet him as a baby, but I was too young to remember and he died shortly after. The oldest I actually know is probably my dad’s godfather (I used to visit him pretty much every summer when I was young — not so frequently recently, but I did see him last summer for the first time in quite a while), who was born in 1925 and still seems to be going pretty strong for a 97 year old.

LAKISYLVANIA:
I personally wouldn't even know if my grandmother or grandfather are still alive (on both sides). No-one would literally tell me if they died. So i don't know if they're alive or not.

I probably wouldn't even know if my mom is alive or dead. Maybe i would know if like because a notary or authorities would let me know in that case (i guess?), so they're most likely alive. Not at the age to be expected dead too.

TDAS04:
My earliest memory of someone dying was when my great aunt passed away at age 91.  She must have been born in about 1902.

Torie:
My grandfather was born in 1874, and died in 1961 when I was 10 years old. I don't recall meeting anyone older.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page