Italian mafia murder fugitive caught being a pizza chef in France, was on the run for 16 years

<< < (2/4) > >>

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better:
Quote from: Southern Delegate and Atlasian AG Punxsutawney Phil on February 04, 2023, 12:40:04 AM

Quote from: Storr on February 02, 2023, 04:35:18 PM

"Edgardo Greco, 63, was wanted for the murder of two brothers during a "mafia war" between two gangs in the early 1990s.

Stefano and Giuseppe Bartolomeo were beaten to death at a fishmonger's in the small town of Cosenza in January 1991. Their bodies were never found and are believed to have been dissolved in acid."

Dissolved in acid? You can't make this up.

Why the surprise? That's standard mafia protocol.

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better:
Actually per the article this guy wasn't even really part of the mafia, he was part of the 'Ndrangheta. The 'Ndrangheta make the mafia look nice. They're more like an Italian equivalent to MS-13 or Mexican drug cartels in how they operate than the stereotypical mafia that Americans think of.

So yeah dissolving a body in acid is totally up their alley.

𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆:
Quote from: I will not be your victim, I will not bathe in your flames on February 04, 2023, 01:19:18 AM

Actually per the article this guy wasn't even really part of the mafia, he was part of the 'Ndrangheta. The 'Ndrangheta make the mafia look nice. They're more like an Italian equivalent to MS-13 or Mexican drug cartels in how they operate than the stereotypical mafia that Americans think of.

So yeah dissolving a body in acid is totally up their alley.

I would say the 'Ndrangheta is more hardcore than Cosa Nostra (Sicilian mafia) these days, but all of them can be that ruthless. Especially if we are talking about the early 1990s!

To corroborate both of our points, the most famous case of a victim dissolved in acid is Giuseppe Di Matteo, a literal child who was kidnapped by Cosa Nostra in 1993 and killed in 1996.

Filuwaúrdjan:
Quote from: Garibaldi Day on February 04, 2023, 05:56:44 AM

I would say the 'Ndrangheta is more hardcore than Cosa Nostra (Sicilian mafia) these days...

...and the main reason for that is that the hardcore nutters in the Cosa Nostra were so out of control by the 1980s that they had become a threat to the stability of the State, which had little option but to expend considerable, no, immense, resources on catching them and smashing their influence.

𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆:
Quote from: Filuwaúrdjan on February 04, 2023, 08:51:19 AM

Quote from: Garibaldi Day on February 04, 2023, 05:56:44 AM

I would say the 'Ndrangheta is more hardcore than Cosa Nostra (Sicilian mafia) these days...

...and the main reason for that is that the hardcore nutters in the Cosa Nostra were so out of control by the 1980s that they had become a threat to the stability of the State, which had little option but to expend considerable, no, immense, resources on catching them and smashing their influence.

Indeed. And though they reacted and peaked with the bombs of 1992-1993 (including of course the murders of Falcone and Borsellino, probably their biggest crime against the State), the crackdown forced all those who weren't caught immediately to tone it down a lot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page