Who else will run for IN-SEN?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:54:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Who else will run for IN-SEN?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who else will run for IN-SEN?
Victoria Spartz

Todd Rokita

Eric Holcomb

Trey Hollingsworth

One of the Pence brothers

None of the above

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 17

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Who else will run for IN-SEN?  (Read 700 times)
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 01, 2023, 04:33:52 PM »

Who else will run for IN-SEN besides Jim Banks?
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2023, 06:24:39 PM »

Spartz if anybody but Banks has pretty much locked it up since Daniels declined.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2023, 09:41:17 PM »

Hopefully Holcomb does, he's the least bad potential candidate with a legit shot to win the seat now that Daniels declined.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2023, 07:47:31 AM »

Hollingsworth may because he has no other real options (he already didn't run for reelection last cycle so he could run for Senate), but otherwise idk who would enter a race they have no chance of winning. Jim Banks is basically the Senator-elect.
JMT

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2023, 12:25:28 PM »

I think Jim Banks has this in the bag at this point. Spartz confirmed her retirement today. I think Eric Holcomb knows he wouldn’t win a primary, I think he probably just finishes his term as Governor then retires from politics and works in the private sector. And I think Todd Rokita runs for re-election, which is a near certain win for him, rather than be the underdog in a Governor or Senate race. Jennifer-Ruth Green was also discussed as a potential contender, but if anything I think she’s more likely to run for IN-01 again.

I think the only other possible candidate at this point is Trey Hollingsworth. He may still run for Senate, given that he’s out of office now and wouldn’t need to give up a seat to run. But, I think he’ll see that Banks has effectively cleared the field and won’t want to lose. Hollingsworth is young and could run for something else in the future.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2023, 12:56:48 PM »

I think Jim Banks has this in the bag at this point. Spartz confirmed her retirement today. I think Eric Holcomb knows he wouldn’t win a primary, I think he probably just finishes his term as Governor then retires from politics and works in the private sector. And I think Todd Rokita runs for re-election, which is a near certain win for him, rather than be the underdog in a Governor or Senate race. Jennifer-Ruth Green was also discussed as a potential contender, but if anything I think she’s more likely to run for IN-01 again.

I think the only other possible candidate at this point is Trey Hollingsworth. He may still run for Senate, given that he’s out of office now and wouldn’t need to give up a seat to run. But, I think he’ll see that Banks has effectively cleared the field and won’t want to lose. Hollingsworth is young and could run for something else in the future.

There's still the question of a Pence pivot if/when his presumed presidential bid ends.
JMT

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2023, 10:14:53 PM »

There's still the question of a Pence pivot if/when his presumed presidential bid ends.

I just don’t see a former Vice President running for Senate, given that it’s such a step down. I do think Pence will run for President, but when that effort inevitably fails, he probably just retires.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2023, 11:58:59 PM »

I just don’t see a former Vice President running for Senate, given that it’s such a step down. I do think Pence will run for President, but when that effort inevitably fails, he probably just retires.

Tbf, it's not exactly rare in modern American history: Barkley & Humphrey both returned to the Senate, & Mondale tried to. That's 20% of our post-war Veeps. 1 out of 5 of 'em evidently tries to take the step down Tongue
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies