AL (Public Opinion Strategies) - DeSantis +18
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:12:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election
  2024 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  AL (Public Opinion Strategies) - DeSantis +18
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: AL (Public Opinion Strategies) - DeSantis +18  (Read 1108 times)
BenjiG98
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.00, S: -2.26

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 01, 2023, 11:17:43 AM »
« edited: February 01, 2023, 11:20:49 AM by BenjiG98 »

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2023, 11:18:28 AM »

You mean DeSantis +18
BenjiG98
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2023, 11:20:54 AM »

Yep, fixed
Agafin
Cameroon

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2023, 11:27:45 AM »

If there's one region where Desantis will clean up, it's the South. I'm of the opinion that Desantis will have a clean sweep of every southern state.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2023, 11:29:35 AM »

If there's one region where Desantis will clean up, it's the South. I'm of the opinion that Desantis will have a clean sweep of every southern state.

Well maybe not MS and AR
Agafin
Cameroon

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2023, 11:38:48 AM »

Well maybe not MS and AR
Why not MS? The republican base there is probably not too different from AL.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2023, 11:54:31 AM »

Well maybe not MS and AR

The GOP base is far more affluent in AL
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2023, 02:58:50 PM »

Is that pollster credible? Never heard of. Could be some Republican donor firm to push a narrative.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2023, 04:19:45 PM »

Terrible poll for Trump, but not at all surprising. I don’t these results should be surprising when some of his biggest supporters on this board are Democrats who learned all the wrong lessons from 2016 and 2020.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2023, 04:41:00 PM »

Terrible poll for Trump, but not at all surprising. I don’t these results should be surprising when some of his biggest supporters on this board are Democrats who learned all the wrong lessons from 2016 and 2020.

No, I’m sure it’s just a coincidence that the only people on this forum pretending that DeSantis can’t win/beat Trump in a primary are all Democrats.
BenjiG98
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2023, 04:44:26 PM »

No, I’m sure it’s just a coincidence that the only people on this forum pretending that DeSantis can’t win/beat Trump in a primary are all Democrats.
It's not that he can't. He won't. I don't buy the hype.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2023, 04:45:51 PM »

We know you don’t, and we all know why you don’t.
BenjiG98
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2023, 05:32:29 PM »

We know you don’t, and we all know why you don’t.
I think DeSantis is popular among certain demographics but I think he's untested outside of the Sun Belt and will fail to get enough support in the midwest, northwest and northeast. I'm not saying he's certain to fail, I just think he's overhyped.
Property Representative of the Harold Holt Swimming Centre
TheTide
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

P P P
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2023, 05:44:17 PM »

Hahahahahahahaaha

the acronym of this pollster

Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2023, 11:18:51 PM »

Is that pollster credible? Never heard of. Could be some Republican donor firm to push a narrative.

It is a Republican donor firm, which you would know if you had been poll-watching for a while, but at the same time if you had you would know that polls of every category (Republican donors/Democratic donors/neither) have shown DeSantis landslides and Trump landslides.

(Also, the way you can tell polls are meant to promote a narrative is if they show the candidate who paid for them narrowly down, such that they probably lose but you can save them by donating, or if they ask issue questions, particularly issue questions where something relevant to that issue happened recently so numbers are likely to be temporarily skewed. 'Some candidate somewhere is crushing some other candidate somewhere' is virtually never meant to promote a narrative.)
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2023, 01:05:14 AM »

He still wins in a 9 way race.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2023, 08:30:57 AM »

It is a Republican donor firm, which you would know if you had been poll-watching for a while, but at the same time if you had you would know that polls of every category (Republican donors/Democratic donors/neither) have shown DeSantis landslides and Trump landslides.

(Also, the way you can tell polls are meant to promote a narrative is if they show the candidate who paid for them narrowly down, such that they probably lose but you can save them by donating, or if they ask issue questions, particularly issue questions where something relevant to that issue happened recently so numbers are likely to be temporarily skewed. 'Some candidate somewhere is crushing some other candidate somewhere' is virtually never meant to promote a narrative.)

It's not a "donor firm" (I've never heard this term used before and don't know what it's supposed to mean) - it is a polling firm that works for Republican candidates and groups (including whoever likely paid for this poll). We've partnered with them on bipartisan surveys many times before and they do good work.
Ragnaroni
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.97, S: 1.74

P
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2023, 08:42:27 AM »

When a deep red pro Trump state is +18 for DeSantis, that's a bad sign for orange man! Not questioning you but is this a trustworthy pollster?
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2023, 10:01:34 AM »

All these R-primary polls are so inconsistent, makes them pretty much worthless at this stage. That said, I don't think this one is remotely accurate. Trump is and remains the frontrunner.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2023, 12:28:12 PM »

It's not a "donor firm" (I've never heard this term used before and don't know what it's supposed to mean) - it is a polling firm that works for Republican candidates and groups (including whoever likely paid for this poll). We've partnered with them on bipartisan surveys many times before and they do good work.

It is a firm whose clients tend to be Republican politicians, and in particular fairly non-Trumpy ones. 'Donor firm' is kind of an odd turn of phrase but that's obviously what is meant, and there's no particular use denying it.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2023, 02:46:30 PM »

All these R-primary polls are so inconsistent, makes them pretty much worthless at this stage. That said, I don't think this one is remotely accurate. Trump is and remains the frontrunner.

What makes the Trump-friendly ones more reliable then?
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2023, 03:57:40 PM »

It is a firm whose clients tend to be Republican politicians, and in particular fairly non-Trumpy ones. 'Donor firm' is kind of an odd turn of phrase but that's obviously what is meant, and there's no particular use denying it.

Sorry if my post came off combative - that wasn't how I meant it but I do see that it could be read that way. I was trying to add context and vouch for the pollster.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2023, 01:32:40 PM »

Just as I'm sure it's a coincidence that all the people that think DeSantis can beat Trump are the people who got 2022 wrong.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2023, 10:32:35 AM »

Well maybe not MS and AR

The GOP base is far more affluent in AL

Ignorant.  Is a difference of less than $1,000/yr that meaningful?  LOL

Median incomes for White households (2021):

AL:  $51,345
MS:  $50,525
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2023, 10:37:28 AM »

DeSantis hasn't even announced for Prez yet and Desantis is overrated he is losing to Biden neverless about NV which underestimate D support

Yea we learned the wrong lessons of 2016/20 but if that was the case Obama won 2008/12
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies