I've read 15 books about the 2020 election...Ask me anything!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:27:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  I've read 15 books about the 2020 election...Ask me anything!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: I've read 15 books about the 2020 election...Ask me anything!  (Read 10082 times)
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2023, 05:52:33 PM »

Did Trump expect Biden to win the primaries?
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2023, 07:10:14 PM »

1. Did Biden consider dropping out after Iowa or New Hampshire?

2. Who did Obama secretly support? What where his true thoughts on Biden running?

3. This may have been asked before but did Trump genuinely believe there was fraud? Or was this a shtick to get attention?

1. No, Biden himself was adamant that he stay until SC. This was shared with his wife and sister. Some lower campaign officials did start looking for new jobs.

2. Obama didn't support anyone. He did have a soft spot for Cory Booker and hoped he'd win. Back when Biden was considering running in 2016, Obama made it clear that Booker needed to be VP. Obama did not want Biden to run in 2020, fearing he would lose and tarnish his repuation.

3. Unknown. Most likely knew their was no fraud. Most likely knew he was not going to stay in office but wanted to lay the groundwork for 2024.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2023, 01:19:14 AM »

2. Obama didn't support anyone. He did have a soft spot for Cory Booker and hoped he'd win.

That's strange considering what Booker did in 2012.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2023, 04:24:01 AM »

1. Klobuchar was never Biden's first choice. Biden never had a "first choice''. He is famously indecisive. Biden did really like Whitmer, I suspect she was his first choice. But most of the selection process was after George Floyd. Harris was the natural option. But Jill absoletly did not want her.

I like Jill Biden but I find her stance more than a little hypocritical considering the fact that uncle Joe hit Obama pretty hard in the 2008 primary debates.
Maybe Jill Biden wasn’t motivated by a grudge over the primaries?
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2023, 05:30:57 PM »

Did Trump expect Biden to win the primaries?
Yes and he feared Biden winning the primaries. Hence the 2019 Ukraine scandle
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2023, 05:31:15 PM »

2. Obama didn't support anyone. He did have a soft spot for Cory Booker and hoped he'd win.

What did Booker do?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2023, 09:59:10 PM »

What did Booker do?

Stanned for Bain Capital, aka Mitt Romney's venture-capitalist company.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2023, 10:38:28 PM »

What did Booker do?
Must not have bothered Obama

In 2016, the Hillary campaign was getting worried about Bernie. They asked Obama to endorse Hillary early. Obama was hesitiant to do so. One condition was Hillary naming Booker VP. Obama saw a lot of himself in Booker.
Stanned for Bain Capital, aka Mitt Romney's venture-capitalist company.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #83 on: May 27, 2023, 11:15:19 AM »
« Edited: May 27, 2023, 11:21:18 AM by MR DARK BRANDON »

(Sorry for all the questions)

1. Was Obama Ok with Biden mentioning him in his campaign or ads?

2. Did Hillary at any point consider running?

3. Did Beto really want to be president? Or did he just run because a lot of people wanted him to?

4. Did anybody close to Biden believe he was declining cognitively? What where there thoughts on the attacks?

5. Stupid question but Was Biden bothered that his videos on YouTube generally got more dislikes than likes?
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #84 on: May 27, 2023, 06:16:37 PM »

1. Did Biden consider dropping out after Iowa or New Hampshire?

2. Who did Obama secretly support? What where his true thoughts on Biden running?

3. This may have been asked before but did Trump genuinely believe there was fraud? Or was this a shtick to get attention?

1. No, Biden himself was adamant that he stay until SC. This was shared with his wife and sister. Some lower campaign officials did start looking for new jobs.

2. Obama didn't support anyone. He did have a soft spot for Cory Booker and hoped he'd win. Back when Biden was considering running in 2016, Obama made it clear that Booker needed to be VP. Obama did not want Biden to run in 2020, fearing he would lose and tarnish his repuation.

3. Unknown. Most likely knew their was no fraud. Most likely knew he was not going to stay in office but wanted to lay the groundwork for 2024.

None of the books i read said that Obama had a soft spot for Booker.  Which book indicated this?
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #85 on: May 28, 2023, 10:35:07 AM »

(Sorry for all the questions)

1. Was Obama Ok with Biden mentioning him in his campaign or ads?

2. Did Hillary at any point consider running?

3. Did Beto really want to be president? Or did he just run because a lot of people wanted him to?

4. Did anybody close to Biden believe he was declining cognitively? What where there thoughts on the attacks?

5. Stupid question but Was Biden bothered that his videos on YouTube generally got more dislikes than likes?
1. I don't think Obama cared. He did think he needed respect and would not tolerate criticism. Obama invited every candidate to his house for advice. When he spoke to Warren, he made it clear he would not tolerate criticism of his administration. Warren never again criticized Obama on the campaign trail. That said, when Warren was briefly the front runner Obama told donors he could get behind her as nominee. He thought Buttigieg was too short and gay.

2. Yes, one of the books mention Hillary thinking about it. But it never left the "why not" stage.

3. Yes, very much so.

4. No, at no point did anyone in his campaign think this.

5. Didn't read anything about youtube likes. I do not social media like twitter and youtube was handled by younger staffers.
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« Reply #86 on: June 18, 2023, 12:17:08 AM »

The "real result" has changed so many times according to Trump. It changed depending on the many dozens of failed lawsuits.

How have his claims changed over the last few years?
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #87 on: August 08, 2023, 11:45:22 AM »

Hillary cancelled her fireworks the day before the election. What where some subtle signs like that from the Biden and trump campaigns in the month leading up to the election that they knew what was coming?
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #88 on: August 11, 2023, 10:17:44 AM »

Hillary cancelled her fireworks the day before the election. What where some subtle signs like that from the Biden and trump campaigns in the month leading up to the election that they knew what was coming?
None that I know of. Internal polling for both campaign were pretty accurate. The day before election, the Biden campaign expected to win Georgia but not Florida. They had it down to the street level.

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #89 on: August 11, 2023, 10:47:22 AM »

None that I know of. Internal polling for both campaign were pretty accurate. The day before election, the Biden campaign expected to win Georgia but not Florida. They had it down to the street level.

You've said it before that Biden expected to lose Florida. If so then why did they spend an obscene amount of money there (by they I don't mean only Biden's campaign but also DNC and Bloomberg's PAC).
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #90 on: August 11, 2023, 01:18:58 PM »

You've said it before that Biden expected to lose Florida. If so then why did they spend an obscene amount of money there (by they I don't mean only Biden's campaign but also DNC and Bloomberg's PAC).
Biden himself didn’t think he would win Florida when he won the nomination and wanted to abandon the state.

But pressure from the DNC and the DCCC made his campaign spend money there. They had more than enough. Plus polls in the summer showed him in the lead. But by late October it looked like Trump was going to win
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies