Is Briahna Gray the only new sane voice on the left?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:34:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Is Briahna Gray the only new sane voice on the left?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Is Briahna Gray the only new sane voice on the left?  (Read 1504 times)
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 29, 2023, 08:06:13 PM »

Thoughts Atlas communists?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2023, 11:20:36 PM »

She's one of the most deranged voices on the "left" (and she's more of a grifter than a leftist).
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2023, 11:21:41 PM »

She's one of the most deranged voices on the "left" (and she's more of a grifter than a leftist).

No surprised a centrist says this
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2023, 11:22:05 PM »

No surprised a centrist says this

I am not a centrist, dingus.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2023, 11:26:48 PM »

Yes, a former biglaw lawyer that is black and a woman is grifting as an independent who gets attacked by everyone on the left, including the hard left. lmfao
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2023, 11:45:20 PM »

Yes, a former biglaw lawyer that is black and a woman is grifting as an independent who gets attacked by everyone on the left, including the hard left. lmfao

You conservatives sure do love to play identity politics whenever it suits you.

Gray is a grifter because she routinely associates herself with bad-faith actors (and I mean her podcast is literally called "Bad Faith"), almost exclusively accepts Republican framing of criticisms of Democrats while disguising them as critiques from the left, continuously lies and misleads, and displays a shocking level of shamelessness and hypocrisy.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2023, 12:33:07 AM »

You conservatives sure do love to play identity politics whenever it suits you.

Gray is a grifter because she routinely associates herself with bad-faith actors (and I mean her podcast is literally called "Bad Faith"), almost exclusively accepts Republican framing of criticisms of Democrats while disguising them as critiques from the left, continuously lies and misleads, and displays a shocking level of shamelessness and hypocrisy.

Your stupidity is on full display here. I've always taken a difference stance on race than most conservatives on atlas and in real life. It doesn't take much to see why people call her a grifter.

Your comment is a generic Cenk talking point. She doesn't exclusively accept gop framing of issues and even if she did, that doesn't make her a grifter. You can be a progressive and accept some things the GOP says when you aren't a braindead hack that only cares about looking at issues the way Biden frames them. She criticizes the left from...do i even need to say it...the left and yet she's attacked by center-leftists and the woke mob. Any leftist that didn't go insane after 2016 or 2020 is pretty much viewed as a grifter. The irony is they were the ones that helped shape every issue the left pretended to care about until they could profit off identity politics more than usual.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2023, 12:38:23 AM »

Name me 5 things she's lied about and don't post a sam seder or cenk talking point
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2023, 06:58:57 AM »

She's a useful idiot for MAGA propagandists, which explains why OP is a fan.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2023, 08:42:23 AM »

Lmfao
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2023, 09:34:08 AM »

She's a useful idiot for MAGA propagandists, which explains why OP is a fan.

Yeah, so pretty much any lefty that doesn't want to kill a right-winger is a grifter, useful idiot, and all of the other nonsensical talking points the insane neo-left promotes
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2023, 09:35:50 AM »

Name me 5 things she's lied about and don't post a sam seder or cenk talking point

I don’t think I will, because no matter what I post you’ll just call it a Cenk or Sam Seder (I don’t even know who that is) talking point.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2023, 01:33:55 PM »

One thing about Atlas that's always kind of amused me is how certain blue avatars think they can define who the "good leftists" and "bad leftists" are and that there's any reason for actual leftists to take them seriously.

We saw this back when they insisted Tulsi Gabbard could actually win the nomination too.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2023, 02:08:26 PM »

One thing about Atlas that's always kind of amused me is how certain blue avatars think they can define who the "good leftists" and "bad leftists" are and that there's any reason for actual leftists to take them seriously.

We saw this back when they insisted Tulsi Gabbard could actually win the nomination too.

I think part of their frustration is that they just genuinely don't understand that standard progressives/leftists aren't the target audience of Gray, Greenwald, Gabbard etc. Their target audience is conservatives who want to pretend that they're exposing themselves to an alternate point of view, when all they're really doing is listening to someone else criticize the Democratic Party in a slightly different way.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2023, 03:17:31 PM »

I think part of their frustration is that they just genuinely don't understand that standard progressives/leftists aren't the target audience of Gray, Greenwald, Gabbard etc. Their target audience is conservatives who want to pretend that they're exposing themselves to an alternate point of view, when all they're really doing is listening to someone else criticize the Democratic Party in a slightly different way.

I wish I agreed with that, but unfortunately there totally is a left-wing (or at least ostensibly "left-wing") audience for people like BJG, Krystal Ball etc. These are people who basically have to constantly reaffirm how Cool and Subversive they are by sh*tting on Democrats, and who love to dismiss any concerns about the GOP's antidemocratic drift as "lib sh*t" (because I guess antifascism is exclusively liberal now?). Basically, they treat being left-wing as an aesthetic and they're mostly concerned with their own sense of superiority over the dumb resistance libs. Some of those people do end up being radicalized into being full-on MAGA types, but I think the majority just keeps floating around into this politically inert crowd and smugly signal how much they hate Democrats and liberals without contributing to left-wing advocacy in any way.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2023, 04:30:21 PM »

I wish I agreed with that, but unfortunately there totally is a left-wing (or at least ostensibly "left-wing") audience for people like BJG, Krystal Ball etc. These are people who basically have to constantly reaffirm how Cool and Subversive they are by sh*tting on Democrats, and who love to dismiss any concerns about the GOP's antidemocratic drift as "lib sh*t" (because I guess antifascism is exclusively liberal now?). Basically, they treat being left-wing as an aesthetic and they're mostly concerned with their own sense of superiority over the dumb resistance libs. Some of those people do end up being radicalized into being full-on MAGA types, but I think the majority just keeps floating around into this politically inert crowd and smugly signal how much they hate Democrats and liberals without contributing to left-wing advocacy in any way.
This is another group of people who are loud on Twitter and have near zero relevance in reality.

For proof: How well did Tulsi Gabbard's campaign do?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2023, 05:31:56 PM »

This is another group of people who are loud on Twitter and have near zero relevance in reality.

For proof: How well did Tulsi Gabbard's campaign do?

I mean, most of these people think they're too Kewl and Edgy to even vote (it's a bourgeois act don'tcha know?), not even for Tulsi.

But yeah, I know they're not a significant demographic on the electoral level. Sadly though they're significant enough to make the grifts of people like BJG financially viable.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2023, 06:53:49 PM »

I don’t think I will, because no matter what I post you’ll just call it a Cenk or Sam Seder (I don’t even know who that is) talking point.

So you can't. Thought so.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2023, 06:54:34 PM »

The irony of this is blue avatars do the exact same thing for conservatives lmao.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2023, 07:12:10 PM »

The irony of this is blue avatars do the exact same thing for conservatives lmao.
Was anyone here insisting that Bill Weld could win the GOP nomination?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2023, 09:28:47 PM »

Pretty much all of us laugh at the idea that Nikki Haley could win the nomination. I'm pretty sure almost all of us think that it's inevitable that the nominee will be DeSantis or Trump.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2023, 09:52:43 PM »

Was anyone here insisting that Bill Weld could win the GOP nomination?

My post was about everything besides that comment. I don't even know if it's true people thought gabbard would be the nominee lmao
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2023, 01:28:16 AM »

Don't know who she is (normal).
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2023, 03:26:37 PM »

She is too pro-Fox for my tastes
Biden his time
Abdullah
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2023, 04:46:00 PM »

I don't think "Brianha Gray" has enough influence to be characterized as a "voice".
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies