Would you accept an Atlasian Supreme Court appointment if you were nominated?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:34:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Would you accept an Atlasian Supreme Court appointment if you were nominated?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Would you accept an Atlasian Supreme Court appointment if you were nominated?
Yes

No

Only if threatened by brute force (totalitarian option)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 25

Author Topic: Would you accept an Atlasian Supreme Court appointment if you were nominated?  (Read 544 times)
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 29, 2023, 12:22:03 PM »

The most interesting question of our time.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2023, 12:33:27 PM »

It's very difficult to find senate candidates and this is why Half of the current senate delegations don't vote when there is an amendment. One third maybe participates in the senate discussion.

Let's create for additional vacancies, given how active this game is, I'm sure this is going to bode well!!!
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2023, 01:12:45 PM »
« Edited: January 29, 2023, 01:19:48 PM by Senator Laki »

It's very difficult to find senate candidates and this is why Half of the current senate delegations don't vote when there is an amendment. One third maybe participates in the senate discussion.

Let's create for additional vacancies, given how active this game is, I'm sure this is going to bode well!!!

The one thing you left out here is that that half is almost solely Labor.

And the "totalitarian option has been used before", by your party

You state a problem that frankly is a partisan problem and not an overall problem for the game.

__

I don't get why it is a big deal, it will have to pass in a referendum in february anyways, which people can nay vote for. And even if that passes, Fremont and Lincoln will overall still be dominated by center-of-left parties, and so will Atlasia at large if your party bothered to turn out for once, which they will if Pericles does the GOTV.

Make an argument why you need to get elected, appeal to the swing voters and you are elected for a newly elected two term.

If not, there are plenty of options either and the Federalists are in no position to push anyone through for four of the five seats (and neither is your party at this point). In RL vacancies are filled sometimes with some bipartisan consensus (or used to like 20-30 years ago), or lean moderate/centrist to appeal to more.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2023, 01:18:58 PM »

Laki,
I'm not seeking troubles or whatever. I didn't follow the game at all in the past few months for IRL reasons.

In the end, Atlasia IS facing an activity crisis and opening four New positions to fill is going to make things worse regarding that.

THAT'S MY ONLY F U CKING POINT
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2023, 01:20:13 PM »

Laki,
I'm not seeking troubles or whatever. I didn't follow the game at all in the past few months for IRL reasons.

In the end, Atlasia IS facing an activity crisis and opening four New positions to fill is going to make things worse regarding that.

Just run for re-election.

The game has never been super active, it has always had like 80% "zombie voters" and 20% more active people (and the ones who are zombies and not has changed over time). The levels of 2020 we will never see back because that was unique due to lockdowns and was secondly a presidential year. I personally don't see the problem.

In fact competition stimulates activity.

We had a good special election in Lincoln recently because Pericles decided to contest it. A special election for a seat in LGC had like the same amount of votes since this summer and one of the highest turn out ranges that is like even possible (like only 6 people that were eligible didn't vote).
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2023, 01:23:46 PM »

Laki,

The game has never been super active, it has always had like 80% "zombie voters" and 20% more active people (and the ones who are zombies and not has changed over time). The levels of 2020 we will never see back because that was unique due to lockdowns and was secondly a presidential year. I personally don't see the problem.

Justice isn't determined by your partisan affiliation. Making these positions elected would make justice partisan basically and this is bad
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2023, 01:24:13 PM »

Laki,

Justice isn't determined by your partisan affiliation. Making these positions elected would make justice partisan basically and this is bad

It is already partisan.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2023, 01:28:13 PM »

Laki,

It is already partisan.
How?
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2023, 01:30:16 PM »

Laki,

It is already partisan.
How?
You're registered as Labor, always had, always vote for Labor and have your own bias while at court. A completely neutral unbiased person does simply not exist. How you interpret the law on its own is already biased, who has written the law is also biased. A law can by definition not be neutral, and so is interpreting the law.

But even aside of that, you're just partisan. There's nothing wrong with that, but at the end, you are partisan.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2023, 01:31:43 PM »

Laki,

It is already partisan.
How?
You're registered as Labor, always had, always vote for Labor and have your own bias while at court. A completely neutral unbiased person does simply not exist. How you interpret the law on its own is already biased, who has written the law is also biased. A law can by definition not be neutral, and so is interpreting the law.

But even aside of that, you're just partisan. There's nothing wrong with that, but at the end, you are partisan.
What kind of position I took in court cases I administered rulings I made benefited labor?
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2023, 06:53:22 PM »

Yep
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2023, 06:53:51 PM »

No
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2023, 07:37:04 PM »

absolutely not
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2023, 08:29:42 AM »

In theory yes. I doubt I would be nominated, though.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2023, 11:11:37 AM »

No, also because i have no judicial background.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies