Ecuadorian elections (referendum, 21 April 2024) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:59:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Ecuadorian elections (referendum, 21 April 2024) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ecuadorian elections (referendum, 21 April 2024)  (Read 43976 times)
kaoras
Chile

« on: February 06, 2023, 08:53:40 AM »

Wow.

Lasso was a dead man walking anyway so honestly I don't see how much this matters outside of the pointing to an RC victory at the next pres election. What does this even mean?

Judging by the move in Ecuadorian financial markets you'd think that there'd been an armed coup lol

At the end of the day RC is just boring, inconsistently progressive, desarrollista technocracy (and about as corrupt as the rest of the political spectrum). Markets really should chill.
kaoras
Chile

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2023, 10:16:20 AM »

The cartoon is a parody of the Doraemon anime (which appears to be quite popular in Ecuador while this one has never been a thing in my country, where there have still been hundreds of anime being aired since the late 1970s) with the four candidates being depicted as the four main kid characters of the anime:

This is really interesting, I didn't even know that Doraemon had been dubbed to Spanish.

Lol, everyone and their mother (quite literally) has seen it. Out of curiosity, how long have you been in the US?
kaoras
Chile

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2023, 01:02:01 PM »

The cartoon is a parody of the Doraemon anime (which appears to be quite popular in Ecuador while this one has never been a thing in my country, where there have still been hundreds of anime being aired since the late 1970s) with the four candidates being depicted as the four main kid characters of the anime:

This is really interesting, I didn't even know that Doraemon had been dubbed to Spanish.

Lol, everyone and their mother (quite literally) has seen it. Out of curiosity, how long have you been in the US?

Five years. As far as I know we never had Doraemon on Uruguayan TV or the Latin American international cable channels that we had. Maybe it's a Pacific coast countries thing?

Wiki says that the 1979 series was aired in Argentinian tv at least.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies