CA SEN Porter internal Leads
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:08:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CA SEN Porter internal Leads
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CA SEN Porter internal Leads  (Read 967 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 27, 2023, 02:19:21 AM »

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1618865095265890308?t=sRAX3IC-ZWMNoyHXqmLnyg&s=19

PORTER 30
Schiff 29

Head2Head

PORTER 37
Schiff 26

Schiff is losing bad
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2023, 04:04:32 AM »

Not that bad for Schiff tbh. He's keeping it close while Porter has more funds/popularity with the base in an internal poll.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2023, 04:24:58 AM »

Lol having yourself up by one point in your own internal is basically code for "I'm losing!"
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2023, 05:33:20 AM »

Lol having yourself up by one point in your own internal is basically code for "I'm losing!"

Feinstein hasn't retired yet
oldtimer
Greece

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2023, 08:01:20 AM »

Schiff will probaly win.

Nadler leveraged his anti-Trump credentials to win a New York primary against a fellow incumbent.

Schiff will do the same.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2023, 08:50:19 AM »

Latinos in LA especially Females voted for Karen Bass over Caruso

If Feinstein stays in it's gomna be a Runoff between Feinstein and Porter if not Porter and Schiff
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2023, 09:44:09 AM »

Feinstein hasn't retired yet

It doesn't really matter. Either she does or ends up 4 or 5th in the jungld primary and get embarassed.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2023, 09:50:08 AM »

I don’t think so. Plus it’s a top two primary. Plus we’re like 15 months out anyway.
kwabbit

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2023, 10:15:29 AM »

Khans looks likely to pass at this point right? I wonder how potent the Indian American vote would be for him. Wouldn’t be surprising if it was more strongly for him than the Black vote will be for Lee.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2023, 11:49:09 AM »

Khanna would be my choice but Porter is preferable to Schiff just because Schiff is so obnoxious. Porter at least seems genuine even if I don’t agree with her.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2023, 07:08:38 PM »

I'll believe a Porter victory when I see it. Democrats are more concerned with owning the cons than policy.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2023, 07:36:42 PM »

Largely irrelevant due to Lee not having entered yet. No way her overall numbers are that low and it's not clear who she'll take more from.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2023, 07:57:16 PM »

Khans looks likely to pass at this point right? I wonder how potent the Indian American vote would be for him. Wouldn’t be surprising if it was more strongly for him than the Black vote will be for Lee.

There are Hindu nationalists who dislike him (the Republican opponent in Khanna's last two elections has been a Republican affiliated with the RSS), but one would imagine that Indians who vote in the primary would be overwhelmingly for Khanna, yes. The issue, such as it is, is that Indian voters are far less organized politically than black voters. It's difficult for me to imagine them turning out in droves for an Indian candidate.

I'll believe a Porter victory when I see it. Democrats are more concerned with owning the cons than policy.

If by "owning the cons" you mean Adam Schiff, you may note that (as far as I can recall) no California poster on this site has expressed the belief that he will win the election. I would be surprised if he made it to the general election. If the options turn out to be Porter, Schiff, and Lee (and that appears to be the way things are headed), I think that Lee would have to be the favorite.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2023, 01:38:26 AM »

Being down by a single point is "losing bad"?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2023, 03:01:49 PM »

It's a Runoff, anyways that's why Feinstein may stay in because she can get 46% of the vote and in the runoff get 52% he is losing biggly 37/26 in the Runoff both Porter and Feinstein can advance to runoff and either one can get 52% that's why in my signature it says Porter not Schiff Schiff has 0% chance to advance in Runoff if Feinstein stays in I lived in CA, it's a Runoff anyways
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2023, 04:50:42 PM »

If by "owning the cons" you mean Adam Schiff, you may note that (as far as I can recall) no California poster on this site has expressed the belief that he will win the election. I would be surprised if he made it to the general election. If the options turn out to be Porter, Schiff, and Lee (and that appears to be the way things are headed), I think that Lee would have to be the favorite.

That's at least good to hear. I'm still half-expecting some other ghoul to swoop in, but if the Cal people think Porter or Lee will win it eases my mind.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2023, 09:24:27 PM »

Schiff will probaly win.

Nadler leveraged his anti-Trump credentials to win a New York primary against a fellow incumbent.

Schiff will do the same.

I feel like Democratic primaries should be more than just "I'm more anti-Trump than he is" or "I'm more hated by Donald Trump / Republicans than she is."

I will also be disappointed if Schiff and Porter are the only two major contenders in 2024. I want to see a heated slugfest in the primary with lots of potential candidates (Ro Khanna as one of them, perhaps?).
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2023, 09:13:57 PM »

I don't see why Schiff isn't favoured, you have 2 candidates splitting the progressive lane. Geographic polarization is also kind of dying so just because past primaries have been NorCal vs southcal fights doesn't mean this primary will become one especially with the top two system.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies