Will NE & ME continue to allocate electoral votes by congressional districts?

<< < (2/2)

DaleCooper:
Quote from: Skill and Chance on January 29, 2023, 11:18:45 PM

Quote from: Your False god Won't Save You on January 27, 2023, 06:04:51 PM

It's the only thing that makes the states relevant in presidential elections so it'd be foolish to throw it away just to give their party one electoral vote.

Do you think the custom would survive after a 269-269 tie with one or both states splitting?

Probably not, but I don't think the electoral college or America will come out of that intact so who cares at that point?

At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder:
I suppose Maine Democrats could get away with undoing this while it would take DeSantis type skill from Nebraska's new governor to get the nonpartisan legislature to counter that, and even that may not overcome the filibuster they have in Nebraska.

Skill and Chance:
Quote from: At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder on January 30, 2023, 10:55:50 AM

I suppose Maine Democrats could get away with undoing this while it would take DeSantis type skill from Nebraska's new governor to get the nonpartisan legislature to counter that, and even that may not overcome the filibuster they have in Nebraska.

My understanding is that movement conservatives are now 1 seat below the filibuster breaking threshold in Nebraska.  If they can't get there in the next election, I doubt they ever will in this era though. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page