Pennsylvania Statewide Discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:27:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Pennsylvania Statewide Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12
Author Topic: Pennsylvania Statewide Discussion  (Read 17799 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 25, 2023, 02:25:17 PM »
« edited: January 27, 2023, 11:32:51 AM by wbrocks67 »

Just starting this since we'll have elections for Attorney General, Treasurer, and Auditor General.

Rumors of Malcolm Kenyatta for Auditor General against DeFoor. Unsure if anyone has declared for Treasurer against Garrity.

Has anyone seen anything about DeFoor and Garrity confirming re-election? I would assume so, but I don't think I've seen anything official?

Garrity at the least should be easy to beat; Dem really needs to go in on how batsh*t insane she is.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2023, 03:23:02 PM »

Attorney General will be an open race, I guess? I think it has been the norm that appointees don't run in the following election.

It's kind of interesting Pennsylvania elects these officials in presidential cycles while most other states do so with the governor.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2023, 06:12:38 PM »

The State House is in recess until Feb 27th and the anti-abortion and voting restrictions amendments had to be passed by Jan 27th, so they won't show up on the ballot for the state  primary.
Duke of York

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2023, 08:05:52 PM »

well thats good the amendments wont be on the may primary. They would have had a good chance of passing.

This could simply be a Pennsylvania thread. It doesn't have to be called the 2024 thread.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2023, 11:15:51 AM »

Depasquale has been rumored to be interested in AG, though I don't know if he makes sense for that one.

I fully expect Lamb to jump in any minute for AG.
Timberland
United States
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2023, 09:54:07 AM »

Can we also use this thread for the 2023 Pennsylvania court elections?
Duke of York

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2023, 10:35:46 AM »

Can we also use this thread for the 2023 Pennsylvania court elections?

I guess. Hence why I have suggested this be called the Pennsylvania thread.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2023, 11:32:58 AM »

Updated Smiley
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2023, 10:24:54 AM »

Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2023, 11:19:30 AM »

Enthusiastically endorsed. Kenyatta has a very bright future ahead of him.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2023, 11:50:17 AM »

Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2023, 09:41:32 PM »

I have no clue why this is an elected job, and why anybody can have any strong opinions about this.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2023, 10:01:50 AM »

I have no clue why this is an elected job, and why anybody can have any strong opinions about this.

Because Malcolm Kenyatta rules.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2023, 10:11:46 AM »

Yup, too many state positions are elected by popular and barely anyone knows that these officers actually do.

Ironically, SoS is an appointed job in PA, unlike in a vast majority of other states.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2023, 06:07:39 PM »

Yup, too many state positions are elected by popular and barely anyone knows that these officers actually do.

Ironically, SoS is an appointed job in PA, unlike in a vast majority of other states.

SoS IMO is probably the only row officer that should be elected.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2023, 08:41:07 AM »

SoS IMO is probably the only row officer that should be elected.

Hard disagree. Partisan SoS elections gives rise to election conspiracy freaks running to control elections. No thanks. I don't necessarily think Auditor General or Treasurer or whatever should be elected positions, but I see the argument more so than SoS.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2023, 09:09:58 AM »

I actually haven't seen anything yet about either Garrity or DeFoor announcing for 2024. I guess it's still early and I fully expect both of them to run again, but figured they would've said something by now.
Epaminondas

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2023, 11:25:44 AM »

I actually haven't seen anything yet about either Garrity or DeFoor announcing for 2024.

Have these 2 achieved anything major in the past 3 years, or just used their pulpit to harp on GOP pet issues while collecting the paychecks ?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2023, 12:37:31 PM »

I actually haven't seen anything yet about either Garrity or DeFoor announcing for 2024.

Have these 2 achieved anything major in the past 3 years, or just used their pulpit to harp on GOP pet issues while collecting the paychecks ?

Both have largely been silent, I would imagine most normie voters have no idea who either of them are. Garrity was in support of 1/6 / protesters that day though, so she has the most to come back to haunt her. She was way more Trumpy AFAIK than DeFoor, but also could just be because DeFoor is more silent than she is.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2023, 11:45:47 AM »

As of this morning, 781K mail ballots requested for next week's primary, with 356K being returned.

Dems return rate is 46.1% while Reps is 44.7%.

Ds strongest in Allegheny, with a 51% return rate compared to Rs 43%.

Others:
Philly - Ds 42%, Rs 42%
Bucks - Ds 56%, Rs 53%
Chester - Ds 51%, Rs 46%
Montco - Ds 42%, Rs 39%
Delaware - Rs 43%, Ds 42%
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2023, 11:50:56 AM »

Both have largely been silent, I would imagine most normie voters have no idea who either of them are. Garrity was in support of 1/6 / protesters that day though, so she has the most to come back to haunt her. She was way more Trumpy AFAIK than DeFoor, but also could just be because DeFoor is more silent than she is.
Do you think DeFoor will try to attain higher office?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2023, 01:29:43 PM »

Maybe later, but I would be surprised if he was to jump in this cycle. The problem for him and Garrity is that they've made basically no impact since 2020; no one outside of people like us knows who they are, so they are still very easily definable... which will especially be an issue for Garrity in her re-election (if she plans to run again)
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2023, 01:34:39 PM »

Maybe later, but I would be surprised if he was to jump in this cycle. The problem for him and Garrity is that they've made basically no impact since 2020; no one outside of people like us knows who they are, so they are still very easily definable... which will especially be an issue for Garrity in her re-election (if she plans to run again)

I could see DeFoor running against Shapiro in 2026 and using the fact that he is not an open radical as a way to court moderate voters.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2023, 02:59:54 PM »

I could see DeFoor running against Shapiro in 2026 and using the fact that he is not an open radical as a way to court moderate voters.
Waste of time. Shapiro has done lots of things to increase his crossover appeal. Fetterman and even Casey would be more beatable
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2023, 01:41:13 AM »

The only row office that matters is AG, hopefully Conor Lamb jumps in.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies